Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cln
I can only recommend this hotel. Rates were trough the roof during my weekend in HK but standard points redemption provided a good value. I am only Hilton Gold but i could check-in at 9:30 am and had a late-checkout at 3pm. That alone is just reason to comeback. The bed is fantastic, i used the pool twice. Breakfast is ok... Location is also ok, lot's of food options within walking distance as well as MongKok MTR station.

Statt is very friendly, one of my best stays in Hong Kong... ( Stay at the Sheraton was horrible compared to that )
The pool is open?!? I thought that would never happen!

How was it? The views must be spectacular from up there.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
3. Save your HK$100 on their laundry machines. Across the street and 2 1/2 blocks down from the hotel, on Soy St is a mom-and-pop laundry. I had 14 pounds of clothes (about 9 days worth of underwear, t-shirts and socks, plus 3 polos, 2 dress pants and a heavy hoodie). HK$75, washed, dried, folded and back to me in 4 hours.
Thanks for this idea, I used the machines last week, it went fine and I could do it late at night, but $75 and done same day is great!
Originally Posted by Need
The food court at Langham Place is pretty good, but I think the food court at Olympian City (other direction) is cheaper and less crowded. I was going to book a room for my mom here this week, but I looked at the price and it was just a little lower than the Cordis, so I got her the Cordis instead.
I think I'll try the Cordis next time, it looks nice.
Originally Posted by as219
The pool is open?!? I thought that would never happen! How was it? The views must be spectacular from up there.
It was raining like crazy when I was there, so I couldn't see anything at night, oh well. The oceanview cracks me up.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Pool closed in Winter?

Hi,

I am thinking about a stay here during the last week of November but now there is a banner advising that the pool will be closed during the winter season.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Platinum, AA, USAir, ANA,
Photos

Here are some photos of the hotel on our stay in April, if interested. Breakfast was good, especially the freshly made scrambled eggs at the egg station!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I had a 1-night stay here last week, coming off of the long-haul from North America, connecting onto a flight to CMB.

Some general thoughts/musings:
* Flight arrived at HKG around 7:30pm. Took the auto people mover to the Hong Kong metro. I think I arrived at the Mong Kok station around 9:30. The hotel had emailed a map a few days before, which worked out wonderfully. Only problem was it was pouring rain, so I was thoroughly drenched by the time I got to the property.
* Was assigned a room on the top floor of rooms (there is still the roof level with pool and gym).
* The room was fine, but quite small. Think London small..
* At check-in was offered a 3pm check-out if I needed it (I didn't ask), and I accepted.
* There was quite a bit of noise from the room, either from nearby rooms or even from the street/freeway beneath. But I was so tired that I really didn't have any problem sleeping. The bed was pretty comfortable;. I generally avoid HGI since I don't like the beds, but this was good.
* The gym was decent. I think there were 3 treadmills and some other things. The view while on the treadmill was pretty nice (harbor)
* Breakfast was mostly ok. They assigned me a table. I placed an order for eggs, got 2 glasses of water, put those with a napkin that had vitamins/medicine in on my table, then went up to retrieve the eggs. In the 2 minute interval, my water and medicine was gone. I asked a server who shrugged. I asked the gal who seated me. They had some sort of conversation, a guy came over and said, "sorry," and they put a bottle of Evian on the table. I asked about my medicine and he just shrugged, said, "sorry," and walked away.
* My suitcase broke along the trip there (no fault of the hotel). Someone at the front desk found a place that does luggage repair. I took it over, but they needed too much time. While back in my room, sitting at the desk on my computer planning out my day, the door was suddenly thrust open (I had the DND tag on it). No knocking. The maid saw me there, said, "sorry," and left.
* Around 10am, I decided to make my exit. Packed up my stuff. Left bags at the front desk and went over to Victoria Peak and other things.
* When I returned to pick up my bags, the hotel manager was there. He said that the restaurant manager had spoken to him and he offered pay for my taxi to the airport train (I didn't want to do the subway since the handle on my bag was broken). I felt that was a decent recovery. He also gave me his card and told me to contact him before my next visit.

Overall, probably on-par for a city HGI. I'd have stayed at the Conrad, but the price was about 3x. I kind of like the neighborhood around the HGI, gives a whole different experience (more down to earth) than the Conrad.
As for location, aside from the rain, it was pretty easy to/from the subway. On my way back from the Peak, I took the Star Ferry across the bay and was able to easily hop on the subway to get back. It was probably possible to walk, but I wasn't sure. I was way early for my connecting flight to CMB, so I got to enjoy the Pier for a while ^

Seems to be a good, affordable alternative to the Conrad.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aztimm
I had a 1-night stay here last week, coming off of the long-haul from North America, connecting onto a flight to CMB.

