Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by ducksaucei3
Not sure why you were told this, I just booked 7PM with my guest services agent 5 minutes ago.
Could you and lizs please clarify the situation, especially pertaining to bookings being able to be made for 6:30. TIA.

Anyway, upgraded from BV to DBV due to Diamond status and just blown away.
Congrats! ^

In terms of flies, I always get bit when I go outside in my hometown, but I've only been bit once in the past day I've been here. Ants and spiders seem to be a problem though
Flies can bite? It must be all those kids bringing in the spiders and ants in their science project bottles.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:51 am

Not sure why you were told this, I just booked 7PM with my guest services agent 5 minutes ago.

Anyway, upgraded from BV to DBV due to Diamond status and just blown away. On sunrise side, just a shame it looks like most of the coral isn't as alive as I thought it'd be. Saw some beautiful fish, not any turtles or sharks yet when snorkeling. Resort is filled with noisy kids though

In terms of flies, I always get bit when I go outside in my hometown, but I've only been bit once in the past day I've been here. Ants and spiders seem to be a problem though
I found a lot of smaller sharks swimming in pairs along the shore often. Listen to Marlin (Nemo's dad) and you'll see more stuff at the drop off.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:57 pm

Please advise if any extra charge for requesting more water bottle per day.

Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Could you and lizs please clarify the situation, especially pertaining to bookings being able to be made for 6:30. TIA.
Here is the part of the email relevant to Sunset Grill copied and pasted (except for specific date) after I had requested 7pm:

"Sunset grill is available at 6.30pm, 7.30pm and from 8pm onwards, so I have booked you at 6.30pm.

(removed date)
Sunset Grill Restaurant dinner for 02pax – at 18:30hrs
Dress code: SMART CASUAL

We are looking forward to welcome you in our own patch of little paradise and trust that you will have a stunning holiday with us at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance at any time.

Kind regards,

MOHAMED MAUROOF
Pre-bookings and Wedding Coordinator"

So I can't clarify beyond that but the email was sent to me 3 days ago. Perhaps 7pm was already booked by a few guests? I really can't do anything but speculate having not stayed there before. But 6:30 is repeated twice in the email so I do not believe it's a typo.

Last edited by lizs; Jul 19, 2017 at 3:57 pm
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Please advise if any extra charge for requesting more water bottle per day.
No, there isn't - see just a couple of posts above yours.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
The way you posted dates is very hard to read

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
If anyone is going to cancel an award stay 26.12-05.01.2018, please let me know.
I would suggest that you edit your post to reflect month day and year written out. It took me several tries to figure out the date you were looking for.

Last edited by squeakr; Jul 19, 2017 at 11:58 pm
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
No, there isn't - see just a couple of posts above yours.
I'm giving up due to the blatant lack of common courtesy and forum etiquette shown.

And a note on Sunset Grill and Ithaa; sometimes, if they know your favourite table, they will set it up and have it waiting for you.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by squeakr
I don't want to edit your post to reflect month day and year written out. It took me several tries to figure out the date you were looking for.
In Europe they use that format; with periods to separate month, date & year.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:57 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I know how dates are written in Europe

I was suggesting to the OP that they clarify the date clearly to maximize their chances of getting a response.
In Europe they use that format; with periods to separate month, date & year.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by squeakr
I would suggest that you edit your post to reflect month day and year written out. It took me several tries to figure out the date you were looking for.
ok for all the users from the US, here are the "correct" dates I am looking for:
12/26-01/05

We already have a booking but some friends would like to come with us, so if anyone cancel his booking for the above dates , please let me know.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:22 am
Company Representative, Milaidhoo Maldives

A little late, but for clarification: although you can't bring alcohol into the Maldives, if you accidentally do (and hundreds do, every day), they'll simply take it off you at customs, give you a receipt and you can pick it up on your way back home again. No hassle and certainly no 'black mark'. The customs team are well aware that most people are genuinely unaware that it's illegal.

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
When I last went through at the beginning of April en route to the St Regis there was no inspection of inbound bags whatsoever, I was gutted I didn't bring a bottle of gin with me
Update: they are back to x-raying handluggage again. It seems to have started in the past couple of weeks. The handluggage xray machine is now right after you've gone through immigration and before you get to the luggage carousel.

Originally Posted by SR12
I guess you would have to buy the water & vodka after the checkpoint at duty-free, get rid of the water and fill the vodka into the water bottle. Hoping they dont check your "water bottle" at Male airport
Old trick and one that the Maldives airport team are well aware of.

Kat
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by SR1
I guess you would have to buy the water & vodka after the checkpoint at duty-free, get rid of the water and fill the vodka into the water bottle. Hoping they dont check your "water bottle" at Male airport
Originally Posted by MilaidhooMaldives
Old trick and one that the Maldives airport team are well aware of.
So they open water bottles and check (smell?) the contents?

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jul 21, 2017 at 9:00 am
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:27 pm

Anyone had luck bringing the room upgrade rate down by offering to pay up front? I tried but they are still giving me the same rates. I know some of the people in this thread have been able to negotiate the price lower so I'm wondering if you could give me some advice.

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:40 pm

How many nights and how far out are we talking? And upgrading to what catgeory?

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jul 21, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:06 pm

How many nights and how far out are we talking? And upgrading to what catgeory?
I have reserved 6 nights in January.

I'm interested in the RWV and DWV. The rates I'm getting are:
RWV US$ 588 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night
DWV US$ 736+ 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night

I'm hoping to knock the price down a little if possible. I'm open to paying the upgrade fees upfront.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.