Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Booked Deluxe King Pool View. No suite upgrade, got King Exec Pool View. Also had to gently push for a 4pm checkout only wanted to give 2pm.

Hotel looked empty, only 2 other people in the lounge over 3 days. Pool area deserted only cabin crew one day.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
Gatwick Hilton, booked double guest room and got King Hilton Suite :-)
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Wow jetboys, that was a nice upgrade for Gatwick :-)
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Colon Quito - booked standard King under corporate rate and got a large suite on the top floor
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
British Colonial Hilton Nassau, Bahamas.

Booked a 3 night stay using points for the Flagler Suite. Later tried to rebook and extend stay starting a day earlier for 4 nights using points. The same suite was available but only for cash ~$600 with fees. Booked another points stay for the day before my 3 day stay using points again for a King standard city view room. When I checked in I was automatically upgraded to the Flagler Suite for entire 4 night stay.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:32 am

Conrad Tokyo, 2 stays in the last week with different successes:

- 3 nights paid last week, booked Executive King city, upped to Bay
- 1 night award stay, booked King City, upgraded to King Suite Bay
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Wow jetboys, that was a nice upgrade for Gatwick :-)
Yeah did charm my way to get that upgrade
Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: Hilton, Starwood, BA, Virgin Atlantic
Doubletree Chester

Diamond status noted and Upgraded to a recently renovated suite from a standard reward night at the Doubletree Chester. I checked in via E-checkin and was upgraded when I went for the keys. Nice to see all sockets now have built in USB sockets
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hilton Manhattan East, booked standard room (MVP rate) Friday-Monday. Got upgraded to a King mini-suite with jacuzzi (but I did have to wait an hour to check in).
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by shonanroger
Booked on the morning of the stay through "hiltonodaiba.jp" and was just recognized as Diamond after arrival in Lounge at 6:30 pm. Three choices given:
- Take the booked lowest category with immediate check-in.
- Wait until 9:00 pm for a Superior Deluxe Twin smoking.
- Pay approx. JPY 30,000 additionally for a Terrace suite as suites are outside of the Diamond upgrade pool.
I declined offers two and three and asked about the deluxe and superior non-smoking twins which were still available at "hilton.com". The explanation given was that even if some rooms might be still open for sell at "hilton.com", those rooms are already pre-assigned by the hotel to other guests, and therefore not available (???). Was then finally upgraded to the Royal Garden Suite at 8:00 pm after expressing my lack of understanding for the explanation given. ... at the condition that there will be no late check-out.
I had a more like the same situation with you.

I arrived at around 3pm, booked the cheapest and already upgraded to executive floor room in OLCI. They didn't invite me to check in in the lounge and I asked if they can offer me a suite. They told me upgrade was already provided. And told me suite are all sold. But when I show them there were a lot of suite available online, the lady asked her supervisor and came back and said "Oh, you prefer a suite room?" then upgraded to twin suite.

Probably everyone have to bargain in this hotel
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Double Tree by Hilton Burlington Road Dublin

Booked King guest room, checked in online in that category (with my preferred in-house location granted), but at check-in I was told having been upgraded to the Presidential Suite.
Very spacious suite with large bed room, bath and even larger living room. Overlooking the main road from all windows. Unfortunately, there was a connecting door from the bed room to an adjacent room. However, we were lucky and never heard our neighbor(s). Hopefully we did not disturb them either.
All in all, a very nice hotel, nice lounge, great breakfast and excellent staff! For me it was the accommodation of choice being close to a conference at the University College Dublin, well connected by bus. Still not totally far away from the city center and even restaurants, a pub and a shop very close by.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Booked a standard room at conrad bali and was upgraded to suites section of the hotel with an oceanfront view It was sweet.. and a wonderful stay.l
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by xcalx
Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Booked Deluxe King Pool View. No suite upgrade, got King Exec Pool View. Also had to gently push for a 4pm checkout only wanted to give 2pm.

Hotel looked empty, only 2 other people in the lounge over 3 days. Pool area deserted only cabin crew one day.

T h anks for this post. Am staying for one night in October and helps to level set. We have a flight at 4am and decided to spend the day and just have the room even though it's a very short night.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 12:11 pm

BWI Hilton - Standard King, one night on points. Upgraded to Gatwick Suite, very nice. I wish I could have enjoyed it for more than 7 hours.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Doubletree Houston IAH- Intercontinental Airport

Booked cheapest room available for a one night stay, 2 double beds, on AARP rate of $76. Booked it on the app as we were driving to the hotel, about an hour before checking in on a Saturday evening.

OLCI showed dozens of rooms to choose from, any of them much better than the room I booked. Didn't select one of those however with the thought that I could get a suite upon arrival.

While checking in I was offered a king bed (as it was obvious I was there with my spouse). I then asked if a suite upgrade was available (it was not offered although my Diamond status was acknowledged and the hotel was more than half empty).

Upgrade was then gladly given- a one bedroom, conference room type suite. Included a large sitting area overlooking the courtyard and pool, wet bar, refrigerator, boardroom table with seating for six. The boardroom table was overkill for us but made for a nice place to sit and eat room service dinner after a long day of driving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.