Diamond Parking

Old Oct 10, 15, 12:37 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Gold, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, MR Platinum, others
Diamond Parking

The hotel I'm at (Doubletree St. Louis Park) has a section of their parking lot (near the door, just past the handicapped spaces) marked for HHonors Diamond members.

I don't recall seeing that benefit before.
Old Oct 10, 15, 1:40 am
2018 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
You can see this often at Hampton Inns. I do not think this is a "published" benefit, but as a Diamond, appreciated. Now what I wonder is how they enforce it
Old Oct 10, 15, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton
old "news"
Old Oct 10, 15, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mostly see this at Hamptons. See the discussion in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...iamonds-5.html
Old Oct 13, 15, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Originally Posted by ptownca View Post
Now what I wonder is how they enforce it
They don't.
Old Oct 13, 15, 12:39 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Gold, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, MR Platinum, others
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
They don't.
Unfortunately (as the hotel I was at had 4 weddings Saturday night, so it was full when we returned from dinner, as was most of the rest of the lot. I think it unlikely they had that many Diamonds.)
Old Oct 13, 15, 6:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
DT Hotel Maya (a cool property off by itself off of Long Beach, CA) has these Diamond parking spots. They don't really give any convenience as you are parking a good ways from the actual front door/front desk, but... ya betcha I used them, because Diamond.

Usually I see them at Hamptons though. I recall one on the way up to Everett, WA had those signs. My family had a good laugh as I ironically pulled into one of these spots even though the entire parking lot was empty, and it was actually a little farther than the unmarked spot in front of the door.

Then, upon returning later that night after we went out for dinner, it was pouring rain and the whole lot was full. I pull into my D-space, justified in my silly points games. Laugh at my D-status, now, will you? Bwahahahahaah!

TDM

Search this Thread