Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Reichshof Hamburg, Curio Collection by Hilton {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reichshof Hamburg, Curio Collection by Hilton {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Yes, I am very pleased with the price.
What prompted me to book was actually a Flash Sale my airline (SAS) had :
80 € CPH-HAM return.
So very good deal all around and I get to see the new hotel (I've waited a long time for a Hilton in Hamburg).
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Wow...leaving you a lot more money to spend in the truly excellent bar at the hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Wow...leaving you a lot more money to spend in the truly excellent bar at the hotel.
And/or the restaurant......
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:11 am
Suspended

There are much better restaurant choices to be made in Hamburg, I wouldn't eat there. There's a very authentic Chinese next door called Dim Sum (it's been there for ages). Doesn't look like much but the food is good. Hamburg has excellent fish restaurants, and very good Italians as well. PM me if you want information.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:18 am

Ok, thank you - I'll eat elsewhere.
I checked the menu and wasn't too impressed with the choices (or lack thereof).
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:22 pm

Hi All,
My last 2 night stay was in Hamburg, Hotel across road from one of the entrances to main station, on the left hand side.
Couple of people queuing to check in /out, was informed room was not ready check in guaranteed from 3.00am no problem left bag and went out it was about 1.30pm.
Arrived back about 4.30 and picked up key and was informed about hotel, went to room to freshen up and change has it was raining, room felt a bit cool so I turned up the thermostat. Nice large room with high ceilings overlooking the main road with station to my left. Closed the curtains to try and warm up room.
It was the next day that I noticed the Marks on the wall by the bed side table and stains on the wall in bathroom. Went down to breakfast, which was again okay. Nothing to set it apart from others.
Was in a hurry had an appointment at 9.00 and there were small queues at desk, when I arrived back at 12.30 I went to the desk and informed them of the marks, they said someone would come and look.
Changed and went out again at 1.30, when I arrived back later looked like no one had been up, when I checked out the next day they said someone had come to the room but I had a do not disturb sign on the door, which I did not. So I showed them the photos on my tab and left.
Enjoyed Hamburg, plus points for Hotel, very near Train Station. Nice lobby but still think Bucharest much more impressive, rooms nice and large.
Slight negatives were could not get the room to warm up, not certain about sound proofing, people above me sounded like a herd of elephants at times.
If I went back to Hamburg and the price was right would stay again but would not go out of my way.
So after 5 different Hiltons the best was the first night at Hilton Nuremburg.
Basset
Will try to load photos

Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:39 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
"Went down to breakfast, which was again okay. Nothing to set it apart from others."

People have different things they look for an value in a breakfast. A breakfast that is largely demeter/bio and regionally sourced, with in-house bakery items does set the Reichshof apart for me (not to mention the nice breakfast room, inspired by 1900s cruiseliner design).
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:01 am

Hi All,

In my original post Why I am no longer being loyal, I did state " I know everyone perspective is different you can pick up some facts from reviews etc."

I have thought if I was being unfair has the trip seem to go downhill after the 2nd night.

I will leave it to others to leave reviews, but I do remember one clear thing that was not to impressive was drinking coffee out of hard plastic trendy cups. and yes regionally sourced was also at Hilton Nuremberg along with a freshly squeezed Orange making machine.

Basset
Old May 11, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Any concerns about noise due to the proximity of train station ?
Old May 12, 2016, 1:21 am

Location: CGN (Cologne, Germany), travel agent, hardcore Sabre user
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
Noise from the train station is of no concern. Depending on the location of your room it will be either dead quiet or you might get some street noise. I have stayed in rooms both on the front and on the back of the hotel and don't recall even the room facing the street as being overly noisy. But if it's important to you just ask for a room away from the street.
Old May 12, 2016, 4:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by geilux
Any concerns about noise due to the proximity of train station ?
None at all.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:40 am

Any email contact for this hotel? Can't find any..
Maybe the GM email...

Please PM

THX
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Short TR Hilton by Curio Hambourg

We stayed with our 12Y old daughter at the Reichshof hotel in Hamburg in May 2016.
The renovation is a full success, especially if you see the pictures of the property many decades ago.
The combination of art deco with design is stunning.
Breakfast room has a lot of charm, the bar is a dream ! We loved the bathroom and the bedding.
Nice spa with two saunas, and big gym.
As already mentioned by other travellers, rooms are really on the small side. We booked an "extra large room", it was fine but we had a look into a normal room...really small.
Please also be aware that, beside the rooms facing the train station, almost all rooms have NO view at all (positive is you sleep with open windows !)
Some staff need to be trained in terms of politeness.
However, overall a great stay, a great property and a good choice in terms of location.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by ehud
Any email contact for this hotel? Can't find any..
Maybe the GM email...
I'll send a PM.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonors Gold, Accor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Does anyone have the email address of the reservations department (or could PM me, too)? I'd like to ask them for a possibility of placing a box of chocolate with a small card or similar in the room when we check-in...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.