Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Glasgow Central {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Glasgow Central {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, AMEX plat
Just booked a stay for the first bookable night: June 5th. Shall remind myself to post a review after.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:30 am

30,000 points with lots of P&C availability for £34 and 12,000 at the moment.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

30k seems like a lot...!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
30k seems like a lot...!
Yeah.....I'm thinking the same?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:18 pm

30k seems like a lot...!
Originally Posted by wizla
Yeah.....I'm thinking the same?
I did think this myself when I posted that this afternoon. It's category five.

From a quick look there are some dates in September it is 40k per night whilst the Hilton which is a short walk away is still 50k which has lounge and possibility of an upgrade plus a better breakfast.

Liverpool City Centre and both the Brum ones are 20k. The only other Hamptons I can think of that are 30k are Luton, Gatwick and Oxford plus Waterloo which is something ridiculous like 60k.

Still worth a look when it opens though but it definitely explains why the HGI and regular Hilton went up a category last year.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
30k seems like a lot...!
Ye... that doesn't seem overly attractive for a cookie cutter Hampton, which I'm sure will be nice (as the other new ones I've been to have been), but still.

Cash prices are also higher than I had thought they would be, regularly north of £100. It will be the same/very similar price as Hilton Glasgow on many nights...

They must think the location allows it.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Ye... that doesn't seem overly attractive for a cookie cutter Hampton, which I'm sure will be nice (as the other new ones I've been to have been), but still.

Cash prices are also higher than I had thought they would be, regularly north of £100. It will be the same/very similar price as Hilton Glasgow on many nights...

They must think the location allows it.
It will interesting to see what happens when they open the doubletree just around the corner, two more Hhonors chasing the same Hhonors business!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
It will interesting to see what happens when they open the doubletree just around the corner, two more Hhonors chasing the same Hhonors business!
The DT is probably going to have to go in at 40k for a regular night based on the Hampton and HGI award pricing.

Looking at the cash prices there doesn't look a lot of value there on some dates, maybe I'm stingy but I can't see any value in a 30/40k Hampton room when the cash rate is below £120. Interestingly Accor opened an Ibis Styles in Glasgow last year which is probably a comparable brand to Hampton. Rates looked really high there when it first opened and I'd say they are now on average £30-£50 a night lower than they were when it opened. It will be interesting to see if the Hampton follows a similar trend.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think in general most UK redemptions are very poor value. 50k for one night at Hilton Glasgow is silly. That hotel is really poor...

With a few P+C exceptions I only redeem outside the UK.

The good thing is that Hilton have created a situation where their properties will compete amongst each other for business. It shows how different things are on a franchise vs corporate owned.

They will have to go some way to beat the Park Inn in terms of location, room quality and breakfast.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Staying here at the moment.
I checked in online, the keys were all in an envelope waiting for me. Reception wanted rid asap for whatever reason.

Hotel is an old office block. It has been refurbished to a very high standard. Everything is new and spotless. Rooms are nice, maybe on the small side. Think Hampton Newcastle - it's very, very similar.

Someone mentioned noise - can confirm noise insulation is not fantastic to say the least. We're on the top floor and could hear the night club down the street thumping till the early hours fairly loudly. This morning I was awoken by a passing band, it was like the drummer was in the room with me.

Will put up a full report shortly.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 3:23 pm

Staying here at the moment.
I checked in online, the keys were all in an envelope waiting for me. Reception wanted rid asap for whatever reason.

Hotel is an old office block. It has been refurbished to a very high standard. Everything is new and spotless. Rooms are nice, maybe on the small side. Think Hampton Newcastle - it's very, very similar.

Someone mentioned noise - can confirm noise insulation is not fantastic to say the least. We're on the top floor and could hear the night club down the street thumping till the early hours fairly loudly. This morning I was awoken by a passing band, it was like the drummer was in the room with me.

Will put up a full report shortly.
Yeah it was my who mentioned the noise. A diamond had posted a review on TripAdvisor and mentioned that it was pretty bad. Shame as these things really should be taken into consideration when converting and fitting the place. Newcastle Hampton is exactly the same at the weekend.

Do you happen to know if they have any discount offers at nearby car parks?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20
Yeah it was my who mentioned the noise. A diamond had posted a review on TripAdvisor and mentioned that it was pretty bad. Shame as these things really should be taken into consideration when converting and fitting the place. Newcastle Hampton is exactly the same at the weekend.

Do you happen to know if they have any discount offers at nearby car parks?
Sorry chrism20, I thought it was you but couldn't remember the thread we discussed in on to check.
I would say this was worse than Newcastle with the noise, but I haven't been in NCL for a while so maybe I'm just forgetting!

On parking - we got the train so no direct experience. I think I overhead front desk advising another guest that the parking was around £18 per 24hrs across the road at the ugly NCP car park which houses Pure Gym on the bottom floors. Pricy, but handy.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:04 am

Sorry chrism20, I thought it was you but couldn't remember the thread we discussed in on to check.
I would say this was worse than Newcastle with the noise, but I haven't been in NCL for a while so maybe I'm just forgetting!

On parking - we got the train so no direct experience. I think I overhead front desk advising another guest that the parking was around £18 per 24hrs across the road at the ugly NCP car park which houses Pure Gym on the bottom floors. Pricy, but handy.
I think it was the DT Excel thread in response to Wizlas visit there last week.

Worse than Newcastle? I think I'll give it a miss then. I spent a Saturday night in Hampton NCL not long after it opened and I felt like I was camping on the Bigg Market. Maybe I'm just getting old

Yeah £18 is eyewatering and can't be much of a discount, I'm sure the regular charge is something like £21 for 24hrs in there.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
" camping in big market " hahaha like it! ^
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20
Maybe I'm just getting old

Yeah £18 is eyewatering and can't be much of a discount, I'm sure the regular charge is something like £21 for 24hrs in there.
You must not have been drinking enough

I think it was something like a 20% off discount. Makes Hilton Glasgow's £12 seem like a bargain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.