Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Nashville, Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Nashville, Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Nashville, Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Have a holiday 17 September to 1st October which includes stays at New York, Nashville, Memphis and Miami. Have hotels booked in New York, Memphis and Miami.

Nashville presents a problem as we are travelling with two other couples. We are staying for 4 nights. I am Hilton Diamond.

We were looking at Hilton Downtown. We have two Hilton Certificates which we have booked for the Friday and Saturday. I have 70,000 points which I could use for one other night and then I would pay cash for the other night.

We have done most of our research on our other destinations. Our friends wont pay the $375 a night for this hotel. It does seem very expensive and I totally agree.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Nashville circa $250 a night.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:36 am

I assume you want to be near downtown for the action? If so, the other downtown locations (Hampton Inn, HGI, etc) are nice properties as well and walkable to all the downtown bars and attractions. Some of the Vanderbilt locations are nice as well and a short cab ride away from downtown. You could also walk it in a pinch down to 2nd Ave. If you don't mind being 20 minutes from downtown, the Hilton Suites in Brentwood is a pretty nice property and one of my preferred properties when I used to travel to the area frequently...of course, most of my business was in Brentwood, so it was convenient.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I highly recommend the Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt. It's an easy walk into downtown on a nice day; if not, they run a free shuttle with extensive hours. Was treated well as a Diamond while staying at this property. Also parking is free which is not insignificant in Nashville.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:17 am

I am looking for a couple of inexpensive Nashville nights and most of the downtown hotels are sold out or too pricey on my dates, so I have booked Doubletree Suites at the airport at 30K a night. Seems cab into town is not very far in Nashville and I am going to Grand ole Opry one night and Nissan stadium the other so location seems not too bad. Any thoughts for or against the Doubletree Suites airport?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Very interesting and helpful.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:08 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ight=Nashville
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:21 am

Thanks. Not much info on Doubletree Suites Nashville Airport (thread from 2003), so if anyone has any input on Hilton family hotel locations in Nashville area please chime in.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, Emerald Club Excutive
Avoid HI near Vandy

Originally Posted by dpb132
I highly recommend the Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt. It's an easy walk into downtown on a nice day; if not, they run a free shuttle with extensive hours. Was treated well as a Diamond while staying at this property. Also parking is free which is not insignificant in Nashville.
Strongly recommend you avoid this property as it's really gone down hill. The free parking is the only thing to talk about here. I'd recommend the nice Home 2 Suites a few blocks away from this property.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Nashville is always expensive. They are building a few more but will not be ready for another year or so.

Do you have any SPG points? I like the Music City Sheraton - it is not downtown but it is only a few minutes away. Very nice quiet setting. I have 100% success rate being upgraded to a suite there after maybe 10 stays.

They have a paid shuttle to downtown if you want to go out drinking and not have to deal with parking (and jail of course).
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:31 am

Try the other Hampton

I like the Hampton on Koreans war Veterans Blvd/4th street (I believe). Close enough to Broadway, pretty large rooms, clean, valet service. There are a couple of nice restaurants only a block away. I've stayed twice and was pleased both times.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I guess the location would be impacted by:

* Where you plan on spending your time

* Use of car?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
oops....double post.

Last edited by NoStressHere; Apr 25, 2016 at 6:41 am
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Your favorite BNA (Nashville) property

Do you have a fav property near BNA? Best bang for your buck or pts so to speak? This will be for a Sunday night stay in Oct. Thx
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:38 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

There's also 13 other property-specific threads if you do a thread title search on "Nashville"
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cblaisd

There's also 13 other property-specific threads if you do a thread title search on "Nashville"
Thanks. Yup, did the search but most of the info is really old and not specific to airport properties. Not a huge deal but hoping to get current feedback. My top 2 right now, near BNA, are the HGI (32K) and Hampton I&S (30K). I'd choose ES if it wasn't 40K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.