Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Krakow Hotel & Conference Center {POL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Krakow Hotel & Conference Center {POL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
I’ve noticed an increasingly longer list of hotels where auto-upgrade once worked and now no longer runs. This one is has that issue. Has anyone had an auto-upgrade here recently?

To be clear, I refer to the upgrades that drop at 3PM local time 72h before arrival, and are notified in the App and by email.
The auto upgrade doesn't work here, from what I was told at check-in.

My upgrade to a suite was processed this morning between 10am (app still showing the original booked room) and 11am (upgrade to a suite appeared).

I don't know if it has already been mentioned above but the old abandoned shopping center has now disappeared.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It definitely used to work here, I believe it stopped somewhere around October 2023 based on my stays. Perhaps they turned it off. Is that permitted Hilton Honors Ambassador? Can hotels obtain an opt-out from auto-upgrades?

This would, of course, be quite limiting to Gold members and their ability to access the lounge.

I left today, what suite did you get?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:42 am

It definitely used to work here, I believe it stopped somewhere around October 2023 based on my stays. Perhaps they turned it off. Is that permitted Hilton Honors Ambassador? Can hotels obtain an opt-out from auto-upgrades?

This would, of course, be quite limiting to Gold members and their ability to access the lounge.

I left today, what suite did you get?
I also left today, had room 229. During check out I had a nice chat with the Front Desk Manager, who spoke perfect italian (not sure if he is italian or not, forgot to read his name on the tag).

Now in the lounge at the airport, waiting for my flight.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How did you find the lounge? My night was sarnies and soup.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:45 pm

How did you find the lounge? My night was sarnies and soup.
Last night the lounge offering was very poor: the only hot dish was a pumpkin soup, which I haven't even tasted. Then some canapés, some vegetables and two types of dessert (a cream with rapsberries and a cheesecake). One red wine, probably Australian, but I don't remember, a bottle of which I also found in the room as a Diamond gift, but I didn't open it and it will probably remain for the next guest. No white wine within sight, not even in the refrigerator. Usual spirits and soft drinks.

During my various stays at the Doubletree I don't remember anything particularly memorable offered in the lounge, which is a real shame given the standard of the hotel, but to be honest in a city like Krakow, with many restaurants for all budgets, the lack of the lounge's qualitative offering is an incentive for guests to explore what the city has to offer.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Last night the lounge offering was very poor: the only hot dish was a pumpkin soup, which I haven't even tasted. Then some canapés, some vegetables and two types of dessert (a cream with rapsberries and a cheesecake). One red wine, probably Australian, but I don't remember, a bottle of which I also found in the room as a Diamond gift, but I didn't open it and it will probably remain for the next guest. No white wine within sight, not even in the refrigerator. Usual spirits and soft drinks.

During my various stays at the Doubletree I don't remember anything particularly memorable offered in the lounge, which is a real shame given the standard of the hotel, but to be honest in a city like Krakow, with many restaurants for all budgets, the lack of the lounge's qualitative offering is an incentive for guests to explore what the city has to offer.
With logic like that you could be an airline CEO. We have reduced our Business Class meals but you’re welcome to enjoy our Buy on Board offer or eat at your cool destination 🤣.

That logic doesn’t apply to Warsaw, which presently has the best (Hilton obv) offer in the country and plenty of options in walking distance.

It used to be the lounge was good because there were a number of employees who were given access (as part of the instant corporate/ fast track). I guess that has dried up with the competitive market, pre-opening rates etc. A lot of redundancies are occurring and with home working, it’s not gonna get better.

If they’re not careful they will be targeting a market they doesn’t exist, guests who want a lounge but don’t care how it is and they want a hotel far away.

On the wine, you’re not missing anything, Iron Hills is the cheapest plonk money can buy. I bet the glass costs more than the contents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.