Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Weird. Stay posted but no points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird. Stay posted but no points.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
Had similar with a stay and emailed Diamond Desk with all my details. Quick response, but denied as they stayed it was booked through Expedia.

Followed up to say it was a points reservation through HHonors.com and reiterating the confirmation number and offering to forward the reservation as proof. Had another reply saying they checked and it was Expedia, so there was no point in forwarding it on.

3rd email with the reservation attached and a screenshot of my account was sent, only for another response basically telling me to hit the bricks as they had already confirmed it was through Expedia.

4th email was one asking to escalate to a manager as clearly something was not coming through properly on the system. Finally had a response apologising for the previous service and confirming everything and applying the stay credit and the points for incidentals.

It really shouldn't take 4 emails to the Diamond Desk with all of the right information to perform a simple task. With more stays seemingly not posting properly, I can imagine they are busy. Spending a few minutes reading and checking would be preferable to straight up refusal to investigate and copy and pasting the eligible stays information.
This is particularly bad.
(1) Was the 3 emails dealt by the same employee?
(2) Was it a human error, a system error or?
(3) Was there any service recovery gestures by the manager?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by PayItForward
This is particularly bad.
(1) Was the 3 emails dealt by the same employee?
(2) Was it a human error, a system error or?
(3) Was there any service recovery gestures by the manager?
1) A different name on each email, but responses were quick
2) They didn't say on the final email what the issue was
3) 7,000 points were added as an apology. I didn't ask for anything, I only wanted the stay to post.

It was a frustrating experience though, especially when all the information was provided and being ignored / missed.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
1) A different name on each email, but responses were quick
2) They didn't say on the final email what the issue was
3) 7,000 points were added as an apology. I didn't ask for anything, I only wanted the stay to post.

It was a frustrating experience though, especially when all the information was provided and being ignored / missed.
I can imagine how it feels. Not related, I have been trying to "force" this company that I have a subscription with to acknowledge that they charged me twice through PayPal. They just stone wall and PayPal closed the case saying they were satisfied with their explanations. It was an simple situation with records of being charged twice in 3 months apart for a biennial subscription (2015-2017). I have just logged another case... But I digressed. Good that at least they made good and attempted a recovery gesture without prompting.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I've had 2 in the last 2 months show up with blanks for points after being pending for longer than normal. I've just emailed all three Diamond email addresses so hopefully it will be rectified shortly. I'm finalizing travel for the rest of the year and would like an accurate stay count reflected so I can properly map stays between HHonors and Marriott (should re-qualify for HHonors Diamond on Stays and finish Marriott Gold Challenge with no room to spare).
My first problem was taken care of within ~3 hours (overlapping stays booked online instead of by phone). The second is still awaiting the property to upload the folio 1 week after the stay ended... it seems I'm going to have to contact the property directly for the folio then provide it to the Diamond Desk myself to get it resolved.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
I think this may have just happened to me.......had three separate hilton stays last week......my last one at burton upon Trent has posted but not the points......this was last Friday night.....I will give it another day and then email the diamond desk.
I emailed hhonors about this, they claim I earend 7.4k of points for my stay and i received these on 1st nov.......this ain't true, I watch my account like a hawk simply because I don't trust Hilton IT.......I know my points balance has not changed since the day before........now I've got to email them with a breakdown of the math since I started my mattress run last week......incompetence!
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Same issue here. 2 rounds of Diamond emails (VERY quick response) resulted in the following:

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are aware of the issue and our technical team is working on the resolution. The missing information will be reflected properly on your account as soon as possible. Please rest assured that this issue is not affecting your point balance, and the current amount reflected on your account is accurate.

My point balance is NOT accurate, will give them a bit more time to sort it out...
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Just finished a 2 night stay at a Hilton. (2 separate 1-night bookings at the same hotel so a 'connected' booking).
Received points for the second night but not for the first??
Also received 1 'stay credit' (which would be correct on a 2 night stay) but also just 1 'night credit'.
Grrrr I am so tired of having to chase them to get my points etc. :-((
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Just finished a 2 night stay at a Hilton. (2 separate 1-night bookings at the same hotel so a 'connected' booking).
Received points for the second night but not for the first??
Also received 1 'stay credit' (which would be correct on a 2 night stay) but also just 1 'night credit'.
Grrrr I am so tired of having to chase them to get my points etc. :-((
I have exactly same problem pending now for 2 months. I sent a request for both Hilton and the property and both have responded to rectify the points, but nothing has still happened.
It is sad, since the stay was superb and I would return, but if they cannot fix the points thing, I will NOT return.
I still wait and expect HH to rectify this, aren't they a high-end program after all?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:55 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

If you ever need a follow up on Points posting, please feel free to let me know - just message me your HHonors # and the stay in question.

Not sure what's causing the delay, but will definitely look into it for you all.

Thanks for letting me know!

Lauren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.