Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Hilton San Francisco Union Square {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Hilton San Francisco Union Square {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2001, 9:42 am

I've stayed at the SF Hilton several times and have had consistently good experiences. Every time I have been upgraded and given lounge access without asking. On the last time, I received a rate of $149 the night of the booking.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

Chris
Old Oct 22, 2001, 10:04 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Stayed at the SF Hilton during the Seybold convention... I arrived late at night (delayed out of FRA), but they had already blocked a Junior Suite in Tower 3... While the view was not great, I enjoyed the room and the free certificates for the breakfast buffet @ the cafe... Towers Lounge was closed...
Old Oct 22, 2001, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found the staff on the 17th floor pretty nice and efficient. The problem is the general staff downstairs - both the check-in desk and the concierge. I have learned to avoid them whenever possible.

Steven

Old Oct 24, 2001, 2:58 pm

username -- First of all, please accept my personal apologies for your experience. This is certainly not indicative of the service we hope to provide, and we've already spoken with the hotel about it. They've expressed a strong desire to speak with you directly to address your concerns, but your FlyerTalk profile doesn't have any contact information.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could e-mail me directly with your name, HHonors account number, and the complete details of your stay. We'll then forward this information to the hotel team so that they can follow up with you.

Again, please accept my apologies.

Best regards,

Adam Burke
Vice President, Marketing - North America
Hilton HHonors Worldwide
[email protected]
Old Oct 24, 2001, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi Adam,

I will contact you offline.

Thanks,

Steven
Old Dec 9, 2001, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Hilton downtown San Francisco for Gold. Report

Last time this Gold member ckecked in to the Hilton San Francisco, I got a Tower room.

Tonight when I checked in they were ready to repeat same. So I said how about a suite for this Gold member? The clerk gave me a suite in the older part of the hotel on the 7th floor.

A hallway.
A giant size living room.
A normal bedroom.
Access to Towers for breakfast.

Later this week, I'll be at the Palace (SPG). Now that I'm Gold with SPG, I'm looking forward to see what they have to offer.

Dan
Old Dec 9, 2001, 9:08 am

Programs: Lapsed elite statuses galore
Booked a super-low rate at the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf through hotelres.com (OK, I've seen the less-than-stellar reviews of the property, but I was really curious). Asked a question similar to dhammer about an upgrade for this lowly Gold, and was given a very large one-bedroom suite.

Alas, being California, all the suites are non-smoking, so this addicted personality settled on a generously-sized room where he could indulge his socially unacceptable habit in private, instead...

No suite here at the PHX Airport Hilton, though. Actually, I'd be happy with a room where the heat was sufficient for these cold desert nights.
Old Jan 9, 2002, 12:04 am

Hilton San Francisco Trip Reports and Reviews

Nice property, decent location – 2 blocks from Union Square, 5 min. walk to the edge of China town, 1 block to cable cars. Upgraded to JR. Suite – fine – I received a love seat and a bigger room but the walk to the elevator is a long one. Two bottles of water and some small (GHirardelli) chocolate squares. Towers service is nice.
Many galleries VERY close by, restaurants too
Old Jan 9, 2002, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
I agree with your assessment. This is the only Hotel I stay in when in SFO.

Great street name too

Sean O'Farrell

[This message has been edited by skofarrell (edited 01-09-2002).]
Old Feb 26, 2002, 6:43 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
San Francisco Hilton Towers Reviews

FYI. The hotel is empty tonight and the front desk told me that the Towers Lounge has been closed for about a month.

I did get an 'OK' room, two bottles of water, and 2 certificates (appetizer in lounge and continental breakfast from sit-down restaurant).

They no longer keep Ghiradelli chocolates in the Towers rooms.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 10:06 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
I stayed there in mid January and the tower lounge was open. But the hotel was only about 25% booked, even though I was in town for a convention. The SF Hilton is in a world of hurt at the moment.

Undoubtedly this is a cost cutting move.

------------------
danville 1K
Old Feb 27, 2002, 6:31 pm

any exec lounge at SF Fisherman Wharf hilton?
Old Feb 27, 2002, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sxchan:
any exec lounge at SF Fisherman Wharf hilton?</font>
No

Old Mar 4, 2002, 12:57 am

InHoc
Thanks for the warning about the SF Lounge. I stayed there in January when the lounge was not great but open. I am scheduled to stay there this week but may consider other hotels based on this news.

Has anyone else had recent stays at this hotel? Any alternative amenities?
Thanks again!
Old Mar 4, 2002, 2:19 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I was there for a stay mid Feb and the lounge was closed. I was told at the time that this was due to renovations. I've got to say it didn't look very busy in the lobby for a hotel with something ike 1000 rooms ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.