Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:34 am

Location: Near the pole, at the beach, top of mountains, underwater, golfing
Programs: AC E, FPC plat, TK E, VA G, HIlton diam, spg plat, CX gold, US air Plat, Hyatt Dia, A club Plat
we have always admired the management of conrad Maldives compared to other resorts around the world, as they seemed to understand and tried to provide guests with the best experience possible. The goal is to make guests happy, comfortable and in the end, the guests always tend to spend more money at the resort. win win situation.

even at 3 star michelin or top rated restaurants in the world, despite being warned in advance at the time of booking, and again by email and again at the time of confirmation few days prior, if a guest show up without proper attire, the restaurant would have a spare blazer shirt and ties, as they understand that sometimes luggage get lost, and guest have booked the restaurant months in advance.

however the fashion police enforcement here, especially without clear rules or advance notices, seem to only destroy any chance of building goodwill from the guests. We actually feel sorry for the staff that have to be the fashion police as they have to spend time and energy to monitor what guests wear, and they have to politely tell the guests that what the guests are wearing is not appropriate.

usually when we see a company care more about the appearance than concentrate on getting the best products and service for the customers, then it is usually the beginning of the end.

Last edited by globaltravelers; Dec 3, 2016 at 1:48 am
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by globaltravelers
today a guest came in for breakfast with v neck t shirt covered shoulders.

the v neck is really low and show only middle of the chest.

he was told by the fashion police to cover the chest area.

while it is ridiculous, it is fun to watch how the fashion police enforce the "rules"
Sorry but I really don't believe this.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:36 am

today a guest came in for breakfast with v neck t shirt covered shoulders.

the v neck is really low and show only middle of the chest.

he was told by the fashion police to cover the chest area.

while it is ridiculous, it is fun to watch how the fashion police enforce the "rules"
Which one?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: AC E, FPC plat, TK E, VA G, HIlton diam, spg plat, CX gold, US air Plat, Hyatt Dia, A club Plat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
of course it's your right if you have not witness it personally. even for us it is hard to believe that it happened in front of our eyes, it is sad.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Which one?
few cms lower than the second one. does not show belly.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
How does this property (or even others like the W Maldives) rate/compare to their equivalent properties in Bora Bora FP? We just got back from Bora Bora and thought it was fabulous, so I am wondering whether if it is worth going back* to the Maldives for a real island vacation?

* we stayed at the Sheraton Full Moon last time
If things stay the same at conrad and at Sheraton, then you would be happier at conrad.

bora bora function in french island time.... we actually missed maldives when we stayed at st regis bora bora and at four seasons bora bora.

except of course the new policies here.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:02 am

and IF you go to bora bora, and if you enjoy scuba, then don't dive there. especially at top dive bora bora. it is dangerous and the worse we have seen ever. don't believe the "crafted" reviews on trip advisor.

serious divers know that bora bora is not worth it. go to ranginora island instead
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:15 am

fyi, the food here is WAY much more better than at four seasons bora bora, and is at least 2 to 3 times better than sheraton maldives. but sometimes it is better to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than reading through forums and have an unreasonable expectations.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:23 am

and IF you go to bora bora, and if you enjoy scuba, then don't dive there. especially at top dive bora bora. it is dangerous and the worse we have seen ever. don't believe the "crafted" reviews on trip advisor.

serious divers know that bora bora is not worth it. go to ranginora island instead

What's so dangerous about Top Dive? I did diving with a smaller company in BB a few years ago and didn't feel unsafe at all. I'm not a strong swimmer either. Water seemed very calm when I was there.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
What's so dangerous about Top Dive? I did diving with a smaller company in BB a few years ago and didn't feel unsafe at all. I'm not a strong swimmer either. Water seemed very calm when I was there.
top dive bora bora
boat was in 4 m waves and got thrown up the air and almost flipped on way down.
divemaster lost us in water, then went up the boat for 10 minutes while we were still underwater.
propellers were turning at speed inches away while guests climb on board from the back.
sexual harassment underwater from divemaster.
jennifer asniston actress (friends) husband amost died.

the smaller company is much better then top dive bora bora.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
IMO, there is no comparison between Bora Bora (Hilton) and Rangali. Rangali is far superior. The food is better, the islands are larger. I never felt trapped the way I did on Bora Bora.

As for diving. The diving is OK on Bora Bora. I hate fast currents so I didn't dive Ranginora. I also don't really care about sharks and big stuff. (Had read the reviews of Top Dive and went with a small operation that was great; can't remember the name.)

Fourth time for the Rangali in Feb. Can't wait!

As for the whale shark snorkel. I did it my first visit four years ago. They basically drop you off near the whale shark and then as you fall behind they pick you up and drop you off again.

I'm a bit worried about fashion police at breakfast. I wear my bathing suit (which generally has shorts--I'm female) with a T or rash guard because I'm going on the morning dive. Of course, the only people at breakfast when I go at 7:30 are divers so I hope it won't be a problem.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:13 pm

sad to say that reefs here changed a lot since 1 year ago. top parts of the reefs have lots of bleaching and some parts are dead.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:15 pm

females get away with anything with fashion police. they would not dare to create controversies.

dives now start at 9am. instead of 8:30am before. more time to eat.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:25 am

Programs: VA
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Me neither - I'm staying at the resort currently and have heard no such thing. I wear shorts and short sleeved shirt every day either at Vilu or Atoll Market and have never had anyone question me.

Dress code everywhere is casual beach attire, except maybe Ithaa in the evening.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
I am looking forward to return to Rangali in a few weeks for the third time.

This will be our first time over Christmas.

Has anyone ever done the Christmas brunch? They offer a brunch on Xmas day for 3 hours with free flow champagne. Would appreciate any feedback.
We are deciding if we can handle this at noon AND Lobster & Champagne dinner that evening. And yes we are drinkers and love Champagne.
We are also getting the free breakfast.

Tough Decisions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.