Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Large Hilton Wedding, Can you guys help me maximize rewards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Hi FlyerTalk Community,

I have been a lurker for a while and this community has been spectacular. I have tried searching but without much luck. Maybe someone can help me. Thank you in advance.

I am getting married at a Hilton property in the upcoming few months. The wedding is going to cost almost 75k to 100k and on top of that, we will be booking almost 70 hotel rooms and paying for them. Another 70 or so hotel rooms will be booked by our guests.

I have so far applied and gotten both the Hilton Credit Cards (with 10k and 15k limits.) These cards have given us gold status so far. I was thinking of using the citi card to get the two free weekends and then using the Amex card to get the 12pts/dollar. Also, I am using my Hhonors as the meeting organizer to get some more points per room that our guests book.

Can you guys think of any other way to increase our rewards? Also, I want to use these for a nice honeymoon, anyway to maximize the spending?

Thank you!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HiltonWedding
Hi FlyerTalk Community,
[...]

Can you guys think of any other way to increase our rewards? Also, I want to use these for a nice honeymoon, anyway to maximize the spending?

Thank you!
Well, the maximum base points (i.e. net of bonusses, promos and credit card points) that one stay can earn, is 100.000 points, aka 10k USD.

Other than that a lot of it is up to you negotiating with the hotel, see the Hilton Event Planner programme:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/..._program_us_ca
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Hi FlyerTalk Community,

I have been a lurker for a while and this community has been spectacular. I have tried searching but without much luck. Maybe someone can help me. Thank you in advance.

I am getting married at a Hilton property in the upcoming few months. The wedding is going to cost almost 75k to 100k and on top of that, we will be booking almost 70 hotel rooms and paying for them. Another 70 or so hotel rooms will be booked by our guests.

I have so far applied and gotten both the Hilton Credit Cards (with 10k and 15k limits.) These cards have given us gold status so far. I was thinking of using the citi card to get the two free weekends and then using the Amex card to get the 12pts/dollar. Also, I am using my Hhonors as the meeting organizer to get some more points per room that our guests book.

Thank you!
You should request a comp suite or presidential over your wedding dates plus meeting planner points for the entire value of your event which is total sleeping rooms booked and the wedding itself. They will ask you to commit to a sleeping room block, so be realistic on how many rooms will be actualized. Put in a mitigation clause so they have to try and resell the rooms before assessing any penalties. Make sure the food & beverage minimum accurately reflects your menu selections and remember it is before service charge and tax.

Last edited by cacic; Sep 14, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Also see the suggestions here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...questions.html
Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hi FlyerTalk Community,

Thank you!
If you can put $40K on either card, you'll be Diamond. You probably have to work with the hotel on that, given your credit limits. See if they're willing to take advance or partial payments (you can charge $14K, pay it online, and repeat to get up to $40K in a week).
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:54 pm

Get everything in writing from the property; promised event and room points can easily not materialize.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Well, the maximum base points (i.e. net of bonusses, promos and credit card points) that one stay can earn, is 100.000 points, aka 10k USD.

Other than that a lot of it is up to you negotiating with the hotel, see the Hilton Event Planner programme:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/..._program_us_ca
So make sure you get up to 100k in your name, 100k in your soon to be wife's name. Those of us really obsessed would be putting stuff in our parent's names etc. Leave no point behind.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
You probably know but you can only earn points/stays on one room per night. You obviously can do the card angle for points but the actual points will only be credited for one room.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by orr333
You probably know but you can only earn points/stays on one room per night. You obviously can do the card angle for points but the actual points will only be credited for one room.
This is incorrect info and should be corrected so it doesn't mislead others. You can receive points for up to two rooms per night.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:59 pm

As an individual

1)
A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the HHonors Points and HHonors Points Earning Style Option and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including HHonors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member may receive one stay credit on one room only. For purposes of earning miles for stays, miles may only be earned on one room only.
2)
The term "eligible folio charges" for Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton™ Embassy Suites by Hilton™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations® and Waldorf Astoria* hotels shall mean: room rate, food and beverage, telephone, laundry, payperview movies, entertainment and recreational facilities, and other incidental charges charged to the Member's room during the Member's stay. Dining room or other charges not billed to a Member's room during a stay are not eligible for credit. Such hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio may omit for purposes of point accrual, incidental charges by nonaffiliated hotel entities which are not owned and/or operated by the hotel including, but not limited to, food and beverage outlets, gift shop, drugstore, clothes, gallery or specialty stores, recreational or entertainment concessions. The term "eligible folio charges" for Hampton Inn by Hilton™, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotels mean room rate only. Charges in connection with banquets or other catering functions are not considered "eligible folio charges" for purposes of point accrual, with the exception of points earned from qualifying meetings or events through the Hilton HHonors Event Planner and the Event Bonus Programs. Folio charges incurred during an ineligible stay are not considered "eligible folio charges."
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:05 pm

Event Planner Program Hotels in the U.S. & Canada

1)
only the individual stipulated in the contract is eligible to receive event planner bonus points on eligible charges associated with the event. The amount of the event planner bonus points is within the discretion of the hotel and must be negotiated and agreed to in the event contract. The hotel may decide, in its sole discretion and on a case by case basis, whether to offer airline miles in addition to event planner bonus points on eligible charges associated with the event. The hotel may decide in its sole discretion whether the event qualifies for the event planner program.
2)
eligible charges include all event related spending (listed in the contract) paid for by the meeting/event planner named in the agreement (such as meeting room hire, catering, guest rooms, and excluding taxes and service charges). If guest rooms are not included in the event planner agreement, members who reserve rooms under their own account are eligible to earn points & miles® for stays in accordance with hhonors terms and conditions. if guest rooms are included in the event agreement, members who reserve rooms in connection with this event are not eligible to earn points & miles for the stay. The hotel may decide in its sole discretion whether the charges are eligible charges. A qualifying event may include, but is not limited to, any group or business meeting, events such as wedding receptions, family reunions or conferences contracted through the sales or catering department and sold at published rates with a required minimum value of us$1,000 in eligible charges.
3)
a maximum of 100,000 hhonors points can be earned per event. If the hotel elects to provide airline miles in addition to event planner bonus points for eligible charges in connection with the event, a maximum of 100,000 airline miles (or equivalent depending on the airline marketing partner) can be earned per event.
4)
members who hold qualifying events at hotels within the hilton worldwide portfolio in the u.s. And canada are eligible to receive 1 hhonors bonus point per eligible u.s. Dollar spent on eligible charges for the event. If the hotel elects to provide airline miles in addition to event planner bonus points for eligible charges in connection with the event, the planner would be eligible to earn 1 airline mile per us$1 spent on eligible charges for the event (or equivalent depending on the airline marketing partner).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.