Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2020, 8:50 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by qqhqq
we may also be travelling with another family who has also booked with points. would assume that the upgrade cost would be lower if we combined the two bookings together?
I know what you mean, but I would not make this assumption. A room is normally only in the name of one Hilton account member, not two. Merging two reservations from two different people into one is not something which is normally done, so who knows how they will respond to your unique query.
Old May 2, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond / CX Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
I know what you mean, but I would not make this assumption. A room is normally only in the name of one Hilton account member, not two. Merging two reservations from two different people into one is not something which is normally done, so who knows how they will respond to your unique query.
thanks! we actually did this at the Conrad Sanya, and we were eventually upgraded into a 2-bedroom villa by combining two bookings together.

hoping they could facilitate this, which would mean more redemption room availability
Old May 3, 2020, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by qqhqq
thanks! we actually did this at the Conrad Sanya, and we were eventually upgraded into a 2-bedroom villa by combining two bookings together.

hoping they could facilitate this, which would mean more redemption room availability
Yes, if they think outside the box. I suspect if you ask 10 different properties to do this, you will get 10 different answers each with a different twist of a solution and some a flat out no. I hope they will be able to accommodate you!
Old May 3, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond / CX Gold
Yes, if they think outside the box. I suspect if you ask 10 different properties to do this, you will get 10 different answers each with a different twist of a solution and some a flat out no. I hope they will be able to accommodate you!
I just remembered that CKS did this for us as well a couple of years back. Think that properties that have many 2beds are flexible about this as they are “harder” to sell. Not sure CBB has the same “problem”.

any thoughts on upgrade pricing though? Thanks.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:14 pm

I'm seeing more availability scattered now in August for people who want to pull the trigger if they think the virus will go away by then.
Old May 3, 2020, 11:38 pm

A week ago I finally picked up the phone to call Hilton and cancelled my two week booking at Conrad and Hilton booking for June. Also cancelled my Air France and Hawaiian Airline flights. Sad sad sad. I still have to cancel Air Tahiti interisland flight which I booked through Citi using Thank You points. Today I noticed when i log into ThankYou portal it says my flight has a schedule change but there is no new schedule displayed. My guess is that it is cancelled. On Air Tahiti's website, if you try to book a flight, the first date shown up is September 1, 2020. Not sure when I will be able to go to Tahiti. I do have those hilton points to burn, and the Amex free weekend nights are now also good for weekdays.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by NightFury1
I'm seeing more availability scattered now in August for people who want to pull the trigger if they think the virus will go away by then.
Thanks! I was also able to find AA business class return to support.
Old May 4, 2020, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Thanks! I was also able to find AA business class return to support.

That's awesome. A honeymoon worthy of a trip! I also have a reservation for late July, early August. With the news that Tahiti is opening up in July, I hope my trip doesn't fall through. Fingers crossed....
Old May 4, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
The Conrad also has standard point availability July 1-6 if anyone is looking for 5th night free and thinks there's any chance you can get yourself there by then, lol...
Old May 4, 2020, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
A week ago I finally picked up the phone to call Hilton and cancelled my two week booking at Conrad and Hilton booking for June. Also cancelled my Air France and Hawaiian Airline flights. Sad sad sad. I still have to cancel Air Tahiti interisland flight which I booked through Citi using Thank You points. Today I noticed when i log into ThankYou portal it says my flight has a schedule change but there is no new schedule displayed. My guess is that it is cancelled. On Air Tahiti's website, if you try to book a flight, the first date shown up is September 1, 2020. Not sure when I will be able to go to Tahiti. I do have those hilton points to burn, and the Amex free weekend nights are now also good for weekdays.
I'm curious, how was cancelling your airline flights? Did you happen to book with points at all or was it cash/credit card? Did you just call them or email, or? I need to cancel a Hilton and Conrad BB stay, and my Air Tahiti Nui flight, just not looking forward to the latter. I paid in Chase points for nearly all of my base flight, then paid for Premium Economy upgrade in cash. Just dreading it feeling like it is going to be a huge hassle...
Old May 4, 2020, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
The Conrad also has standard point availability July 1-6 if anyone is looking for 5th night free and thinks there's any chance you can get yourself there by then, lol...
Curious, did Conrad/Hilton redo their reservations site? It looks significantly different than it did prior for me...and I really dislike it...
Old May 4, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Curious, did Conrad/Hilton redo their reservations site? It looks significantly different than it did prior for me...and I really dislike it...
yes, they did change their website, including search features. Specifically the flexible calendar search now seems totally useless/broken. I just stumbled upon those dates due to boredom.
Old May 4, 2020, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by NightFury1
With the news that Tahiti is opening up in July
Where did you see such news? I hope you are right, but I cannot find any of this.
Old May 4, 2020, 6:23 pm

Where did you see such news? I hope you are right, but I cannot find any of this.
Whoops, let me rephrase, I read the article in post #861 regarding Air France resuming flights in July. This is probably speculation, but the only news I read.
Old May 4, 2020, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
yes, they did change their website, including search features. Specifically the flexible calendar search now seems totally useless/broken. I just stumbled upon those dates due to boredom.
Is this the page you see now? And if so, this just shows the 80,000 when you happen upon a base rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.