Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:20 pm

I would have to say lunch, as you would have natural sunlight (provided the sun was shining, for which it does most of the time of course) all through the sitting as opposed to about 30 minutes of sunlight, half an hour of twilight then the artificial lighting the rest of the time (approx another 2 hours) for dinner.
Don't get me wrong, the artificial lighting isn't sub-standard or anything, but it arguably gives you slightly less visibility over distance and, of course, isn't quite the same as natural light. I'm not 100% sure you are able to see slightly further in the daytime, though, as I didn't really pay attention to that. Perhaps someone else would be able to comment.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG VIP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Now that it costs 95k per night has it affected your travel plans to Conrad Maldives? Or is everyone hoarding millions of points and so its a non issue.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
For me, it's all about the AXON award. take the sting out of the redemption - a bit.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
Originally Posted by dt88
Now that it costs 95k per night has it affected your travel plans to Conrad Maldives? Or is everyone hoarding millions of points and so its a non issue.
Yes, the increase definitely caused me to reconsider... For now my points balance is still such that I could afford to do it. After this next trip, perhaps not.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:21 am

I'm burning a decent number of points this year. 1.5mil so far, only 500k left. 8 nights at MLE is part of the spend.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:36 am

Now that it costs 95k per night has it affected your travel plans to Conrad Maldives?
The opposite. In fact it's a great place to earn points, especially with the double points promo that has been extended to August 31. ^^^

Or is everyone hoarding millions of points and so its a non issue.
How did you know?! Actually I have set a goal that within the next few years I get to 2,280,000 points and I'm going to book 30 nights there...continuous.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Maldives freak, is march a good time to go to conrad maldives? In terms of weather, occupancy, etc etc
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:05 am

The period January through March has the lowest rainfall and March is also good as you miss out on the Chinese New Year festivities (which can be in either January and/or February and can be noisy as you might already know) although if you find out when it is by using the lunar calendar, you can easily avoid the roughly 2-week period.

I would only hazard a guess but March would perhaps have a slightly lower occupancy rate than the other two months for the reason above and that there are a lot of Russians travelling to the Maldives in January as their Christmas is in early January (and which could bump up the numbers).

Remember that the resort has very high occupancy rates year round so you are probably only talking a few percentage points.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:47 am

Is there a locker or place to keep luggage at the airport? We will be coming after travelling elsewhere with too much luggage. Hoping not to have to pay and haul it all to the resort.

Many thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:40 am

Yes, the airport has a left luggage service. The cost and other info is here and here although it looks as if storage is only available for 24hrs max. You'd best call baggage services at the airport directly and ask: +960 3323506

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 13, 2015 at 11:45 am
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
... Chinese New Year festivities (which can be in either January and/or February and can be noisy as you might already know) although if you find out when it is by using the lunar calendar, you can easily avoid the roughly 2-week period.
Hmmm... Hadn't thought about that. Chinese New Year 2016 is February 8, which is the day we check our from our 8-night stay. Guess we will plan to participate in some of those activities, and just plan to make the best of it!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by UAmainbird
Hmmm... Hadn't thought about that. Chinese New Year 2016 is February 8, which is the day we check our from our 8-night stay. Guess we will plan to participate in some of those activities, and just plan to make the best of it!
Nothing to be a afraid of at all. I have always been this time of year and have been "lucky" enough to catch some of the Chinese New Year celebrations twice. There will be additional dining options and special menu options at some of the restaurants. Yes there will be large familiy groups traveling together but in my opinion these celebrations added to and did not detract from my Maldives vacation.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by texmanufan
Nothing to be a afraid of at all. I have always been this time of year and have been "lucky" enough to catch some of the Chinese New Year celebrations twice. There will be additional dining options and special menu options at some of the restaurants. Yes there will be large familiy groups traveling together but in my opinion these celebrations added to and did not detract from my Maldives vacation.
Excellent! My primary concern had been that it would be less relaxing if there were extra festivities, but I've read that things are already so spaced apart throughout the two islands that we should be able to find solitude if we want it at any give time. Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by UAmainbird
I've read that things are already so spaced apart throughout the two islands that we should be able to find solitude if we want it at any give time.
Not always possible for one or possibly two days every year. Check out this part of the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post24144870

CNY festivities there are probably not as noisy as Jan 1st (mentioned above) where they play music until 3AM (and which can be heard almost everywhere at the resort) but you should be prepared for a fireworks show at bare minimum. If they hold that at a reasonable hour it should be quite a spectacle, though. Best to ask the resort whether they plan on holding a 'concert' type event as they do every NYE so you can prepare based on where your villa is. For the most part, if you want to go to sleep early on those nights you're going to be out of luck, even with earplugs.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
...CNY festivities there are probably not as noisy as Jan 1st (mentioned above) where they play music until 3AM (and which can be heard almost everywhere at the resort) but you should be prepared for a fireworks show at bare minimum. If they hold that at a reasonable hour it should be quite a spectacle, though. Best to ask the resort whether they plan on holding a 'concert' type event as they do every NYE so you can prepare based on where your villa is. For the most part, if you want to go to sleep early on those nights you're going to be out of luck, even with earplugs.
No fireworks for CNY. Live broadcast at the beach celebration. Given the time difference an early evening and again nothing at all to worry about. Unless they change from the usual format in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.