Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dundee {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dundee {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Many thanks for the responses, sounds like it's not a great choice for a leisure stay then, but acceptable if you have to be in the area.

Uncomfortable 'two-singles-into-a-king' are a huge bugbear of mine. It completely defeats the object of having a nice big bed if you're curled up on one side of it. At the DT Sheffield Park I asked to be moved back to a standard double because I didn't want the crevice down the middle.

Think I might stick with the DT NCL and go for a wander in the Northumberland countryside instead.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Foltan
Many thanks for the responses, sounds like it's not a great choice for a leisure stay then, but acceptable if you have to be in the area.

Uncomfortable 'two-singles-into-a-king' are a huge bugbear of mine. It completely defeats the object of having a nice big bed if you're curled up on one side of it. At the DT Sheffield Park I asked to be moved back to a standard double because I didn't want the crevice down the middle.

Think I might stick with the DT NCL and go for a wander in the Northumberland countryside instead.
Gotta say DT NCL is a solid choice, I had great service during my last stay.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I would stay here again, especially if a good rate.
I would book the room category I wanted, and probably not expect too much. But, it is in a great part of the world to explore. So much to do nearby.
I think as long as you book a superior room you would be happy- perhaps then with an upgrade to a deluxe.
I never got a reply from the GM, but to be fair Hilton sorted things out well.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:08 am

Is there a lounge and is breakfast free for Diamonds?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by DirigoB
Is there a lounge and is breakfast free for Diamonds?
No lounge here. You will get breakfast free as diamond but I haven't been recently enough to confirm if that will be full or just continental.
Probably full as most are in the UK.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
No lounge here. You will get breakfast free as diamond but I haven't been recently enough to confirm if that will be full or just continental.
Definitely full breakfast here. Pretty good as well.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Great service from front desk

Hi,

Just a data point for the local friendly staff. ​​​​​​We were hoping to try this place out on points tonight, but had to cancel (a booking I'd had for weeks) at very short notice due to sudden illness.

Very kind lady on reception at hotel (Caroline), incredibly helpful, totally understanding, managed to reschedule for later this summer without losing my points. Hoping the rest of the service for the rescheduled stay is as human and equally uplifting experience. Top marks.

Cheers

SR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.