Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (new hotel in 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (new hotel in 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yes. Don't let the workspace language confuse things. You will get the room for the time period mentioned. Your use case is exactly how I typically use these rates.
Thank you for the quick response!
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Will have a stop here next week. Executive lounge reopen yet or is it still a space in the restaurant downstairs?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Will have a stop here next week. Executive lounge reopen yet or is it still a space in the restaurant downstairs?
Still downstairs as of Monday last week.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Still downstairs as of Monday last week.
boo thanks for responding though. Still order whatever you want from the bar at least?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:00 am

For those interested the lounge apparently reopened Monday. Just found this out when I asked at checkin. Only open from 2-9 with happy hour 6-8. I’ll post more about it when I go check it out later. Let me check in at 930am like always even though the place was full last night. That’s the one thing that makes the high rates here worth it is the ability to checkin right after a long flight.

Edit: a lot of peoples keys didn’t work to get into the lounge so it may be worth asking at checkin if it was keyed correctly to save the hassle of going back down. Pretty similar setup to what they use to have. Beer, wine, and a few spirits. Chicken skewers and some light eats for food. Probably not enough for a full meal but will do in a pinch. All self serve which is nice so I don’t feel like such an alcoholic asking for 3 refills.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Apr 10, 2022 at 1:32 am
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
How does the Hilton compare to the Sheraton?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:37 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Have not stayed in Sheraton but I value Hilton Schiphol Airport as the best Hilton (or DoubleTree or Hampton) in town. Marvelous breakfast, nice exec. lounge, and easy upgrades. Never have had need to beg for an early arrival either. Only a longish walk to the end of the corridor .
kirkwoodj and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by TTL
Have not stayed in Sheraton but I value Hilton Schiphol Airport as the best Hilton (or DoubleTree or Hampton) in town. Marvelous breakfast, nice exec. lounge, and easy upgrades. Never have had need to beg for an early arrival either. Only a longish walk to the end of the corridor .
Maybe I'll have to eventually try both!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
The Sheraton was recently renovated, (one of?) the first in Europe that has the new Sheraton style.

CIMunity: Renovation completed at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

"The brand's new design concept was implemented, creating an intuitive, holistic experience for guests (...) The fully renovated guest rooms and suites welcome with a bright, warm, homely ambience designed for productivity." Phooey!

The airport in Amsterdam momentarily has some staffing shortages in the lines of luggage handling and security workers. Guest are asked not to arrive more than four hours before their flights departs, if it does. Though I've heard of people who didn't meet with any delay at all and I assume 99,5% of passengers will receive there luggage before they are back at home.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any recent updates on the offering here, particularly in the lounge? Wondering if it’s worth the additional €100 over the Hampton?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:35 am

We stayed here last night. Despite declining a paid upgrade last week (we had booked a king atrium view) we were given an upgrade to a king exec room.
in the lounge there was some soup with rolls, pasta salad with olives and a fruit platter. All drinks were self serve.
we were in around 7pm and it was really quiet.
Old May 4, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
AMS Hilton

Here for one night post-cruise, on a points stay as a Diamond. I think that this is our third time.

Arrived about 10 am on the shuttle bus from the cruise. They said “no problem” with an early room. “Upgraded” to an airport view king executive. I did notice the people before me were not Diamonds and were asked to wait for a room to become available. I have noticed this quite often at various Hiltons with early check in’s and appreciate this Diamond benefit.

I put my wife on the bus to the tulips. This year the bus is on the east side of the parking garages about half way to the terminal.

The room is nothing special but comfortable and actually a pretty good size. Bathroom is quite large also.

Executive Lounge has happy hour from 6-8pm. Very nice staff. Food was weak. Beer was weak with Hinekin and an Italian beer. Spirits were self pour but low end. Nice place, tho. Up on the 10th floor in the usual place.

Nothing great or exciting but a solid place for a night pre- or post- a flight or cruise….and the best place to grab the 858 bus to the tulips this time of year.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 2:13 pm

Stay here post cruise and the lounge is pretty sad. Until 2pm, the fridge is locked so you can't get a soda. And if you get a soda after 2pm, you have to drink it there. You can't take it out of the lounge to drink it in your room. We actually got yelled at when we didn't see the sign and tried to take the soda out of the lounge. There are some odd design elements in the room we have. We have corner room, and it feels the cramped even though the room is pretty big. The bathroom is huge but not utilized well. The shower has a glass door with any threshold. You can put the floor tower outside the door because it swings outward and there is no room under the door. In comparison, we stayed at Hampton Amsterdam Centre East before the cruise. The Hampton was so much better even though it doesn't have a lounge. The good thing about Hilton airport is that it has a big lobby, so you could wait there comfortably for room when you get there early, and your room is not ready yet LOL. The Hampton Centre East has no lobby at all.

It is great that you could just walk to AMS. But next time, I think will try Sheraton instead.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Looking to book a day rate for next weekend. We arrive about noon and our next flight leaves about 9.30pm. The day rates show a checkout of 6PM.....any experience squeezing out an extra hour if needed as a Diamond?

We typically stay the Hyatt Place but I like the idea of being able to walk over versus a shuttle and the Hyatt Place blinds did not completely block out the light and we want to get some good sleep.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Looking to book a day rate for next weekend. We arrive about noon and our next flight leaves about 9.30pm. The day rates show a checkout of 6PM.....any experience squeezing out an extra hour if needed as a Diamond?

We typically stay the Hyatt Place but I like the idea of being able to walk over versus a shuttle and the Hyatt Place blinds did not completely block out the light and we want to get some good sleep.
As a Diamond it shouldn't be any problem to get a late checkout to 7pm.

I had to do exactly that on a day use rate earlier this year, 7pm was no issue, but when I needed to extend it to 9pm (massively delayed flight) they did charge me something (I think around another 100 EUR).

Also of note it was no problem to get a 7pm checkout at the Hilton FRA last month as well (similar day use rate).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.