Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by NoY

How did you get from airport?
I was alone, so took the airport express to Kowloon station and then a cab to the hotel (50HKD with a bit of traffic). Showed the driver the hotel address in Chinese characters and he had no trouble finding it.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:29 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by rhu171

I was alone, so took the airport express to Kowloon station and then a cab to the hotel (50HKD with a bit of traffic). Showed the driver the hotel address in Chinese characters and he had no trouble finding it.
Many thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:30 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by l380
Taxi would be the easiest way.

Uber's pick up location might be a bit difficult to navigate to unless you are familiar with HKG.

Taxi should be a bit cheaper than uber.
Many thanks ^
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
BTW - the Hotel offered a limo pickup (E Class) for $900 (more than the room cost!) so will not avail that.
Do you mean HKG $900 or US $900? HKG $900 is not that great but not unreasonable either.

Are the rooms at this hotel really that small?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:03 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by sapguy
Do you mean HKG $900 or US $900? HKG $900 is not that great but not unreasonable either.

Are the rooms at this hotel really that small?
LOL. HKG $. Am here now in an upgraded "Deluxe" room (allegedly bigger than regular rooms) & yes, its really quite compact but well designed & for a quick overnighter is perfectly fine. There is a fair amount of traffic noise as the room is directly above the highway, although otherwise no disturbances - room X20.

Got a diamond welcome gift. I have no idea what it is. A grey microfibre cloth the size of a small towel (perhaps it is a towel?) Very strange.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
LOL. HKG $. Am here now in an upgraded "Deluxe" room (allegedly bigger than regular rooms) & yes, its really quite compact but well designed & for a quick overnighter is perfectly fine. There is a fair amount of traffic noise as the room is directly above the highway, although otherwise no disturbances - room X20.

Got a diamond welcome gift. I have no idea what it is. A grey microfibre cloth the size of a small towel (perhaps it is a towel?) Very strange.
Thanks for your clarification and for your description of the bizarre Diamond welcome gift
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:56 pm
NoY

Wow. Just had "breakfast". Worst Hilton breakfast ever, IME. Chef simply couldn't cook a fried egg properly. Bread for toast texture of cardboard. Juice is vile sugary concentrate. As for the coffee - yikes - that's not coffee! Not recommended. Now, where's Starbucks...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite / Hilton Gold
Is anyone able to see reward redemptions for a standard room? I have found no redemptions available at all between May 2019 and September 2019.

There are premium room redemptions at 50k-60k/night which I don't believe is worth it.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jaffaq
Is anyone able to see reward redemptions for a standard room? I have found no redemptions available at all between May 2019 and September 2019.

There are premium room redemptions at 50k-60k/night which I don't believe is worth it.
I've also noticed this. However, it seems there are no standard rooms from 5th Feb till end of booking.... are they hotel playing tricks here?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:17 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I checked out today of a 5 nights stay. I will not comment on how to get there from HKG, cws did this well. Just to point that from Mongkok station, taking the Place Langhan exit instead of E1 leads to more steps but less stairs as there are escalators everywhere but for one flight of stairs.

I was welcomed as a Gold by the charming agent, no upgrade as they were fairly full (i did check and they were selling only single low floor rooms), given a free drink voucher as well as free breakfast confirmed.
The room was good, standard size for HK but I did not felt squeezed in any way, good use of space.
Service was a bit weird: some very good staff and some really poor. The cleaner affected to my floor was very generous with giving me extra water bottle and was always checking with me if she could clean when she saw me in the corrridor. On the other hand I had a lady come in at 22:30 for a turn down service.
Same with breakfast staff; very variable. The buffet get boring fairly fast, but is OK enough.

The location was great for me as I wanted to concentrate on North Kowloon and the New Territories on that trip, and Mongkok offers lots of entertainment in the evening and place to eat.
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by NoY
Wow. Just had "breakfast". Worst Hilton breakfast ever, IME. Chef simply couldn't cook a fried egg properly. Bread for toast texture of cardboard. Juice is vile sugary concentrate. As for the coffee - yikes - that's not coffee! Not recommended. Now, where's Starbucks...
Some of what you said are true like sugary concentrate orange juice, Mr Juice variety with only 3% orange juice, but the rest are not, you do know this is a HGI not hilton right ? Have you ever stayed in any HGI in the US ? Compare to the HGI in the US, i can hardly say it is the worst HGI breakfast, certainly a lot more variety than HGI breakfast in the US, even better than the breakfast at Hilton SF financial district. I had 5 stays so far and not once did they not know how to cook a fried egg

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 16, 2019 at 11:15 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sapguy
Thanks for your clarification and for your description of the bizarre Diamond welcome gift
It is a towel, i got that as gold too
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you got upgrade to a deluxe room, i was told the 4 cans of drinks in the fridge are free.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:45 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Some of what you said are true like sugary concentrate orange juice, Mr Juice variety with only 3% orange juice, but the rest are not, you do know this is a HGI not hilton right ? Have you ever stayed in any HGI in the US ? Compare to the HGI in the US, i can hardly say it is the worst HGI breakfast, certainly a lot more variety than HGI breakfast in the US, even better than the breakfast at Hilton SF financial district. I had 5 stays so far and not once did they not know how to cook a fried egg
My opinions are mine. Yours are yours. I therefore am not "wrong". Furthermore this is not a hotel in the U.S. so that comparison falls on deaf ears. I AM saying that it is the worst Hilton family hotel breakfast experience that I have had. Period. The egg "cook" was pathetic. Period. Now, moving on..
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:03 am

Other than Conrad bears/duckies, the only welcome take-home gift I've ever received at any Hilton was a really cheap tote bag.
This towel gift is amazing. I've never seen anything like it. Are they giving these away for a limited time only?
Beano likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.