Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Hawaii, USA {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Hawaii, USA {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2001, 5:14 pm
GG

bfllover, rental cars in Hawaii are cheap, and you really want one if you're going to stay at Turtle Bay. There are some good restaurants on the North Shore, but you need a car to get to them.

We've enjoyed Turtle Bay in spite of the hotel being in need of a makeover. Like Honu, I'm not too fond of Waikiki, but our one short stay at HHV was very nice, and if you're already booked into the Ali'i Tower, you don't have to worry. Just try to look at each property as unique, because it really is an apples & oranges thing.
Old May 11, 2001, 6:01 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally posted by bfllover:
someone stated there are never any upgrades at the aaali tower.
I was upgraded to room 610 in the Ali'i Tower when I checked in the week of 2/10.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old May 11, 2001, 10:37 pm

Stay at the HHV in Waikiki. Turtle Bay is run down and completely ready for a makeover which will start soon. You'll be happier avoiding Turtle Bay.
Old May 12, 2001, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
MileageAddict, your stay at the HHV Ali'i was a paid stay, not a VIP Reward stay correct? I am booked there the week of Thanksgiving and wondering if upgrades to the Ali'i and/or Kalia are possible.
Old May 12, 2001, 11:56 pm

I was told via Hiltons 1800 # that golds and above are eligible for an upgrade if available.My understanding is that your original ressie has to be at the ali tower to get upgraded within the ali. I am paying $205 for garden view and hoping for upgrade to ocean view.I almost bookrd the rainbow tower,since I heard such positive reviews of it also.Everyone might already know about epinions.com I found alot of good reviews of things to do do on oahu One of my favorite sites.
Old May 13, 2001, 12:12 am

Just came back from HHV 2 days ago. Booked $259 ocean view room at Rainbow Tower. Was upgraded to ocean view at Ali'i Tower when I asked to be upgraded. Received breakfast coupons for the original Rainbow Tower room without asking. (BTW, I'm Gold VIP.)
Old May 13, 2001, 8:36 am

Originally posted by ptpinit:
MileageAddict, your stay at the HHV Ali'i was a paid stay, not a VIP Reward stay correct? I am booked there the week of Thanksgiving and wondering if upgrades to the Ali'i and/or Kalia are possible.
I was using the Hilton 100,000 VIP point award for my stay back in February.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop
Old May 13, 2001, 8:37 am

Originally posted by MileageAddict:
I was using the Hilton 100,000 VIP point award for my stay back in February. Perhaps Lady Luck was on my side but the bottom line is that sometimes they bend the rules.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop
Old May 13, 2001, 8:41 am
Suspended

I guess your update might be relative to your original reservation I paid $169 for an AARP rate and got upgraded to a great ocean view in the Rainbow tower ( I suspect the same type of room as my original $259.00 ocean view reservation before I found the AARP rate)
Note: they did not ask for my AARP ID but I suppose if you look 20 they might. If you havent got a AARP and application can be made on line and you can print out a temporary card.
One other thing note the Diamond Tower in terms of overall accessability is the best tower on the property, it is closer to the beach, valet parking, regular parking and the main pool. One draw back if you going to do a lot of walking off the the property it is the furthest from the main road and this is big place.
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 05-13-2001).]
Old May 15, 2001, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Turtle Bay may be run down but it is a stone's throw from some of the best beaches ever and the location is more like old Hawaii than even any of the out islands. If you are in Hawaii to shop, then Waikiki, but if you are there for peace and beach, Turtle Bay. Its own beach is nasty so you have to drive 5 min to a public one.

My daughter and I stayed over a few extra days while my husband went back to work (poor guy). Since it is a long ride to the airport from Turtle, he took the bus to save us the inconvenience of the drive. His bus to the airport was very successful, bags and all. The rental car company upgraded us to a convertible for $5/day extra when my teen aged daughter started begging!
Old May 25, 2001, 4:19 pm

How far in advance should I book Hilton Properties in Hawaii??

Planning on a nice vacation in Hawaii sometimes next year, and will be using Hhonor points for free hotel nights, how far advance should I book these rooms? Also, is it an headache to use points to book rooms?

------------------
Al
Old May 25, 2001, 6:26 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I've had a lot of success using points at the HHV and Hilton Waikoloa. I've booked nine months in advance during some peak periods at Waikoloa, but I've also gotten award rooms during slower times only four or five weeks in advance. The HHV has a lot of rooms and is probably the easiest of their Hawaii hotels to get awards stays at. You're best bet is to call the hotels and find out from them.
Old May 25, 2001, 6:36 pm

Originally posted by letiole:
I've had a lot of success using points at the HHV and Hilton Waikoloa. I've booked nine months in advance during some peak periods at Waikoloa, but I've also gotten award rooms during slower times only four or five weeks in advance. The HHV has a lot of rooms and is probably the easiest of their Hawaii hotels to get awards stays at. You're best bet is to call the hotels and find out from them.
Appologize for my ignorance but what is HHV?

Old May 25, 2001, 6:42 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
The Hilton Hawaiian Village - in HNL.
Old May 25, 2001, 7:14 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Just to give you a recent, real-life example, I just booked a six night ALON award at the Hilton Waikoloa Village for January 2002. I received my first choice of dates!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.