FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Properties with Water View (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1756109-hilton-properties-water-view.html)

helosc Mar 30, 2016 10:05 am

Hilton Tel Aviv
Hilton Vienna Danube
(and Hilton Budapest Castle has a fantastic view as mentioned earlier in the thread).

mphall Mar 30, 2016 10:59 am

I have been many places in the world but it's nice to come back after a long day and see some water. Like in Amsterdam or Venice. I just thought readers might have some different ideas.

Baze Mar 30, 2016 11:18 am

Originally Posted by mphall (Post 26410043)
I have been many places in the world but it's nice to come back after a long day and see some water. Like in Amsterdam or Venice. I just thought readers might have some different ideas.

I think you need to clarify what kind of water. There is everything from ponds to oceans. I would say probably 75% of hotels can see some kind of water.

mphall Mar 30, 2016 11:32 am

Not a pond or stream. I was hoping for ocean, sea, or river.

Sisosig Mar 30, 2016 11:48 am

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 26408918)
Evian

Do you mean Évian-les-Bains or just Evian? I'm asking because they put a bottle of Evian in my Hilton Frankfurt king size executive room (free upgrade) and the view was just great. Not just of the bottle of water but it also had a magnificent view over Frankfurt am Main, like a historic tower and church, the sky scrapers in the city center and even of the mountains in the far distance.

There's one hotel, I think it doesn't even have a thread here. Hampton Inn Lake Placid, some rooms have a big balcony with Adriondac chairs, that offer a great view over the city lake. I would urge you to pay extra for this room type. But even from the within the dining hall and outside patio the view is great. The hotel is next to the local brewpub and has a manager's reception.

Other favorites of mine are Hilton Mainz (river view rooms) and Hilton Bonn (courtyard/river view rooms with balcony), walk to beer gardens.

Doubletree NDSM Wharf Amsterdam corner rooms have an impressing view of Amsterdam's Y-river, with floor to ceiling windows all over. Remember to close curtains while in bathroom.

MSPeconomist Mar 30, 2016 11:55 am

IIRC the (newish) Hilton in The Hague is located along a small canal.

BrlDsguise Mar 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by mphall (Post 26410196)

Hard to make a recommendation when places as diverse as Maui, South Beach, New York City, San Antonio, New Orleans, Niagara Falls and Venice all have hotels that qualify.

mphall Mar 30, 2016 2:11 pm

I thought the Hilton in Athens, Venice and Berlin had great views. It was such a treat.

Baze Mar 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by mphall (Post 26410196)

Now, do you want tropical? Arctic? Something in between? Your request is wayyyy to open ended.

sdsearch Mar 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 26411102)
Now, do you want tropical? Arctic? Something in between? Your request is wayyyy to open ended.

How many Arctic HH properties are there? I would think that's a pretty small list, even without a water view restriction.

shawn67 Mar 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Hilton Mauritius

harryhv Mar 31, 2016 12:06 am

Ole man river...
Hilton Baton Rouge

Baze Mar 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 26411605)
How many Arctic HH properties are there? I would think that's a pretty small list, even without a water view restriction.

Sorry it was taken so literally, I think you know what I meant. Hot, cold or something in between.

txflyer77 Mar 31, 2016 9:37 pm

The Hampton Inn Norman, OK has a view of a ditch that tends to flood. :p

gummibar Mar 31, 2016 9:58 pm

Hilton Millennium Bangkok
Hilton Arcadia Phuket

Conrad Singapore (kinda have water view of Marina Bay depending on which room you got)

Hilton Kuching (view of sarawak river)

Conrad Bali