Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Awaiting my flight now in CMB and noticed something interesting to my reservations or maybe I am reading too much into this;

I am there for 7 nights; originally confirmed the first 3 nights upgrade to SWV then 4 back to the original BV. Now my bookings show that the first 3 nights is in a DBV and last 4 nights in the SWV.

Not sure how to deal with it if the new bookings "stick" ... I mean I didnt actually agree to an extra paid night in a SWV nor did I agree for it to be switched around ... we shall find out very soon. Hopefully all my upgrades are comped *fingers crossed* hehe
For our short stay in December last year I had paid for 1 night upgrade to a Water Villa just to check it out. We had booked using free night certificates.

The day before check in the app showed 2 nights in a DBV and 2 in the WV. We only paid the 1 night upgrade fee.

This was done purposely by reservations as a Diamond Upgrade so I like your chances.

Last edited by SponsorSFC; Jul 27, 2017 at 10:28 pm
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:54 pm

It's POURING rain here so have time for an update. We indeed did have dinner at Sunset Grill at 6:30 on our arrival night. It was gorgeous and we got the perfect table. Nobody else was sat until 7 though - not sure if that was just because nobody else had a reservation until 7 or what.

Here's a picture:

We also got upgraded complimentary as HHonors Gold to a DBV yesterday. Only for one night since we're moving to SWV but still very nice! It's on the reef side and I REALLY wish we had requested reef side for our first two nights in a BV too. So nice being able to just walk out the patio with snorkeling gear and get right in.

Also - alanslegal, we'll be at happy hour at Vilu today and tomorrow but probably skipping Mandhoo. I'll have my husband wear his baseball cap if you want to say hi. It's a navy blue cap with a yellow "M" on it (or a University of Michigan hat for any Americans )
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:37 am

Awaiting my flight now in CMB and noticed something interesting to my reservations or maybe I am reading too much into this;

I am there for 7 nights; originally confirmed the first 3 nights upgrade to SWV then 4 back to the original BV. Now my bookings show that the first 3 nights is in a DBV and last 4 nights in the SWV.

Not sure how to deal with it if the new bookings "stick" ... I mean I didnt actually agree to an extra paid night in a SWV nor did I agree for it to be switched around ... we shall find out very soon. Hopefully all my upgrades are comped *fingers crossed* hehe
Had this happen to us on one occasion. Reservations team mixed it up when Moli wasn't there. You have to be on top of things all the way. If you are happy with the number of nights in each villa, and in that order, then leave it as is and at check-in do not pay for the extra night that you didn't agree to. There's no way they will try and make you pay for it so you can relax about that part. Just make sure you have emails ready to show them if they ask.
If you want to keep things in the original order, i.e; SWV at the beginning of your stay (even though most folks prefer beach then moving on to over water and that's probably why they have reversed the order (rather than it being a mistake on their part)), then call them ASAP and tell them they have mixed up the order and ask them to change it back. The sooner you call them the higher the chances are of them being able to change it back if they are at near full capacity.

Whatever you do, take screenshots of the details in your app and have them on hand also.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:03 am

Also, there's been a large ray (or two!) hanging out right at Mandhoo every day. I don't know if that's normal or not but it's pretty cool for me either way. Once we get into our new room I'll post a pic if this rainy weather is still around and we're stuck inside.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lizs
Also - alanslegal, we'll be at happy hour at Vilu today and tomorrow but probably skipping Mandhoo. I'll have my husband wear his baseball cap if you want to say hi. It's a navy blue cap with a yellow "M" on it (or a University of Michigan hat for any Americans )
heya lizs, we'll pop by Vilu after Mandhoo ... im wearing floral shorts + white tee, wife is denim shorts + black top. might see u around 520-30
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:14 pm

Hey guys, I am planning a visit in January, very excited about that

Now the problem is - my flight CX601 doesn't arrive until 9:30pm.
I know the they offer domestic flight + speedboat transfer up until 10:00pm, have anyone experienced a transfer to hotel at such late hours? Please share your experiences.

I know most of you would spend a night in Male first, but I am staying on points with 5th night free, so I don't really mind losing the first day
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by leokungkin
I don't really mind losing the first day
First time in the Maldives, right? I guarantee you will regret having said that after you've returned.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goliath
No issue at all.
Thanks

Preparing to fly out to Male this morning

Had awesome crab at Ministry of Crab here in Colombo, Sri Lanka last night so don't know how CMRI will better that
We thought about routing through CMB but decided on PVG and flying Air Asian on way back.

Originally Posted by lizs
It's POURING rain here so have time for an update. We indeed did have dinner at Sunset Grill at 6:30 on our arrival night. It was gorgeous and we got the perfect table. Nobody else was sat until 7 though - not sure if that was just because nobody else had a reservation until 7 or what.

Here's a picture:

We also got upgraded complimentary as HHonors Gold to a DBV yesterday. Only for one night since we're moving to SWV but still very nice! It's on the reef side and I REALLY wish we had requested reef side for our first two nights in a BV too. So nice being able to just walk out the patio with snorkeling gear and get right in.

Good to hear the property is UG elites as they can. Gives me hope for something even better than I paid for.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I'd stay in Male and then head to CM in the morning. You'll be glad you didn't throw away a night.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:11 pm

man.. i have enough for more than 5 nights in Hilton, but very tempting to just do regular and counting on diamond for upgrade to WV. But reading through the entire thread, there are only a small number of people that get upgraded.. such a risk.. debating..
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
I'd stay in Male and then head to CM in the morning. You'll be glad you didn't throw away a night.
Okay, you guys really got me to reconsider this...But back to the question, has any FTer ever done a late night transfer before?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:13 am

There are a couple of posts about that but they're buried deep within the thread and would need a careful search to find. However I can recall the most important point and that is you'll end up arriving after midnight and get to sleep anywhere from 1:30 to 3:00 in the morning. Not exactly the best use of a night, regardless of whether it's cash or points. I strongly suggest you to arrive a day earlier and overnight in Male.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:04 am

alanslegal, what ended up happening with your rooms and upgrades? Everything work out to your satisfaction?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
alanslegal, what ended up happening with your rooms and upgrades? Everything work out to your satisfaction?
Hey there MaldivesFreak, we just went with the flow and just let things be. Our first three nights was in the Deluxe BV - very nice hard product and beach access. Today we moved, very seamlessly to our Deluxe WV Spent a lot of time hoping for a good Superior WV (as you know not all views and privacy are the same) so it was a welcome surprise that we moved into a Deluxe WV instead ^

Last edited by alanslegal; Jul 31, 2017 at 11:41 am Reason: corrected error, thanks goliath
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Hey there Our first three nights was in the Deluxe BV - very nice hard product and beach access. Today we moved, very seamlessly to our Deluxe BV
I assume you mean "to our Deluxe WV"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.