Updates to Hilton Honors T&Cs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:48 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Updates to Hilton Honors T&Cs

Hi all,

We have some upcoming changes to the Hilton HHonors program Terms and Conditions, so I wanted to share them with you before the updates go into effect on August 19, 2016.
• Addition of our new brand, Canopy by Hilton, to the Hilton Worldwide portfolio
• Changing what we currently refer to as a “health club” to “Fitness Center” to avoid potential confusion about on-property amenities
• Changing “Hampton” to “Hampton by Hilton”
• Gaming Chip Rewards (specific to properties in Las Vegas and Puerto Rico) and Hilton Hawaiian Dollars will no longer be issued as of September 19, 2016; any Gaming Chip Rewards or Hilton Hawaiian Dollars in circulation will be honored one year from the date issued
• Hampton by Hilton water benefit for Diamond members updated in T&Cs (correction to match Diamond benefits found on Member Benefits site)
• Properties added to and removed from Weekend Night Certificate Exclusions
• Changing “Team Member Travel Rates” and “Hilton Family Rates” to “Go Hilton Team Member Rates” and “Family & Friends Travel Rates” – due to a name change in our employee benefit programs
• Homewood MyWay Snack updated
• With the rapid launch of Hampton by Hilton in China, at this time we’re not able to offer Hilton HHonors Points/benefits at these properties - but we’re excited to be working with our partner on potential solutions
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
What are the changes to the Homewood MyWay Snacks?

Neil
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
• With the rapid launch of Hampton by Hilton in China, at this time we’re not able to offer Hilton HHonors Points/benefits at these properties - but we’re excited to be working with our partner on potential solutions

What is the connection or correlation between the speed at which certain properties are developed/"launch[ed]" and the crediting of points and benefits?

Is Hilton building hotels faster than Coke can churn out bottled water and coke? Are new hotels being opened quicker than someone can conjure up some token point credits and record the guest's stay in some spreadsheet?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missamo80
What are the changes to the Homewood MyWay Snacks?

Neil
The Homewood MyWay snack is going from a cookie to chocolate with flavors that will vary by region.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Hi Lauren,

Can we have a link to: Properties added to and removed from Weekend Night Certificate Exclusions

Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Hampton in China has its own rewards program, I think it is affiliated with the rewards program of the hotel group who is the licensee there. http://www.hamptonhotels.com.cn/hamp...happyShare.jsp

Also seems like these hotels do not come up when you search on Hilton.com ? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I am really not sure why Hilton gave a license agreement to someone for Hampton in China that does not participate in HHonors. All of the other Hilton Brands in China participate in HHonors and isn't that the point of a global loyalty program?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Hampton in China has its own rewards program, I think it is affiliated with the rewards program of the hotel group who is the licensee there. http://www.hamptonhotels.com.cn/hamp...happyShare.jsp

Also seems like these hotels do not come up when you search on Hilton.com ? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I am really not sure why Hilton gave a license agreement to someone for Hampton in China that does not participate in HHonors. All of the other Hilton Brands in China participate in HHonors and isn't that the point of a global loyalty program?
In an ideal world, but sometimes things don't pan out that way commercially
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Maybe they are counterfeit Hamptons .
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Hi Lauren,

Can we have a link to: Properties added to and removed from Weekend Night Certificate Exclusions

Thanks!
Hi all,

Looks like this hasn't updated, but I'm trying to get the list for you all. I'll post as soon as I have more info.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.

I'm not a Hampton fan so this just gives me one more reason not to even consider booking a Hampton in China....
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Hi all - as promised, please find the weekend night certificate exclusions below:

WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE EXCLUSIONS
WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE IS VALID FOR ONE (1) WEEKEND NIGHT STANDARD ACCOMMODATION, DOUBLE OCCUPANCY, SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY, AT PROPERTIES IN THE HILTON PORTFOLIO EXCLUDING:

All Inclusive Properties:
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Central Pacific -Costa Rica
Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort
Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort
Jewel Dunn’s River Resort & Spa Ocho Rios, Curio Collection by Hilton
Jewel Paradise Cove Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Distinctive Properties:
Conrad Koh Samui Residences
Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk
Kingston Plantation Condos
Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences
Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations
Royale Palms Condominiums
Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations
The Hilton Club - New York
Hilton Grand Vacation at Craigendarroch Suites
Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza
Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center) Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at SeaWorld
Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at the Flamingo
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Boulevard
Las Palmeras by Hilton Grand Vacations
Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations
Kings Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations
Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Park City Hilton Grand Vacations
Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations
The District by Hilton Club
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
West 57th Street by Hilton Club
Ho'olei at Grand Wailea
Las Casitas, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Waldorf Astoria Jeddah - Qasr Al Sharq

All Hampton by Hilton™ hotels in the People’s Republic of China

Thanks,
Lauren
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
The health to fitness center change is not insignificant at least on paper... "Complimentary access during qualifying stays to Fitness Center, and where Fitness Center is owned or operated by the hotel.* Fitness Center encompasses stretching, cardio and strength zones, and is distinct from other fee- or membership-based Health amenities such as Spa, Sauna, Treatments, and Sports."
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
The health to fitness center change is not insignificant at least on paper... "Complimentary access during qualifying stays to Fitness Center, and where Fitness Center is owned or operated by the hotel.* Fitness Center encompasses stretching, cardio and strength zones, and is distinct from other fee- or membership-based Health amenities such as Spa, Sauna, Treatments, and Sports."
I certainly hope that it is not the case that there'll be no more complimentary access to the spa areas : swimmingpool, jacuzzi, and saunas.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: CX Gold

Yes, I can confirm that when I search for Hilton hotels in Chengdu, the Hampton inn does not show up. You have to go to the website you quoted to book it.

I am also very curious why they do not participate in HHonors, so I have dug through the T&C of the new Hampton-China program. It seems similar to HHonors, as they also have blue, silver, gold, diamond levels, but the qualification requirements are much lower. For example, HHonors Gold needs 40 nights or 75000 base points, which is USD 7500. In contrast, in the Hampton-China program, Gold level needs only 20 nights, or 9000 points, at most CNY 9000**. So I think the new program is really tailored towards the Chinese travelers and gives them an easier way to attain elite status.

** At most CNY 9000 because the Chinese program counts total points, not the base points. Moreover, as a blue, silver, gold, diamond member, one can earn 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x the CNY amount you paid.

Just for completeness, the qualification requirements for each level are:

Silver: 6 nights or 3000 points;
Gold: 20 nights or 9000 points;
Diamond: 50 nights or 22000 points.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Exclusion list

While the Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk is a nice hotel, it isn't by any stretch "distinctive."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.