Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Mall Of The Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Mall Of The Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Mall Of The Emirates {ARE}

Thinking about staying at this new hotel. Anyone have any reviews or notes they can pass on regarding their stay?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
Did you stay there, if so, any assessment you wish to post?

Any comparison between this HGI and the nearby DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Residences Dubai - Al Barsha?

Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pooh
Did you stay there, if so, any assessment you wish to post?

Any comparison between this HGI and the nearby DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Residences Dubai - Al Barsha?

Thanks.
No. Im scheduled for mid november. Although I dont know if I will keep the reservation because I jumped on the recent visa promo and also booked at Conrad Dubai. Still contemplating both, but feedback on this hotel is scarce.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Although I dont know if I will keep the reservation because I jumped on the recent visa promo and also booked at Conrad Dubai. Still contemplating both
And what will swing your decision? They're not really comparable properties in any manner - level of service, location, etc. Not that one is "better" than the other per se, but these aren't two hotels that I'd naturally find myself waffling between.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
And what will swing your decision? They're not really comparable properties in any manner - level of service, location, etc. Not that one is "better" than the other per se, but these aren't two hotels that I'd naturally find myself waffling between.
Just contemplating if the Conrad is really worth 20% in cost vs HGI.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
No comparison between Conrad and HGI (especially in Dubai). I have stayed in the new HGI in Deira (close to Dubai Airport) and it is nice, new, clean etc (as you'd expect) and I am sure the HGI near Mall of Emirates is just the same. With HGI (if you are a Diamond) you get free buffet breakfast (very average) + Internet, water and that's it.

Conrad in Dubai on the other hand is very luxurious (Its a Ferrari compared to HGI Ford). Conrad has great exec lounge (diamond or Exec room needed for access), which serves v nice breakfast with proper fresh fruit etc, service all day, afternoon tea and a very comprehensive dinner + happy hour with free drinks (including quite often sparkling wine). Rooms in Conrad are quiet, well appointed as you'd expect and you are directly connected to the Metro so really easy to get around and to both Mall of Emirates and Dubai Mall..
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Just contemplating if the Conrad is really worth 20% in cost vs HGI.
"Contemplating"? I'd take that deal 7 days a week (for the reasons the poster above just very accurately listed).
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
Yeah, I took a long look at the Conrad as well. But we're planning to attend a meet at one of the American schools in Dubai (DAA), which appears within walking distance of both the HGI and the DoubleTree. (Of course one never knows for sure just from Google maps.) The DoubleTree is a bit closer than the HGI, but as a general rule I prefer HGIs to DoubleTrees. Hence the question of comparing the two properties. We're scheduled back later in November as well. Might give the Conrad a run at that time.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:17 am

I've stayed at the HGI MoE multiple times and the property is just fine.

The only issue is with the scrum for breakfast if there is a tour group in house. The dining area is pretty small, so if the whole group shows up at once (which it usually does) then you can be waiting an hour or more for a seat.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:13 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 2:17 pm

I've stayed for a week in December 2020 and a couple of nights in March 2021. I would describe it as a decent HGI - good rooms and large fitness room. Pool not so good - a bit shaded I thought. During December when all hotels were busy, breakfast was better organized at this HGI than the Conrad, though of course the quality was less.

The main reason we stayed here was to be close (a short taxi ride) to the beach and Palm, but for a fraction of the price compared to hotels in those areas..
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by 8420PR
I've stayed for a week in December 2020 and a couple of nights in March 2021. I would describe it as a decent HGI - good rooms and large fitness room. Pool not so good - a bit shaded I thought. During December when all hotels were busy, breakfast was better organized at this HGI than the Conrad, though of course the quality was less.

The main reason we stayed here was to be close (a short taxi ride) to the beach and Palm, but for a fraction of the price compared to hotels in those areas..
Great, thanks for the insight!
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Currently here on a 7 night stay. Rooms are a good size. Food - breakfast is just okay, the hot food items are always lukewarm at best, good egg station. Restaurant food in evening is terrible, we tried the buffet on our first night, never again, tough beef, dried out chicken, nothing good.

For a good meal nearby try “Chalet” down the street on the corner towards the Mashreq metro station about 2 -3 minute walk, Arabic, Indian and Chinese food with a few western Items (burger, fries). We went twice and had Arabic and Indian food enjoying both meals, but they do not serve alcohol.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by tobegold
Currently here on a 7 night stay. Rooms are a good size. Food - breakfast is just okay, the hot food items are always lukewarm at best, good egg station. Restaurant food in evening is terrible, we tried the buffet on our first night, never again, tough beef, dried out chicken, nothing good.

For a good meal nearby try “Chalet” down the street on the corner towards the Mashreq metro station about 2 -3 minute walk, Arabic, Indian and Chinese food with a few western Items (burger, fries). We went twice and had Arabic and Indian food enjoying both meals, but they do not serve alcohol.
I'd come to this thread specifically to enquire about food, I've got a NOR1 offer to go Half Board for 20AED per night, which I reckon is about GBP4 (?), I am assuming is for the buffet, and can't work out if that's a worthwhile offer or not if the food's not all that. I presume it'll successfully fill me up, but I'm guessing it won't be either authentic or particularly exciting?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
We were only directed to the buffet, but they do also offer a menu which was not offered to us, same went for a few people who arrived after us. Let’s just say that we did not go for seconds and heard another couple complaining to each other how bad the buffet was.

One evening my wife ordered room service and the Chicken Biryani was good (I was out at expo and she did not want to go again).

If the rate includes dinner which is buffet only then not worth the money, if it includes ordering from the menu then go for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.