Wiki Posts
Search

Booking 2 rooms on 1 account

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Booking 2 rooms on 1 account

I recently booked a room for my partner and myself for a leisure weekend. Some friends would like to join us so I tried to add another room to the original booking but this does not seem possible so I just booked another room from my account.
Is there a way to change the name (now booked on my name) on the 2nd room apart from contacting the hotel? I added one of the names of our friends as the second person but this is strictly not correct. I want to avoid the hotel cancelling the 2nd room (they might think it is a double booking?) but at the same time I would like to increase the change for my friends getting lounge access (even though I know the hotel doesn't have to give it to them) so I would like to keep the 2nd booking connected to my account (for the points as well). How do you normally do this...? Thanks in advance
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You're allowed to book additional rooms under your name. I did so recently and booked 4 rooms under my name !

You can all check in at the same time. It shouldn't be a problem and depending on the hotel, you might be able to get your benefits for all rooms. The hotel I stayed in in England gave free breakfast for all the rooms booked under my name. To get credit on the additional rooms though, is to ask that everyone's bill gets transferred to the room that you're staying in upon check out. You'll only get credit for the night you stay in your room, but you'll at least get a bigger room charge!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:23 am
cjd

As Guy Betsy states, there's no problem in having both rooms in your name. I often do this. According to Hhonors rules, you are entitled to points for two rooms as long as you get one folio for both rooms upon checkout. Just make sure the second room is transferred to your room's invoice upon checkout. This sometimes seems to cause the front desk agents a few problems, but they should all be able to do it. You're only entitled to Diamond benefits for yourself and one other person in your room. However, up till now, I've always been granted the benefits for both rooms.

As you state, the hotel may consider you have double booked by mistake. I have occasionally had the hotels e-mail me to confirm that I actually do want to reserve two rooms. Suspect that this is when they're fully booked. You could always ring them to confirm the two reservations and if you want request rooms on the same floor.

Last edited by cjd; Aug 29, 2016 at 1:36 am
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Receptionist at Bristol hotel told me it's better to have separate invoices for points. Of course second room didn't get me points and I had to ask for it. But they were credited in 2h which was quite impressive. Also one invoice is better if you're getting cashback on Nationwide credit card, as it' pays only above £100 and one of my room was below that amount.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Combining folios has resulted in either one room posting correctly, or one room as zero points (the one that the hotel combined out of leaving an 'empty shell' as it were).

Keep your bills (folios)! Odds are you'll need to submit both showing your name and number on each. One quirk I have hit was that Hilton CSRs have refused the 50% Diamond bonus on both citing, 'You're only entitled to that for the room you, the Diamond member, occipied.'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.