Wiki Posts
Search

How to escalate an issue?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
How to escalate an issue?

I have been trying to get back 40,000 points since they were erroneously taken from my account two months ago. Either I get an email saying that they weren't (when they clearly were) or an email saying 'we will research the issue and get back to you' which they don't until I hassle again.

Can someone tell me how to escalate this to a manager or a customer care department that actually cares? I have asked for this to happen but got no response (I am a Diamond member due to being a BA GGL if that makes any difference which it shouldn't).
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:39 am

Is the Diamond desk at +1 (877) 444 9847 not useful to resolving your issue?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Thanks, but unfortunately that is where this all started so I am not sure they are going to be of any use.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Call the Diamond Desk. If the front-line rep isn't helpful, politely ask for a supervisor.

Neil
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:50 am

The above responses aren't really your best option. Rather than relying on the DD, call Guest Assistance. GA CSRs are consistently able to resolve issues that are ignored or incorrectly handled by the DD.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
The above responses aren't really your best option. Rather than relying on the DD, call Guest Assistance. GA CSRs are consistently able to resolve issues that are ignored or incorrectly handled by the DD.
Direct line? I have never gotten to GA except through the DD and I assumed that was by design. But I would be happy to hear of a better way...
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Diamond desk is a waste of time most of the time..

Try this email - [email protected]
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - Can you explain what "erroneously" means? That may help with a resolution. E.g., was your account hacked and someone stole the points, were you over-charged and so on?

A laser-sharp and focused email, politely written, can achieve very good results quite quickly. If your account was hacked, this will wind up with their security team.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Direct line? I have never gotten to GA except through the DD and I assumed that was by design. But I would be happy to hear of a better way...
IME, any CS agent accessed via any HH phone number can connect you.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
IME, any CS agent accessed via any HH phone number can connect you.
OK, agreed in general. Previous poster seemed to be asserting that GA could be directly contacted, and I have never seen a way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.