Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by SFOisHome
In case anyone is looking at rewards stay the property is 40k/night or you can do a Global VIP Award for 4 or more nights, which brings it down to 32k/34k per night.
This would be ideal if I can get it for July.

I will contact Hilton reservations in a few weeks to see what is the situation.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Just booked an award stay for April 2012 for 11 nights. Standard Oceanview Pool Villa. Was 30k/night which is less then the 4 night Amex Axon rate for a cat 6 of 125k.

Now I just have to get miles award plane tickets there.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by saviox
Hi DunkSB and congratulations for your wedding.

I am also shocked with prices. I was hoping to find rates similar to the Conrad Bali, in the 200/300 USD range.

I hope nearer the opening date you can find some better rates.
Well I have to believe this is a totally different product then Bali that's why there is such a difference in price. Bali has 400 plus room I believe with the addition of the suites and this hotel has 70 something, all with a private pool.

Bali does offer private pools but only in a few corner suites, plus with points you only get a standard room which is in the $200-300 range, to go to the old suites or the new suites you'll be paying on par as Koh.

I love the Bali hotel but between visits in 2007 and 2010 I saw a decline in service, although still a great property, with the addition of the amazing suites.

Oh BWT back in 2007 rooms were sub $100
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Star G, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SFOisHome
As others mentioned they are opening in September, per the website. However, phone reservations has no idea of this and kept telling me they were opening June 1st.

In case anyone is looking at rewards stay the property is 40k/night or you can do a Global VIP Award for 4 or more nights, which brings it down to 32k/34k per night. This is what reservations told me. They were able to make the booking, but couldn't confirm it, YMMV.

I'm going to try back in a week. We are trying to go over Xmas, so hopefully I will be able to snag a reward stay!
I was just able to book my stay via the website with the Global VIP rate of 32k per night!!

I am jumping all over my Starwood Hotel Room!!

Looks like everything is up and running
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Just booked @ 30k points a night!!! The steal of a lifetime ...
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
Just booked @ 30k points a night!!! The steal of a lifetime ...
Let's lay low--or they'll do a massive hike in the points!!!!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just went to book a stay using points and see that they are now a category 7. Anyone know about this hike in category?

Also, anyone have more information on the hotel. Is it in a good location, etc. I am planning a 2 week vacation to Thailand and trying to decide which beach area to go to. Any suggestions if I should go to Koh Samui, Phuket, Railey Beach? I am also going to Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by dealswelike
I just went to book a stay using points and see that they are now a category 7. Anyone know about this hike in category?

Thanks.
Man what a bummer that's a big jum IMHO from 30k to 37.5k per night. My guess 80 rooms and poeple (at least on FT) waiting so long for it to arrive, they feel they can justify the increase. I think they should at least have let it open and and get thier feet wet before rising the rate.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

Also, anyone have more information on the hotel. Is it in a good location, etc. I am planning a 2 week vacation to Thailand and trying to decide which beach area to go to. Any suggestions if I should go to Koh Samui, Phuket, Railey Beach? I am also going to Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

Thanks.
Noticed that you're Starwood Plat. I think Le Meridien Khao Lak is great, both for the hotel itself and beach. Depends of course on what you're looking for. It's a quiet scene, not one for nightlife. But if that suits your tastes, check it out at the Starwood forum and at Tripadvisor.com.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Man what a bummer that's a big jum IMHO from 30k to 37.5k per night. My guess 80 rooms and poeple (at least on FT) waiting so long for it to arrive, they feel they can justify the increase. I think they should at least have let it open and and get thier feet wet before rising the rate.
It is 50K a night, where do you see 37.5K a night? With the Diamond VIP reward if 4+ nights its 42.5K a night.

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Noticed that you're Starwood Plat. I think Le Meridien Khao Lak is great, both for the hotel itself and beach. Depends of course on what you're looking for. It's a quiet scene, not one for nightlife. But if that suits your tastes, check it out at the Starwood forum and at Tripadvisor.com.

Is there enough activity in Khao Lak. Want a nice beach and hotel, but absolutely things to do and some culture. Also, would you recommend the SPG Khao Lak over the Marriott Khao Lak?

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:45 pm

[QUOTE=dealswelike;16272910]It is 50K a night, where do you see 37.5K a night? With the Diamond VIP reward if 4+ nights its 42.5K a night.

Thanks[/QUOTE

So this one turned out to be a little confusing for me too so I did a few dummy bookings to see what would happen, and here's my results. BTW this was all done online I didn't call anyone. Wheras on 4/13 when I booked 11 nights it was 330k, same res now is 412,500 points Also, the Axon category 7 award is 145 for 4 nights so this works out be being less then the 4 night rate they quote online.

3 nights or less 50K per night
4 nights 42.5K/night
5 nights 40K/night
6 nights or more 37.5 k
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Cat 7 seems totally unreasonable.

Conrad Bali went up to a cat 5 from a cat 4 last year.

I'm curious to see what cat the Conrad Ubud will be.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PatMike
Cat 7 seems totally unreasonable.

Conrad Bali went up to a cat 5 from a cat 4 last year.

I'm curious to see what cat the Conrad Ubud will be.
The rooms start at $700 a night. I'm surprised it's not above Cat 7. Looks like a truly differentiated property to me.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Is there enough activity in Khao Lak. Want a nice beach and hotel, but absolutely things to do and some culture. Also, would you recommend the SPG Khao Lak over the Marriott Khao Lak?

Thanks
Depends what you mean by things to do. There are basic but excellent Thai eateries within walking distance of Le Meridien on the beach, one of them just five minutes away--though also a number of hotel restaurants if that's your preference. Also, very cheap but good open air massage shacks right nearby--though, again, a nice spa at the hotel itself. There's an on-site travel agent who can arrange all sorts of sightseeing, snorkeling/diving and cultural tours; we took a very nice all day ride on a comfortable, roomy sailboat with about 20 other folks, seeing the James Bond Island, a Thai fishing village and a few other sights. But I have to confess that's the only time we ventured off the beach. There's a national park nearby with a waterfall and hiking.

OTOH, nothing much in terms of nightlife aside from perhaps an occasional cultural show at the hotel. Again, though, especially since my wife and I didn't check out other activities much, you might get better answers at the SPG forum.

Sorry, can't say how this compares with the Marriott. I'd been told by some folks familiar with the area that Le Meridien is on the nicest beach in Khao Lak--and it certainly must be the longest. But beyond that limited, second-hand info, I just don't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.