Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2008, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

anyone try to use the free companion ticket from the Citi card?

I recently signed my wife up for the Citi Hhonors credit card to get the sign-up bonus. Citi has now sent her a letter stating that, as a new cardholder, she also qualifies for a free roundtrip domestic (including Alaska and Hawaii) companion ticket if she books through "Spirit Incentives" and her paid ticket costs more than $299. To qualify, she's supposed to send in the "certificate enrollment form," which seems to require no payment or have any strings attached.

Has anyone tried to use one of these certificates? The extensive "rules" on the back of the form are vague, but this offer seems to follow the typical "third-party free airline ticket" set-up. Most importantly, they don't tell you what fares are eligible for the offer. For instance, once I get my certificate, can I keep an eagle-eye out for cheap Hawaii fares and, once I find them, ask them to book my the companion ticket? Or will they always restrict me to the higher fare-bucket seats?

There seems to be no risk in enrolling, so unless someone tells me Spirit Incentives is totally useless, I guess we'll get the certificate and see what it actually entitles us to.

Thanks for the info!
Old Nov 27, 2008, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Points/Stay credit on Citi ThankYou Points Stay?

Thinking about using Citibank ThankYou points to book an award stay at a Hilton property. Does anyone know if this is treated the same as an award stay using HH points (stay credit, but no points)? Or is it treated like a revenue stay with points and stay credit? Or do I get nothing?

I tried searching for this info, but couldnt find anything. Anyone here know?

Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 3:31 am

I, too, would like to know the answer to this based on experience as I have lots of TYP. I would be concerned that because the res. is made through expedia rather than through hilton or the hotel direct that HHonors credit would not apply.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:55 pm

Why get Citi card and not Hawaiin Airlines

and transfer to HHonors at 2 to 1. 35000 miles equates to 70,000 HH points. I know you don't get the bonus points for paying at Hilton, but if your just looking for a quick point bonus it seems like a no brainer.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:11 pm

It's not an either or thing.

And while you're at it, why stop at one HA card when there are two?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 1:34 pm

Citi Card weekend Award Certificate - Year to use or book?

I recieved a pair of the reward certificates for a free weekend stay from the Citi Hilton Visa Card. The certificate has a 1 year expiration. My question is, does the booking and the stay have to occur in this time frame, or can it just be the booking?
Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 7:55 pm

citi surpass $3,000 spend bonus

Has anyone got the AMEX surpass card and spent the $3K in the first 3 months to get the 20,000 bonus points? If so, how long did it take to post the points to your account? The initial bonus upon first purchase was rather quick and came before I received my first statement.

Last edited by Michael Rigby; Apr 4, 2013 at 8:13 pm Reason: meant to post "amex" not citi
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:02 pm
Suspended

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...erve-card.html

Likely an answer to your question in this thread.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Citi Reserve - Hilton Earned 12x this month?

I just received my Citi Reserve statement which reflects 3x points for all my spending this month (3,784 points for $1,261.28 charged) but also reflects 822 bonus points. As far as I can see my only bonus spending was a $91.27 Hilton charge which would mean I earned 9x points + 3x points for that amount.

I wonder if Citi upped the bonus to compete with Amex Surpass - their website still reflects a total of 10x points for Hilton spending (they call all points earned bonus points).

Earn 10 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on hotel stays within the Hilton HHonors portfolio, 5 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on airline and car rental purchases, and 3 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Citi Dividend Cards: 5% Back on Hilton Stays 7/1-9/30

I got this email from one of my older credit history cards that I rarely use in the a Citi Dividend card. I have a Visa card and my wife has a MC card and its valid on both:

Accept this offer and earn 5% cash back on eligible purchases when you use your Citi Dividend Card from July 1, 2013 through September 30, 2013 at:

Hotels & Resorts within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio
Car rental agencies
Movie theaters
Theme parks

Within 2 business days of when you accept this offer, or July 1, 2013, whichever is later, you will earn an additional 4% cash back on eligible purchases at hotels and resorts within the Hilton HHonorsTM portfolio of brands, car rental agencies, movie theaters and theme parks from July 1, 2013 through September 30, 2013.

