Wiki Posts
Search

booking 2 rooms

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
booking 2 rooms

Im not sure why i dont know this, but if i book a room for my boss and for me, do i get credit for both nights stay or just credit for the points-and if I am enrolled in double points do I get double points on both??
Thank you so kindly??
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Delta-Diamond
You get the points but not the stay credit. This only works if they combine them on the same folio or if you call hhonors line after the fact and have them add the points to your account. You will also get double-points for each one and any diamond or other bonuses.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
From the t and c's:
5.A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the HHonors Points and HHonors Points Earning Style Option and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including HHonors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member will receive stay and night credit for one room only. For purposes of earning miles for stays, miles may only be earned on one room only.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guller
You get the points but not the stay credit. This only works if they combine them on the same folio or if you call hhonors line after the fact and have them add the points to your account. You will also get double-points for each one and any diamond or other bonuses.
ok..so 2 weeks ago when I did this, I got 2 separate folios-- but both were in my name----so that means I got no points for the other room? darn...
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by nlkm9
ok..so 2 weeks ago when I did this, I got 2 separate folios-- but both were in my name----so that means I got no points for the other room? darn...
Probably not, but check your account. Plus the single folio thing usually doesn't work as most desk clerks don't know how to do. As long as you paid for the other room just call in and you should eventually get the points for that room also.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nlkm9
I was in this exact same situation.

I called the Diamond line and explained the situation, including giving folio/confirmation numbers.

The phone agent updated my account while I was on the phone and told me to refresh my HHonors page. The correct points (and bonuses) appeared instantly.

Couldn't have been easier.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:04 am
Original Poster

thanks!! will do this!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.