Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buying Hilton Honors Points" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Buying Hilton Honors Points" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2002, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Smile Consolidated "Buying Hilton Honors Points" thread

For everyone "looking" for something to buy to make their double points threshold and not wanting to go out and buy just anything. I would suggest buying gift cards or certificates to the stores, grocers, gas stations and restaurants that you frequent.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 6:46 am

Programs: HHonors, UA/MP
Could you please "remind me" of the amex double promo. I may have missed it at the begining, but now that I have a HH amex, I'm interested.

Thanks,

------------------
Old Aug 28, 2002, 6:57 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sg7z:
Could you please "remind me" of the amex double promo. I may have missed it at the begining, but now that I have a HH amex, I'm interested.

Thanks,

</font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004959.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005018.html
Old Aug 28, 2002, 11:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
http://www.savingsbonds.gov/

Search "savings bonds" in MilesBuzz for some extensive threads on earning miles essentially buying cash.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 1:22 pm

you might want to combine your spending with the new www.ashford.com/hhonors site promotion, where you'll earn 10 points per dollar spent, plus your AMEX points.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 2:23 pm

i have a hilton amex. ...and a hilton visa...which one is this promo good for? thanks

is it targeted
Old Aug 28, 2002, 2:34 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">is it targeted</font>
Yes.

Edited to clarify that the douple points Hilton Amex offer for August through October, the focus of this thread, is targeted.

[This message has been edited by letiole (edited 08-28-2002).]
Old Aug 28, 2002, 3:01 pm

if you're talking about the www.ashford.com/hhonors, it is NOT targeted. as a matter of fact, you can see the offer and link to the site right from the HHonors home page.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 5:38 pm

One of the ways I like to earn extra points and miles is to pay my cable and utility bills etc. directly from my credit cards. It makes it easier for me to just pay one bill at the end of the month and everything is always paid on time.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 11:09 pm

Talking about running up the bill...

It is the best way to earn FF miles or HH points buying bonds. Anyone with a SS# can buy 15k EE and 30k I bonds annually on CREDIT CARD!!!

With the double point promotion, I'll max out my earning potential by laundering my cash flow.

The return on the money can be calculated like this -

2x 3 pts per $ charged, assuming a value of 0.7c per HH points, you get a return of 4.2c/$.
You also earn 3 months of interest if you cash out the bond after 6 months. If you time it right, you actually only tie up the cash for about 4-5 months. Currently EE bonds pay 4% interest annually. You earn 1% on 3 months of interest - and this part is taxable federally only. Let's say 0.7% after tax earning.

That means 4.9% per dollar for about 4 months, which translates to ~15% after tax annual return - that's true only if HH AMEX offers 2x points all the time though.

Without the promotion, the return is more like 2.8% for four months. This number translate to 8.6% annual return after tax with no risk, not too shabby in today's market.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 8:55 am

Programs: HH Silver
Buy a LV condo receive a million Points!

When you purchase a condominium at the Majestic Manors & Residences, part of Conrad Las Vegas, you'll earn a million Hilton HHonors bonus points.
They limit you to three million points for buying three condos!

http://www.majesticvegas.com/majestic_hhonors.html
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
Sweet, do you know what the price ranges are on the residences?
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:51 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by jakatz
Sweet, do you know what the price ranges are on the residences?

$710,000 to $2,400,000 is the price range. (subject to change)
Old Apr 14, 2005, 4:15 pm

Flip it!

I wonder if one could easily flip the property after the points have posted? I've heard that there is a lot of speculation in Las Vegas these days, it might be too risky.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 5:51 pm

I'm 4215 points shy of a reward - what's the best way to earn/buy points quickly?

Other than buying 5k points from Hilton for $62.50, what's the best way to earn those points quickly or transfer from somewhere? Also, is it possible to book a reward stay now and earn enough points by the reservation time or do I need them immediately when I book?

points.com, amex membership rewards, something else? i have tons of wyndham points, amex, starwood points, and usairways miles and rent a car every week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.