Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 7:12 pm

Hilton Grand Vacations Club® Properties in Orlando

Anybody try this before? Sounds pretty good, but I wish they'd offer something similar for the HHV.

http://hiltonvacations.com/HHonors/a...honors_lp.html

Summer in Orlando
Welcome the summer season with a trip to the world's most popular family vacation
destination - Orlando, Florida ... from only $269 plus tax.

This 4-night/3-day Orlando offer also includes 2 tickets to a WALT DISNEY WORLD®, SeaWorld® Orlando or Universal Orlando® theme park. As a bonus, purchase this getaway by April 20, 2005 and receive 2,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points.

We are able to offer you this incredible vacation value as a way of introducing you to the benefits of vacation ownership. All we require is that while you are enjoying your Orlando vacation, you attend a 2-hour personal preview of our Hilton Grand Vacations Club on International Drive.

It Pays to Reserve Early!
Receive $50 off when you reserve your travel dates within 45 days of purchase. (For example, purchase on April 16 and call us back with your travel dates by May 31 to receive $50 off the package price).

Final Offer Deadline
To take advantage of this offer, you must purchase your vacation package by May 5, 2005
and meet and agree to the Details of Participation. You have six months from the
date of purchase to take this incredible vacation getaway.

How To Reqest Your Package
Call today - (800) 781-1378 and mention reservation code: H H O R L 3 0 5 - or request online below... and get ready for a grand vacation!
Old Apr 10, 2005, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
That is a very typical "view a timeshare" type offer. You will get probably a studio room (whatever their smallest unit is) and be required to view a timeshare sales presentation. Some people hate these; some people don't. I've done Hilton and Marriott timeshare presentations: I did not find them to be all that bad, although I admit I'd want a lot better deal than that one to do it.

And they do do them in Hawaii. Not sure about the Hilton deals specifically, but I know Marriott does them in Kauai (5 nts and a rental car for $599) and I think Starwood does them as well at Princeville for a tad more money (P-ville is worth it from what I hear). IMHO, those deals are worth it, when you figure even the Priceline rate for a less-desirable property would be above $120/nt. in most cases.

Everybody has their own price and tolerance level for these things. There are too many other dirt-cheap lodging options all over the Orlando area that I wouldn't bother with a presentation there. But in Hawaii...you bet I would! Just practice saying NO, like the Capital One guy...
Old Apr 13, 2005, 4:07 pm

How do you get an invitation for these promos, especially one in Hawaii?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by arrosen
You can always get an offer, including Hawaii, via a referral from a current owner. Usually referral offers are better than any of the others. PM me if you'd like a referral.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arrosen
Check these out...current promotion from Marriott & American, and it looks like your CA residents are eligible.

Pick your island... 5 nts. + rental car + 5,000 AA miles for $699 + tax + 2 hrs. of your time. And the accommodation is actually at the property in question.

http://www.vacationclub.com/getawayn...can/search.asp

I'm bummed that we don't have time for a Hawaii trip this year...I'd love to go back to Kauai or Maui and these offers are very good considering the properties in question.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
As an HGVC owner I usually get coupons that I can give people for an inexpensive look/see. I can't remember the cost at the moment.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
How bad is the pitch? I've considered doing one of these, but there is no way I will ever buy a timeshare. The problem I've heard is that the pitch turns into ~4 hours and you pretty much have to physically force your way out. These were comments from other timeshare "opportunities" and not from HGVC so I'm wondering what the difference is.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:34 pm

The pitch is pretty low key with Hilton and Marriott, and you can be up front about not wanting to buy early in the pitch and walk away. I've heard the same for Starwood. The hotel vacation clubs are not marketed like typical timeshares.

Originally Posted by omegadeal
How bad is the pitch? I've considered doing one of these, but there is no way I will ever buy a timeshare. The problem I've heard is that the pitch turns into ~4 hours and you pretty much have to physically force your way out. These were comments from other timeshare "opportunities" and not from HGVC so I'm wondering what the difference is.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 1:31 pm

I agree with Linsj: I have attended an off-brand timeshare presentation once and thoroughly hated it. I hated having to argue with the sales creep about everything when all I wanted to do was say NO. But with Hilton and Marriott, it's much more tasteful. It is still a sales pitch, but you can say no and walk away.

I've never been stuck in one with HH or MR for longer than the advertised amount of time. In fact, I've gotten out more quickly by making it very clear early on that I was not going to buy under any circumstances.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
I have attended an off-brand timeshare presentation once and thoroughly hated it. I hated having to argue with the sales creep about everything when all I wanted to do was say NO.
Me, too. Once was enough to cure me there. They can't possibly offer me enough to do that again. But the hotel-branded timeshare promos are good values for the money, and it's easy to walk away from the presentation.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 2:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
There's also a 4 day/3 night package available here for $249 less $50 if you are an HH member
http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/...rlando249.html

Last edited by martyYYZ; Apr 14, 2005 at 2:35 pm
Old Apr 14, 2005, 5:25 pm

As an HGVC owner, I can refer my "friends" it's only $69.00 (total) for 4 nights.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:04 pm
cl_

Hilton Prop in St. Cloud or Kissimmee FL area

I'm taking a 4 day class in Kissimmee FL near the Valencia Community College on 192 near the FL Turnpike. Looking for a decent Hilton property near there. I want to avoid being near the theme park area traffic at all costs.

The HI on Orange Blossom near the Mall of Florida is ok, but sort of worse for the wear, and probably has the worst tasting "food" that passes for breakfast in the entire Hilton family.

Is there any decent Hilton property to the east, maybe on one of the lakes? Anyone familiar with the area who can give some tips?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Orlando - Altamonte Springs Area Help Needed

Any feedback on these two hotels is appreiciated. I am HH Gold and have an upcoming stay in this area.

Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
350 North Lake Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando-North
225 East Altamonte Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
hilton

Originally Posted by aglp2k
Any feedback on these two hotels is appreiciated. I am HH Gold and have an upcoming stay in this area.

Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
350 North Lake Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando-North
225 East Altamonte Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Thanks
I stayed there on a weekend after flying all day its a business hotel in a corp park right off freeway it was a weekend it was cheap and gave me a stay and the room was nice and the exec lounge was great( i didnt have to go out to dinner) buffalo wings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.