The Hilton HHonorsTM portfolio of brands includes Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotel & Resorts, DoubleTree by HiltonTM, Embassy Suites HotelsTM, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton® and Hilton Grand Vacations®. Car rental agencies are classified as merchants that provide the short-term or long-term rentals of cars, trucks, or vans. Movie theaters are classified as merchants that operate movie theaters, including drive-in theaters. Such merchants sell tickets and refreshments, and may or may not offer advance ticket reservations via the phone. Theme parks (including, circus, zoos, and aquariums) are classified as merchants that operate amusement parks and carnivals offering mechanical rides, games and/or live animal shows.

We do not determine how merchants are classified, but they are generally classified based upon the merchants primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. Eligible purchases exclude balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, items returned for credit, fees and interest charges. In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another product, you may no longer be eligible. Unless you received an offer indicating otherwise, you may earn up to $300 cash back per calendar year.

Citibank, N.A. will be solely responsible for all obligations in connections with the offer described herein. Citibank, N.A. is not responsible for the products and services offered by third parties.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Question Re Citi Reserve FNCs

I'm looking to book two weekend nights at the Hilton in Ocean City MD. First try they used the cert for Friday, but said Saturday was completely booked so they could only sell me a cash room using my diamond status.

I'm able to book a two night stay for Saturday and Sunday online with either cash or a standard 50K award, but I am not able to book single nights because I can't book Saturday alone. I also can't book a two night for Friday and Saturday online.

Does this mean I can't use the certs because they have to be booked as two one night reservations?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
I'm looking to book two weekend nights at the Hilton in Ocean City MD. First try they used the cert for Friday, but said Saturday was completely booked so they could only sell me a cash room using my diamond status.

I'm able to book a two night stay for Saturday and Sunday online with either cash or a standard 50K award, but I am not able to book single nights because I can't book Saturday alone. I also can't book a two night for Friday and Saturday online.

Does this mean I can't use the certs because they have to be booked as two one night reservations?
No, call HHonors and have them book for you, if need be, they can call the property and override. Good luck. ^
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:11 pm

Citi Reserve VISA and Honors Mutual Fund

My spouse and I have had an HHonors Mutual Fund account for almost 20 years, and my spouses name is listed as primary on the account. (An interesting quirk in the log in system where my name never shows when our HHonors number is entered.) Currently we maintain Diamond Status through our HHonors Surpass AMEX where my spouse is the primary cardholder. I am wondering if I were to apply for the Citi Reserve VISA under my name (and our mutual HHonors #) if there would be any difficulty in receiving the HHonors benefits associated with the card (i.e. free night certs, Diamond status after 40K spend, etc.) Does anyone have any experience with this scenario?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by Redeemed
My spouse and I have had an HHonors Mutual Fund account for almost 20 years, and my spouses name is listed as primary on the account. (An interesting quirk in the log in system where my name never shows when our HHonors number is entered.) Currently we maintain Diamond Status through our HHonors Surpass AMEX where my spouse is the primary cardholder. I am wondering if I were to apply for the Citi Reserve VISA under my name (and our mutual HHonors #) if there would be any difficulty in receiving the HHonors benefits associated with the card (i.e. free night certs, Diamond status after 40K spend, etc.) Does anyone have any experience with this scenario?
My wife and I also have the Hilton Mutual Fund acct. (I'm primary). She opened a Citi Reserve earlier this year and we had no problems using the benefits associated with the card.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:08 am

My husband is listed as the primary and I have a Reserve card. I had to call to get the Gold benefit, and the rep from Citi had never heard of Mutual accounts so it was a bit of a battle. Ultimately, however, I was told that the glitch was actually because we had just lost Diamond status a few days before I signed up for the card. Short answer--you should be good to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.