Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What happens if you change 'My Way' preference after being upgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class

What happens if you change your My Way choice from breakfast to 1000 points after you have been upgraded to an executive room (which includes breakfast anyway) the day before arriving or when you have booked an executive room? Will you get the extra points AND the breakfast?
I read that some people change their choice when they stay at a Hampton Inn (where BF is always included) to get extra points...
This is actually a similar situation...does it work?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:03 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I read that some people change their choice when they stay at a Hampton Inn (where BF is always included) to get extra points...
Unfortunately you read wrong then. MyWay Choices are brand specific, so free breakfast is not a MyWay Choice for Hampton Inn Hotels period since everyone receives it.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:19 am

I've changed the my way from breakfast to points after checking in at a regular hilton as it turned out I had booked a dinner and breakfast rate without realising.

The points posted fine on that occasion, not sure how it would work if your were trying to get both though. I suppose it depends on how up to date the system is when they print the breakfast manifest.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
Unfortunately you read wrong then. MyWay Choices are brand specific, so free breakfast is not a MyWay Choice for Hampton Inn Hotels period since everyone receives it.
You're right... I must have read wrong :-(( but what happens if you are upgraded to an executive room and you choose the 1000 point as well?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
I was told by the front desk at a Hilton Garden that if you change after checking in you have to go to the front desk to make the change or it will go with what was used at time of check in.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Just tell them when you check in what you want. They can change it at check-in time just for that stay.

Neil
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
If you want breakfast and points, stay more and earn diamond. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.