Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Malaga {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Malaga {ESP}

I would like to know if the windows in this hotel can be opened (for fresh air)?
Information much appreciated, thank you.

(life was easier before my thread about opening windows got lost in the big clean-up.....).

I decided to start a general thread on this hotel instead of starting a thread with just my question as there is no existing thread about the hotel and hopefully more useful information about this hotel will be provided over time for everyone's benefit.

(add : Could a moderator please change the thread title. {ESP} instead of Spain. Sorry.)

Last edited by helosc; Apr 5, 2016 at 6:20 am
Old Apr 5, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by helosc

(life was easier before my thread about opening windows got lost in the big clean-up.....).
Don't know about this hotel but you've got my vote for a new thread about opening windows... A list of hotels that have windows that can be opened (or not) would be very useful for me!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

It was only about European hotels, though.
I am considering starting the thread again - I have screen shots of the first post where I have all the hotels listed.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by helosc
I would like to know if the windows in this hotel can be opened (for fresh air)?
Information much appreciated, thank you.

I decided to start a general thread on this hotel instead of starting a thread with just my question as there is no existing thread about the hotel and hopefully more useful information about this hotel will be provided over time for everyone's benefit.

(add : Could a moderator please change the thread title. {ESP} instead of Spain. Sorry.)

Yes, stayed there 2 weeks ago and the windows open....quite bit actually! If you are at the front of the hotel it would be a bit noisy though, as it opens out to the main highway from the airport. HTH.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cummino
Yes, stayed there 2 weeks ago and the windows open....quite bit actually! If you are at the front of the hotel it would be a bit noisy though, as it opens out to the main highway from the airport. HTH.
Thank you very much.
I'll try to get a room in the back then, away from traffic.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Anyone stayed here and can report on the rooms, breakfast, etc.?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:19 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Is there any experience with this hotel ? Specifically the locations, is there things around, convenience to go downtown Malage ?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:24 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Is there any experience with this hotel ? Specifically the locations, is there things around, convenience to go downtown Malage ?
Can't comment how easy it is to get to town as had a car (parking around the hotel is free and convenient). IIRC there's a metro not too far away or buses. That said I'd recommend renting a car to go to Marbella, Grenada or Gibraltar. The hotel is right by a large road that goes between the airport and Malaga with a Carrefour at the other side of said road. Other than that not much in the neighborhood except a Ibis Budget. I do recommend going to the nearby restaurant Trattoria Mamma Franca which is owned by Italians and serves great food.

Originally Posted by anabolism
Anyone stayed here and can report on the rooms, breakfast, etc.?
Rooms aren't bad, service is good, breakfast sucks. Honestly one of the worst I've had in Europe - limited amount of choice and poor quality.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:59 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
As my plan is to get some sun during a January week-end, I ditch the HGI idea and booked a boutique hotel in downtown, with view on the Alcazaba
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by GVA
Can't comment how easy it is to get to town as had a car (parking around the hotel is free and convenient). IIRC there's a metro not too far away or buses. That said I'd recommend renting a car to go to Marbella, Grenada or Gibraltar. The hotel is right by a large road that goes between the airport and Malaga with a Carrefour at the other side of said road. Other than that not much in the neighborhood except a Ibis Budget. I do recommend going to the nearby restaurant Trattoria Mamma Franca which is owned by Italians and serves great food.

Rooms aren't bad, service is good, breakfast sucks. Honestly one of the worst I've had in Europe - limited amount of choice and poor quality.
Wow, maybe I should plan to stay at the Doubletree instead of the HGI?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: DL DM
Wow, maybe I should plan to stay at the Doubletree instead of the HGI?
I stayed here (HGI) earlier this year.

I guess I did not think the breakfast was that bad. By European standards far from the best, but I have definitely had worse breakfasts at other Hilton properties.

The rooms were fine but mostly unremarkable. I had difficulty sleeping the first night because of the temperature of the first room I had, but they moved me to a different one, which was better.

The hotel is definitely not in the city, much closer to the airport. I was annoyed that the airport taxis had a minimum charge of 20+ euros, because the distance was maybe worth a third of that. I took Uber to and from the city, which cost 7-12 euros. I think Uber had only started in Malaga recently, and there were not that many drivers. I could not get someone to pick me up for a 6 AM flight, so they called me a cab. There was little around the hotel, but I did not mind. After a day of sightseeing, I brought food back for dinner. I remember they gave me a free drink voucher.

Overall I thought it was ok. It was pretty cheap so I do not regret it.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:44 am

I took a look at the TripAdvisor reviews, which are hilarious. Most of the posters had the best hotel stay of their lives, and were thrilled beyond belief to find a tea kettle in the room, or that the hotel provided extra pillows on request, or let them check in early.

Anyone recall if the breakfast has made-to-order omelets or other eggs, or smoked salmon?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Off topic, so deleted

Last edited by bitterproffit; Dec 11, 2019 at 12:19 pm Reason: Venturing off topic
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:23 am

I took a look at the TripAdvisor reviews, which are hilarious. Most of the posters had the best hotel stay of their lives, and were thrilled beyond belief to find a tea kettle in the room, or that the hotel provided extra pillows on request, or let them check in early.

Anyone recall if the breakfast has made-to-order omelets or other eggs, or smoked salmon?
I stayed there about a month ago. I thought it was a good place and would stay there again. It's outside the center of town, but transport by metro or bus was very easy using Google maps. But I don't mind staying outside of the center and using public transport when I travel for a much better rate. Uber (or another similar service - don't remember) was easily available and I used it for the airport to leave.

I went to the lobby one morning while doing laundry and the breakfast area was packed with a large group. When I went to eat an hour later it was almost empty. I thought breakfast was good, but I'm ok with some cereal, fruit and yogurt as long as there is a decent espresso machine, which they have. The selection of the buffet seemed large to me. I noticed a card on the table offering some made to order items. I didn't pay much attention since I didn't want anything so don't know about salmon.

It seems to be popular with tour groups as I would see them getting off or on buses. I was pleasantly surprised that the room was very quiet as tour groups are generally noisy. I'm very sensitive to noisy rooms and was very happy with the quietness of the room. I rarely complete the after stay email survey but in this case I did to complement them on a good stay.
Zurich likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Stayed here recently. Breakfast is average for Europe — it did not seem below any standard implied by the brand. There were eggs cooked to order as an option. The rooms are comfortable and at the standard you'd expect for a Hilton Garden Inn. (By contrast, I found the Holiday Inn Express Campo de Gibraltar to be below the standard of an American Holiday Inn Express.)

The pleasant surprise was the location. They recently opened (in the last decade) a metro that goes directly from the hotel to the train station. From there you're in the heart of Malaga. It was only 3 euros roundtrip. As far as I'm concerned, this is more than just an airport hotel, despite the name. Would happily return here again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.