Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
duplicate deleted
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:14 am

Drone-friendly resorts.....

Originally Posted by tangey
The teas was free for diamonds and returning guests (although I didn't get charged and I was a first time gold).
Actually it was free for returning guests only and your HHonors status didn't matter. They made a lot of exceptions when they changed it over as a lot of guests thought it was still free.

Originally Posted by tangey
Now that it appears to be a single combined event, I wonder what the criteria is now for it to be complimentary ?

I felt that having the two events in two different places was nice. In particular, the tea at the Mandoo was a reason to go and check out that area. We ended up booking a spa treatment there that we might not have otherwise booked. As it is slightly out of the way, and now no teas offering, there is little reason to be over there unless you are staying there.
You make some good points. Not many venture out past the tip of Rangalifinolhu and it was a good way to introduce both Mandhoo and the Spa Retreat.

Also, I think that 4-5PM is a much better time to have afternoon tea. I wouldn't want to spoil my appetite if I was going to have an early dinner (and also an early dinner to catch the sunset). I don't know about others but we tend to leave ourselves pretty hungry and that way we savour the dinner even more. Perhaps if one was to have dinner at say 9PM or thereabouts I think a 5-6:30PM afternoon tea would be suitable. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by globaltravelers
There is no official Maldives restrictions. But you may get stop and asked questions when scanned.
With all the heightened security there thesedays I'd be pretty careful and let them know straight away that you were carrying it and what the purpose was.

It is not a drone friendly resort.
ROFLMAO! Can you recommend any drone-friendly resorts by the way?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Maldives Freak:
The Conrad lounge is free for arrivals and you receive a 10min massage if there is time. Also, if you are there before 9AM you can't get a massage as the masseuse only works between 9:00 and 5:00.
Are we saying the same thing with different words? I used the word departures as in departing from Male to the Conrad. Are you using arrival as in arriving at the Conrad? Or has the policy changed and you can use the lounge for free when departing from the Conrad to connect with an outgoing flight?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak

Also, I think that 4-5PM is a much better time to have afternoon tea. I wouldn't want to spoil my appetite if I was going to have an early dinner (and also an early dinner to catch the sunset). I don't know about others but we tend to leave ourselves pretty hungry and that way we savour the dinner even more. Perhaps if one was to have dinner at say 9PM or thereabouts I think a 5-6:30PM afternoon tea would be suitable. What do you guys think?
4-5 as the tea/cocktail hour does not work for us. We dive and never get back before 5. As it was we had a difficult time getting to Vilu for cocktails before last call. We generally made it about 15 minutes before the end.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by manneca
Maldives Freak:

Are we saying the same thing with different words? I used the word departures as in departing from Male to the Conrad.
In that case, yes. We are on the same page. Sorry, you used departure twice in the same paragraph and said one was free and the other was charged so I thought it looked like a typo.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
The golf ball used are a special one that disolve away in ocean. They do feel a little different hitting it. Still far still nice. Cost was $20 for 12???
Well then forget it! I'm not a golfer to begin with, so it only interested me in that it was a unique experience. But after shelling out a few grand to upgrade, I would've thought they'd throw that in. Couldn't you do that off any Ocean Villa, anyway?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:00 am

You could but you'd just have to watch the swing a bit.....

Actually I think they should allow skeet shooting off the deck. Much more fun! ;-)
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:12 am

This message is directed at lsed.

I can't PM you as your inbox is full. Please delete one or two messages. Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
I saw someone with a drone in his hands there last month. I don't know where he was using it though.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just booked two weekend nights in August using my weekend certificates. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to the wiki - I found it really helpful. I'm looking forward to my stay!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:27 am

Only 2 nights?!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Only 2 nights?!
Starting a new job in Singapore in July - it'd look pretty bad if I showed up for work, and then told everyone, "Hey, I'm taking off to the Maldives for a week. See you suckers!"
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:27 am

Location: Near the pole, at the beach, top of mountains, underwater, golfing
Programs: AC E, FPC plat, TK E, VA G, HIlton diam, spg plat, CX gold, US air Plat, Hyatt Dia, A club Plat
Originally Posted by joecool1885
The golf ball used are a special one that disolve away in ocean. They do feel a little different hitting it. Still far still nice. Cost was $20 for 12???
Well then forget it! I'm not a golfer to begin with, so it only interested me in that it was a unique experience. But after shelling out a few grand to upgrade, I would've thought they'd throw that in. Couldn't you do that off any Ocean Villa, anyway?
After paying a few grands for sunset, another $20 for golf balls are nothing compared to.

Even beginners golfers or people that have never hit before found it fun. Of course take pictures.

Sunset is the only one that has golf clubs, mats, and far enough from next door neighbor that if you mishit it will not hurt someone.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by solewalker
Starting a new job in Singapore in July - it'd look pretty bad if I showed up for work, and then told everyone, "Hey, I'm taking off to the Maldives for a week. See you suckers!"
I envy you but at the same time feel sorry for you having to leave paradise so quickly. Time will pass quicker than you can say "Excuse me boss, may I take some sick leave.....in advance?!"

You're lucky you can take SQ452 in and 451 out and maximize your time at the resort!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:34 am

Location: Near the pole, at the beach, top of mountains, underwater, golfing
Programs: AC E, FPC plat, TK E, VA G, HIlton diam, spg plat, CX gold, US air Plat, Hyatt Dia, A club Plat
It is not a drone friendly resort.
ROFLMAO! Can you recommend any drone-friendly resorts by the way? [/QUOTE]

Lots. At Mexico, mayan riviera resorts, sipadan, indonesia, raja ampat etc

There are some islands in maldives where the guests are more accommodating and open to drones.

It all depends on the type of guests at conrad that week. 😆

Last time conrad did a professional company drone capture, guests complained and they had to change the flying script.

Usually it is quite windy here anyway for the drones. Plus you have the seaplane landing anytime ...

But if you have a dji inspire or one with lightbridge 5ghz it will be cool to fly all the way to the edge of the outer reef, meeting the dive boats there, then fly back over the lagoon (stopping at the seaplane area of course)

This place is amazing for aerial video, but the complaints can be a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.