Some general thoughts/musings:
* Flight arrived at HKG around 7:30pm. Took the auto people mover to the Hong Kong metro. I think I arrived at the Mong Kok station around 9:30. The hotel had emailed a map a few days before, which worked out wonderfully. Only problem was it was pouring rain, so I was thoroughly drenched by the time I got to the property.
* Was assigned a room on the top floor of rooms (there is still the roof level with pool and gym).
* The room was fine, but quite small. Think London small..
* At check-in was offered a 3pm check-out if I needed it (I didn't ask), and I accepted.
* There was quite a bit of noise from the room, either from nearby rooms or even from the street/freeway beneath. But I was so tired that I really didn't have any problem sleeping. The bed was pretty comfortable;. I generally avoid HGI since I don't like the beds, but this was good.
* The gym was decent. I think there were 3 treadmills and some other things. The view while on the treadmill was pretty nice (harbor)
* Breakfast was mostly ok. They assigned me a table. I placed an order for eggs, got 2 glasses of water, put those with a napkin that had vitamins/medicine in on my table, then went up to retrieve the eggs. In the 2 minute interval, my water and medicine was gone. I asked a server who shrugged. I asked the gal who seated me. They had some sort of conversation, a guy came over and said, "sorry," and they put a bottle of Evian on the table. I asked about my medicine and he just shrugged, said, "sorry," and walked away.
* My suitcase broke along the trip there (no fault of the hotel). Someone at the front desk found a place that does luggage repair. I took it over, but they needed too much time. While back in my room, sitting at the desk on my computer planning out my day, the door was suddenly thrust open (I had the DND tag on it). No knocking. The maid saw me there, said, "sorry," and left.
* Around 10am, I decided to make my exit. Packed up my stuff. Left bags at the front desk and went over to Victoria Peak and other things.
* When I returned to pick up my bags, the hotel manager was there. He said that the restaurant manager had spoken to him and he offered pay for my taxi to the airport train (I didn't want to do the subway since the handle on my bag was broken). I felt that was a decent recovery. He also gave me his card and told me to contact him before my next visit.

Overall, probably on-par for a city HGI. I'd have stayed at the Conrad, but the price was about 3x. I kind of like the neighborhood around the HGI, gives a whole different experience (more down to earth) than the Conrad.
As for location, aside from the rain, it was pretty easy to/from the subway. On my way back from the Peak, I took the Star Ferry across the bay and was able to easily hop on the subway to get back. It was probably possible to walk, but I wasn't sure. I was way early for my connecting flight to CMB, so I got to enjoy the Pier for a while ^

Seems to be a good, affordable alternative to the Conrad.
re your broken suitcase
picked up a carry on suitcase for only HK $150 ..used it for 6 months it was still good so last month brought another one ...bit more expensive now HK $160...at ladies market (right at the start . Right hand side coming from the hilton)
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by aztimm
That's one of the annoyances about travelling alone. I remember something similar happening to me at Sheraton Grand Krakow while I went to the egg station. Even though I'd placed a card to say Occupied they just ignored it and cleared the table of the drinks I'd just put down. These days for solo trips I always bring something down to breakfast with me that I can place on the table, like a travel guide or book, to make it obvious to servers that someone is actually at the table.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yurtripper
That's one of the annoyances about travelling alone. I remember something similar happening to me at Sheraton Grand Krakow while I went to the egg station. Even though I'd placed a card to say Occupied they just ignored it and cleared the table of the drinks I'd just put down. These days for solo trips I always bring something down to breakfast with me that I can place on the table, like a travel guide or book, to make it obvious to servers that someone is actually at the table.
My usual problem is not the servers but other guests. I can leave a magazine and my glasses (the ones to see, not the ones to drink out of) and when I come back there's a family of 4 sitting at my table. Happens more frequently in Asia.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: hhonors gold, priority club plat
How strict is the extra occupancy here? Looking to book standard award for three in one room but system did not price. Would there be trouble if I book as two and have our third join after check in?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfsportsguy
How strict is the extra occupancy here? Looking to book standard award for three in one room but system did not price. Would there be trouble if I book as two and have our third join after check in?
Probably not an issue but rooms are not large. Never had a two-bed room so don't know how spacious the actual beds would be.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: hhonors gold, priority club plat
Originally Posted by Cymro
Probably not an issue but rooms are not large. Never had a two-bed room so don't know how spacious the actual beds would be.
Thanks for the response. After more research, that is the sense I am getting as well. Double bed rooms in Asia are not meant for 2 as they can be in US.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:00 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I have a stay here coming up soon - a couple of questions;

1. I note some comments re traffic noise - any tips on "quiet rooms"? I have been pre-upgraded to a high-floor room but additional advice would be welcome.
2. My flight arrives into HKG at about 11pm. I do not fancy trains/metro etc that late in an area I do not know. Assume therefore that "best" options to get to HGI are either Taxi or Uber?
Many thanks.

BTW - the Hotel offered a limo pickup (E Class) for $900 (more than the room cost!) so will not avail that.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by NoY
I have a stay here coming up soon - a couple of questions;

1. I note some comments re traffic noise - any tips on "quiet rooms"? I have been pre-upgraded to a high-floor room but additional advice would be welcome.
Stayed at the hotel last week for 1 night and was assigned a room on the 18th floor, was not bothered by the traffic noise.

The one that bothered me the most though was the noise from adjacent rooms. I was jetlagged so had an early night and was woken up by my neighbors’ conversations as they were returning to their room around 10.30pm. It was quite surreal as the voices were very clear as if they were in the room with me.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:04 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by rhu171

Stayed at the hotel last week for 1 night and was assigned a room on the 18th floor, was not bothered by the traffic noise.

The one that bothered me the most though was the noise from adjacent rooms. I was jetlagged so had an early night and was woken up by my neighbors’ conversations as they were returning to their room around 10.30pm. It was quite surreal as the voices were very clear as if they were in the room with me.
Good to know thanks. I do use ear plugs when in doubt

How did you get from airport?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by NoY
Good to know thanks. I do use ear plugs when in doubt

How did you get from airport?
Taxi would be the easiest way.

Uber's pick up location might be a bit difficult to navigate to unless you are familiar with HKG.

Taxi should be a bit cheaper than uber.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.