Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I can tell you that the Ali'i ocean front corner rooms are bigger than the Rainbow corner (xx01) rooms. The Rainbow rooms were a decent size for a couple.
I'm talking just non-corner, standard OV rooms, the only things I've stayed in at the Ali'i Tower.

I thought the OF corner rooms at the AT were classified as some sort of suite, no?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm talking just non-corner, standard OV rooms, the only things I've stayed in at the Ali'i Tower.

I thought the OF corner rooms at the AT were classified as some sort of suite, no?
The last 2 times we stayed in them (most recently 2016) they were classified as just regular ocean front rooms. If you asked for a corner room and got lucky you got one without paying any extra. They said these rooms were in great demand so they may have changed their classification so they could charge more for them. They are really large and have 2 balconies that have fantastic views.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
The last 2 times we stayed in them (most recently 2016) they were classified as just regular ocean front rooms. If you asked for a corner room and got lucky you got one without paying any extra. They said these rooms were in great demand so they may have changed their classification so they could charge more for them. They are really large and have 2 balconies that have fantastic views.
Yes, they have ALWAYS charged more for those corner rooms, I know because when I book my regular OV's I've always checked. But maybe someday...
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I am shocked every time someone says the Ali'i tower has larger rooms. That is where we stay all the time, and while adequate, I don't find them to be overly large.
It's good sized for a base level room. I didn't say it was huge. The website lists the Rainbow Tower rooms at 307 square feet. They don't list size of Ali'i anymore, but they are bigger than that. I'd guess around 400 sq. feet.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond

Ali't tower rooms are larger than Rainbow tower rooms. Not sure what you point of reference is but Ali'i tower rooms are rather spacious. Rainbow tower rooms are of decent size for a couple. The corner rooms are classified as Ali'i Corner Ocean Front Rooms. I remember that used to be called Executive rooms. These are larger than standard (regardless of the view) rooms at Ali'i tower. Corner rooms are Rainbow are of standard size.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:44 am

You're all correct. I just looked at the 3D floor plans on the HHV website. I'm just surprised. I guess I'll appreciate the Ali'i Tower even more now.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
Originally Posted by ultrasoul
Few thoughts from someone who has stayed in a number of Hilton and Conrad properties around the world:

1) If you have Diamond or even Gold status- AVOID this property at all cost. You WILL NOT get free breakfast. Instead you get a $10 per person ($20 max) credit which isn't too bad but when you are used to free breakfast at all other Hilton/ Conrad properties (such as Hilton Bora Bora or Conrad Maldives), not getting free breakfast can comes as a rude shock

2) No elite lounge and no free newspapers like other Hilton properties. They don't even use Hilton standard toiletries but inferior quality ironically in nicer looking packing (not sure if this is only the case in the "premium" Alli tower). No business office and if you want to do any printing there are charges regardless of status. Even worse, I had a replacement credit card expedited to me by my card company and the business office charged me $3 to pick up my letter. Ridiculous!

3) Upgrades are more a hit and miss. We came on a PAID conference rate (which isn't cheap at $375 per night) but still they messed up on the King room preference. No upgrades at all for our 7 night stay

4) Bad customer service all around and callous, rude, nonchalant staff from the pool to the lobby front desk (regular and Alli "special" tower) to the housekeeping staff that never straightens up the room properly or misses even the trash. Mainly staffed by mainlanders who shouldn't really be in the hospitality industry in the first place.

5) Hotel has 3,000+ rooms and becomes a zoo when there is a high occupancy which is most of the time. Don't expect a 4 or 5 star Hilton/ Conrad service. Quantity over quality seems to be the mantra here.

6) Expect huge push on their grand vacation timeshare presentations in exchange for 20K - 50K points per couple depending on your status. Even with AXON discounts, this can't even pay for 1 night at a Category 10 hotel.

Funny thing is that this is a Corporate property and they hardly follow any of the Hilton expectations set out for non-corporate owned properties- from the toiletries, to elite benefits like upgrades or breakfast.

Better to stay at a Westin or Royal Hawaiian with no status than stay at the HWV with Diamond status. You have been warned.
I agreed 100%, first time in Honolulu HHV and will not come back ! What an experience ! Expensive ressort and no benefit, sitting in my 1959 terrasse @ diamonds 16th floor. Well, I wanted to try and play it Elvis style
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by David buick
I agreed 100%, first time in Honolulu HHV and will not come back ! What an experience ! Expensive ressort and no benefit, sitting in my 1959 terrasse @ diamonds 16th floor. Well, I wanted to try and play it Elvis style
welcome to the world of equity capitol at it's best. Thankfully the Hyatt was sold to an Asian company so Blackstone and GS are gone from there.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Hilton Points for Non-Hilton Owned Restaurants on Property?

Does anyone know if you charge your meals to your room at the non-Hilton owned restaurants on the property whether you earn Hilton points? It seems a bit of a hassle to do this, as they have to call the front desk to verify you aren't a deadbeat before they are able to do a room charge.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by daveinsf
Does anyone know if you charge your meals to your room at the non-Hilton owned restaurants on the property whether you earn Hilton points? It seems a bit of a hassle to do this, as they have to call the front desk to verify you aren't a deadbeat before they are able to do a room charge.
I've stayed there several times and honestly can't remember.

But if you seem to know they "can" (by calling the front desk), why not? Who cares if it takes a few more minutes and they think you're a deadbeat? (I've been called worse ) (j/k).

Unless you have a credit card that pays you more for restaurants, I'm sure we asked/did it or asked/weren't able to. We'd always ask, I'm always willing to put up with a hassle for extra points. And if it is put on your folio, you should get the points.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
yes
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Thanks. I'd thought of calling the front desk but it seems like many of the people I'm talking to at the resort seem to be new hires and/or clueless so I had a feeling I'd get more accurate information on Flyertalk.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:20 am

I think we charged Round Table pizza to our room. They told you at check in that most restaurants you could charge to the room, but not all.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:58 am
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Hi folks, whats the final verdict on resort fees if HHV is booked on points as a diamond? As late as 2 years ago, it was waived for me, but I am booking for next week and am not sure if it's still the case.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Hi folks, whats the final verdict on resort fees if HHV is booked on points as a diamond? As late as 2 years ago, it was waived for me, but I am booking for next week and am not sure if it's still the case.
Resort fee is waived if booked entirely with points at any Hilton resort regardless of HHonors status. I hope that's still the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.