Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Reichshof Hamburg, Curio Collection by Hilton {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reichshof Hamburg, Curio Collection by Hilton {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Arrow Reichshof Hamburg, Curio Collection by Hilton {DEU}

I think this property deserves its own thread now.

http://curiocollection3.hilton.com/e...HQQ/index.html

Currently accepting reservations from 20 July, brought forward from the previous August date.

Took a peek through the lobby windows today, if the lobby, heavy of marble, is anything to go by, then this will become a very popular hotel destination. They certainly took the renovations serious.

There seems to be a bar/cafe towards the front of the lobby, so they are definitely hoping to attract passing-by trade too (plus the hotel restaurant, including breakfast, will be the "Slowman", an independent restaurant previously located elsewhere, definitely with some sort of fan base in Hamburg).

I am very keen to try out this hotel!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Very much looking forward to staying!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond KLM gold
Great news otherwise trip from Berlin to watch St Pauli play.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:23 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendunge...ichel1540.html

Small report on the ongoing renovations in German TV.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Thank you for that video, treppenlaeufer. It is great to have a hotel with that much heritage in the hilton hotel chain.
Plus carefully restored - this is like double dipping (in the "good old hhonors days).
I am looking forward to stay there end of July!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
The property is open and a larger group stayed in various rooms over the last days. I guess they'll post trip reports real soon
In a nutshell the staff is incredibly helpful explaining the history and details of the Reichshof. We ended up being on first name basis with quite a few of them and at no point had any bad experience with the staff. The building itself is 100+ years old and has been declared a historic monument/building which means they could not just make everything fit as they wanted. For instance they ended up with 67(!) different room types.
We experienced numerous issues (A/C, not-functional keycards, slow WiFi (300kbps slow) but this hotel will be my go-to property in HAM if the price point is right. The sweet spot seems to be the 47 Euro + 12,000 points rate rather than paying 189 Euro.

Pictures:
Junior Suite (note: rooms differ quite a lot!)

Last edited by El_Duderito; Jul 19, 2015 at 11:36 am
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Thanks for the update and great pictures ^ , looks very nice! Will be curious to try it in future,
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:28 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
The property is open and a larger group stayed in various rooms over the last days. I guess they'll post trip reports real soon
In a nutshell the staff is incredibly helpful explaining the history and details of the Reichshof. We ended up being on first name basis with quite a few of them and at no point had any bad experience with the staff. The building itself is 100+ years old and has been declared a historic monument/building which means they could not just make everything fit as they wanted. For instance they ended up with 67(!) different room types.
We experienced numerous issues (A/C, not-functional keycards, slow WiFi (300kbps slow) but this hotel will be my go-to property in HAM if the price point is right. The sweet spot seems to be the 47 Euro + 12,000 points rate rather than paying 189 Euro.

<snip>
Nice photo, but i'm more interested in the treatment of elite members. And how's the breakfast? Full buffet breakfast for gold/diamonds?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Very nice, I will give it a look
Rates seems also to be not very high
Old Jul 20, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by jxd
Nice photo, but i'm more interested in the treatment of elite members. And how's the breakfast? Full buffet breakfast for gold/diamonds?
There is a German summary (not mine) here: http://www.einbaeraufreisen.de/2015/...rio-by-hilton/

Regarding elite treatment:
It's a mixed bag right now and can certainly enhanced by educating staff and customers. Based on GM feedback there is very little that HHonors/Hilton enforces.
Cash bookings by Gold+Diamond members should give you a 5 Euro pantry kitchen voucher to be used for drinks/snacks ala Hilton Garden Inn or IHG Staybridge Suites. If you book a suite however you don't get that (not sure why).
Upgrade chances will be slim since there are 67(!) different room types and very few suites. The larger (XL) rooms are nice, though.
There is no lounge.

Breakfast:
Breakfast costs 18 Euro (reasonable for the great quality) and is comped for Gold+Diamond members. It's always a full breakfast with eggs and pancakes made to order and I don't see how they could impose a differentiation.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:28 am

Just noticed this on the Hhonors site. Excited to see a Hilton property finally in Hamburg. My wife and I are there at least once a year so it will be nice to try this out.

Thanks for the pictures up thread.

Hopefully the elite benefits will improve with time. It's a shame there isn't a lounge.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by jacobac00
It's a shame there isn't a lounge.
Think that's going to be typical for Curio properties.

Otherwise I'm quite excited to have a Hilton place in Hamburg as well!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: HH D
Going to stay at this Hamburg property before October 2015?

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...?lp=curiobonus
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I just completed my stay at this property as a Diamond. Lobby, restaurant and bar are carefully renovated.
No door man on arrival (I am not sure whether they have any, but I spotted a person that acted as a bell hop), nice atmosphere in the airy lobby, very friendly staff at the front desk and throughout the hotel.
My room 418 was technically up to date. It showed into one of those seven light shafts. For that reason it was quiet (except for minor construction work during day time). There was one window at one end of the room that left our room a bit dim. This was compensated by excellent electric lightning: many lamps at many places.
Air condition worked well. When we opened the window at night the oustide air condition was humming. So we slept with the window closed what worked surprisingly well.
The bed was comfortable. However, a king bed composed by two singles pushed together.
The bath room was large, rain shower, one sink. It was a bit "bland", the only amenities were liquid soap (container at the sink) and shampoo/body wash (container in the shower). The big plus: the bath room had two windows.
The maze of hall ways is reflecting the hotel's old architectural structure (I love it). There were two lifts (and one more going to the Spa) so this involved some waiting at times.
The bar 1910 was a good place. The head employee was a bit sour (no greetings) while the other guys were very friendly, helpful and fast. There was no wine on the bar list, but when we asked we were offered a small choice of red and white.
The restaurant was an extremely pleasant experience. The renovated decor is stunning, staff attentive and helpful and the menu is on the far side of standard choices (local and often organic food). It was delicious.
In the morning the restaurant was more busy (and had less atmosphere). Staff again was great. We were offered the whole buffet. The presentation was good, organic food is stressed here, too.
Check-out was very friendly, too. We met Linda who has been working at the Hilton Berlin before. This added to making us feeling at home here immediately.
A beautiful, specifically interesting and centrally located hotel. I am looking forward to coming back.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:12 am

did you get any drink vouchers, like others did, since they don't have an executive lounge?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.