Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Wait, weren't able to get your points back? Or what did you mean exactly?

I'm in process trying to get my Chase UR points refunded now, and my paid upgrade to premium econ. I got Chase on the phone but they attempted to call Air Tahiti Nui while I was on hold and weren't able to get a hold of them, so they had their "Offline Team" reach out to ATN via email for my refund. That was several days ago, still haven't heard anything back yet.
Important distinction here as we were discussing Air Tahiti, not Air Tahiti Nui.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by rdh0924
Important distinction here as we were discussing Air Tahiti, not Air Tahiti Nui.
Ah gotcha. I didn't know Chase UR points could even be used to book Air Tahiti, so I had just assumed it was ATN.
Old May 19, 2020, 5:08 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by NightFury1
Gonna be releasing my dates of 8/7 to 8/12.
Either they are late putting entry level suites back into inventory, or someone was quicker than me. I tried to snatch this up after your very much appreciated heads up, but I have been denied
Old May 19, 2020, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Either they are late putting entry level suites back into inventory, or someone was quicker than me. I tried to snatch this up after your very much appreciated heads up, but I have been denied
As did I.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:16 pm

The calendar view seems to be working again - I see standard award availability from August 5-10.
Old May 20, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
same boat

Originally Posted by rdh0924
Curious if you've heard any update from Citi regarding this? I also booked with TY points (actually should be departing PPT for BOB in about 15 hours...) and finally spoke to someone helpful from cxLoyalty, the service provider for Citi. They had to put a request into Air Tahiti for a refund so that they can refund me the points. I explicitly stated that I didn't want a credit with the airline as we're not sure when we'll get back to French Polynesia to use that credit. I'm supposed to hear back within 3-5 business days. I'm not overly optimistic, but plan to request the equivalent of a chargeback if Air Tahiti refuses. Its contract of carriage isn't very clear on refunds, FWIW: https://www.airtahiti.com/general-conditions
Im in the same boat with an AT booking with TYP. Flight was supposed to be this week. My initial call with Connexions was nothing short of aggravating, Ill spare the details. But yesterday I got through and they said a refund had been approved by Air Tahiti, so now I just have to wait for AT to send it to Connexions, who in turn will send it to Citi. I was told this could take up to ten business days. I was also given a reference number specific to the refund approval (different from the Connexions Trip ID#).

A wrinkle in the fold is my TYP-earning card has since been closed and I have no other TYP earning cards open. I wonder how Citi will handle this. Connexions rep couldn’t answer that.
Old May 21, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Looks like they opened 1 standard reward night block from August to February with some availability into March. Get em while its hot. I just transferred my Hilton Moo'rea Lagoon booking over as soon as I saw it open earlier.
Old May 21, 2020, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Silversurfie
Looks like they opened 1 standard reward night block from August to February with some availability into March. Get em while its hot. I just transferred my Hilton Moo'rea Lagoon booking over as soon as I saw it open earlier.
Did you pay the deposit?
Old May 21, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Unfortunately there was a deposit required. Does mention it is refundable. Most likely I will be reaching out to upgrade so will ask them to take out of that deposit when I call em.
Old May 22, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Silversurfie
Thanks for the heads up!

I got my dates for 89K plus two certificates. Finally!

Now, I just have to hope the world is in a place where it makes sense to go (and I'm allowed to go) in the Fall.
Old May 22, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
Is everyone having the same problem in which new nights are released 1 year from now at 89k, but once you click on it, it is actually not available/cant be booked?
Then later in the day, it becomes available but only at the high rates 140k+?

Are all days available at 89k at some point, or it now varies by season? Has anyone found 89k nights during high season?
Old May 22, 2020, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just got some 89ks in October. I had to call because I had to cancel some other, higher-priced point reservations first to free up the points (I hate when I can't cancel online) and I also needed a phone rep for my weekend certs, but the 89k showed on the website and the agent was able to book it. And the 89k rate is still showing - for all of October, I think.

Not sure when high season is there.
Old May 22, 2020, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Not sure when high season is there.
May-August.

Just cancelled my Jun 30 - Juy 7 reservation. It hurts.
Old May 22, 2020, 7:32 pm

I feel your pain. We are also missing out on one week at the 89k point rate due to covid. But, we also have a week at 89k in November/ early December (Week after thanksgiving) and a booking for an additional 9 nights at the low points rate for April 2021. Hope we can do both, but if things are still “iffy” we may let the November dates go. I’ll be sure to let this community know before I potentially cancel any nights-
Old May 23, 2020, 12:46 pm

It appears they have now pulled all the July dates. It's interesting because most of the resorts are open in July and Air Tahiti is resuming flights to BB in July. So in essence, Conrad Bora Bora is extending its shutdown through August 1.

Last edited by persoid; May 23, 2020 at 2:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.