Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2001, 7:36 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, there is an ES in BPC and another ES at Times Square!

I know the bartender at the BPC location!
Old Mar 30, 2001, 9:22 pm

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
NYC Hilton

I will have a stay at NYC 1 night 23-24/April, a Monday night.

Any Hilton at NYC is close to public transport (subway?) and cheapest?

I checked the rate and seems Weekday in NYC is really expensive...

Old Mar 30, 2001, 9:29 pm

All hiltons are close to the subway in NYC. In fact, everything in NYC is close to the subway in NYC. Anyway, I will be in conrad Hilton HK next month, any advice in exchanging US dollars in HK?

[This message has been edited by sergio (edited 03-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by sergio (edited 03-30-2001).]
Old Mar 30, 2001, 9:44 pm

Majority of ATM in HK will accept Plus or Currus so you can withdraw money easily. If you want to exchnage cash to cash or traveller's check. I would suggest goto bank since they offer much better rates then those exchnage shop on the street. Bank will charge you somthing around US$5 for services charge (I donno for exchange shop).

My family normally exchange at Heng-seng Bank, Heng-Lung Bank or Hong Kong Bank when we goto travel.

One point, never exchange at airport... rip off.

Old Mar 31, 2001, 2:30 am

Yes, mondays can be very expensive in NYC because you are competing with businessmen in a business hotel. Sometimes rates at the hilton can be outrageous. If so, try another hotel. BTW, what is the fee for ATM withdrawal in HK?
Old Mar 31, 2001, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
The Millenium (World Trade Center)has the subway right outside the front door. On a few occasions, I have stayed there on a Sunday (their weekends rates are often quite reasonable $149 - $169 range) and was able to get the same rate for an extra night. Maybe if you go a day early and spend two nights you will luck out.
Old Mar 31, 2001, 1:31 pm

All Hiltons in NYC are within 3 blocks from a subway station, including the Waldorf. Which Hilton is best depends on where in town you want to or need to be during the day.

------------------
He who dies with the most miles ... is dead.
Old Apr 1, 2001, 12:09 am

Thanks all!

I finally used pricedline for NYC downtown and selected 4*. I got to stay at Marriot WTC. So I cannot add 1 more stay to my hilton account but granted the price I paid ($100 including all tax and charge) for a 4*, I cannot expect anymore.

For ATM charge, I think it is set by your financial institution. Since I never use my US card to take money in HK, so I don't know.
(What I know is if I use my HK card to take money elsewhere it charge around US$6)
Old Apr 1, 2001, 5:57 am

Excellent price for a NYC hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2001, 6:49 pm

hilton most accessible to JFK

Just found from this forum that the Hilton JFK is no longer a Hilton property. I'm flying into LGA in the evening and will fly out of JFK at 10:45AM the next day in May. I was planning to use HHonors points for a free room at the Hilton JFK.

Which property will be closest/most accessible to JFK and accepts HHonors points for a free room ?
Old Apr 2, 2001, 4:37 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
No offense to the wisdom of the FT community, but HHonors reservations are generally excellent about figuring this out. They have usually offered me multiple options when they can, and their system shows hotels in relation to distance from airports.

Charles
Old Apr 2, 2001, 2:07 pm
Suspended

its now a BEST WESTERN. I think the only properties are in Manhatten. Try to see the cheapest bet LGA & JFK hotels. There is a Sheraton at JFK,Ramada too.Sorry I dont whats up at LGA
Old Apr 2, 2001, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold
I got the Sheraton at JFK for $80.00 ($60.00 + $20.00 AMEX Bonus) on 5/1/01 from Priceline on my first bid for a 3 Star hotel near JFK. You might want to give Priceline a try.

FYI: The AMEX bonus money expired on 4/31/01, so it's no longer available.
Old Apr 2, 2001, 7:52 pm

AFAIK, there are no Hilton properties conveniently located near the JFK (within a 10-mile radius).
Old Apr 2, 2001, 9:34 pm

Thank all for the feedback. I will check what I could get with Priceline. Worst case I will try HHonors with the Manhattan properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.