Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Dublin City Centre [was Custom House] {IRL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Dublin City Centre [was Custom House] {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 5:18 pm

Does anyone know if this property is still renovating? Their website says January-May, want to know if they are still on schedule.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Seems a long time since any recent reports from this property. Has anyone been since July 2017 and able to provide details of post-renovation experiences? Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:22 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Seems a long time since any recent reports from this property. Has anyone been since July 2017 and able to provide details of post-renovation experiences? Thanks!
I was there in May and August of this year. I got a Riverview room both stays. Reasonable location. Good service. But, it is overrun with amateur tourists which can be a problem at breakfast. What more do you want to know?
Adam1222 likes this.

Last edited by stc; Dec 28, 2019 at 7:32 am Reason: correcting spelling
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by stc
I was there in May and August of this year. I got a Riverview room both stsys. Reasonable location. Good service. But, it is overrun with amateur tourists which can be a problem at breakfast. What more do you want to know?
Thanks. I'll be there Monday. Hopefully fewer tourists this time of year!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:31 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stc
I was there in May and August of this year. I got a Riverview room both stsys. Reasonable location. Good service. But, it is overrun with amateur tourists which can be a problem at breakfast. What more do you want to know?
In case it wasn't clear, I meant that I was upgraded to a Riverview Room both stays. Also, the breakfast was a good buffet and better than HGIs in the USA. My stays were a mix of paid and points. (IIRC the first stay was all points and the second stay was some points nights and some paid nights.)
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by stc
In case it wasn't clear, I meant that I was upgraded to a Riverview Room both stays. Also, the breakfast was a good buffet and better than HGIs in the USA. My stays were a mix of paid and points. (IIRC the first stay was all points and the second stay was some points nights and some paid nights.)
I've stayed at this property 3 or 4 times, most recently in Dec. I agree that the breakfast buffet is very good (omelet station included). I was also upgraded to a riverview room, but I find that side of the hotel to be noisy due to road traffic.

I like this property, and the area, and will be back.
--
13F
Old Dec 31, 2019, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
I've stayed at this property 3 or 4 times, most recently in Dec. I agree that the breakfast buffet is very good (omelet station included). I was also upgraded to a riverview room, but I find that side of the hotel to be noisy due to road traffic.

I like this property, and the area, and will be back.
--
13F
I think this may be a YMMV situation. The hotel is fine, and location works well if you're coming/going from Connolly Station.
As a diamond, I got no upgrade and the room was definitely on the small side and dark. Fitness center was the busiest I've ever seen at a hotel, decent equipment for an HGI but a small space for a hotel this size. Breakfast was a mob scene at peak hours; tons of empty tables covered with dirty dishes. Had to ask for one to be cleared off. The breakfast assortment though is quite good for a HGI.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently in the post virus era.

Breakfast is being served in the ground floor restaurant. However, the quality of food on offer is very sub standard I found.

The hotel has washing machines and dryers for guest use on the ground floor.
Price is 3.50 euro for each machine and that includes washing powder.

Rooms at this hotel are pretty decent in size.
I stayed twice here in 2 seperate rooms on different floors and both only had bathtubs...no walk-in showers.
Rooms on the 6th and 7th floor are a little bit more new and somewhat larger.
Windows DO open at this property for fresh air.

Make sure you get a room facing the river as the view is MUCH nicer.

The nearest tram (LUAS) stop is "George's dock" on the red line.
"Mayor Square" tram stop is also pretty close.

This hotel is very close to Dublin Connolly train station. (About a 7 to 10 min walk) or 1 LUAS tram stop to "Busaras" station.
Connolly station is where trains go north to Belfast in Northern Ireland. The journey to Belfast is about 2 hours.

The area around the hotel is a mini financial district called IFSC (International Financial Services Centre) and is very quiet at night. Very important in a city with lots of evening noise like Dublin.

There are many shops, banks and restaurants near Custom house square / "mayor square" LUAS tram stop. Among these are the supermarkets "Marks and Spencer" (closes early at 6pm) and "Fresh" (stays open until 10pm).

Among the many restaurants there I reccomend 2

"Musashi" serves nice Japanese food. Not just sushi...but many japanese dishes.
https://musashidublin.com/ifsc/

"il Fornaio" serves excellent Italian food. Pizza made in traditional professional oven, and home made pasta and tiramisu. Second property on lower part of this webpage https://www.ilfornaio.ie/restaurants/
wizla, tom911 and Tocsin like this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Sep 2, 2020 at 5:12 am
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Looks like the this hotel has changed its name and is now called "Hilton Garden Inn Dublin City Centre"
instead of the old name of "Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House"

Official website:
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/dub...n-city-centre/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.