Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Conrad?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Maldives, Bangkok, Singapore, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo. Love them all.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:14 am

just had an underwhelming experience with Conrad Singapore. wont be going back again, room was not ready at 12pm, only available at 4pm, no room upgrade and average lounge. Breakfast was good with variety but lack quality.

Conrad Cairo gives the best service so fast, from the start to the end and the lounge was perfect.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Since starting this thread I've stayed at Conrad Maldives and have to say it's epic Hard to compare it to the others (at least that I've stayed at).

Here's my order:

1) Maldives
GAP
2) St James (London)
3) New York
4) Dubai
5) Hong Kong
T5) Bangkok
7) Miami

Next Feb I'll be in Asia so trying the Tokyo, Osaka and Seoul hotels ^
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Some
Tokyo, with Hong Kong in second but loses a lot of points for rooms being too dated.

The new Conrad Osaka looks like it might eclipse them both but have yet to try it.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The new Conrad Osaka looks like it might eclipse them both but have yet to try it.
Definitely excited to get there too!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Of the ones I've been to, here's my ranking...

Tokyo
Singapore (but that was in 2009 so maybe a dated impression)
Beijing
London
Hong Kong
Chicago
New York
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:41 pm

I thought Seoul was quite mediocre. Tokyo surpassed them with the level of service. Not to mention how slow their wifi is in Seoul
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anchor79
I thought Seoul was quite mediocre. Tokyo surpassed them with the level of service. Not to mention how slow their wifi is in Seoul
Quite ironic, given that S. Korea has the fastest internet speeds in the world..

https://www.fastmetrics.com/internet...by-country.php

But back on topic, I found the Conrad in Seoul equal to Tokyo in service levels across the board, but as usual YMMV.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
For price and service and upgrades i would say Bangkok Conrad.. I mean i just booked a 3 night stay in september for 100usd always get upgraded to a suite
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:31 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by anchor79
I would offer the opposite opinion. The suites at Conrad Seoul are absolutely fantastic and the hotel has a nice lounge. Never had problems with wifi there. My only beef is that the lounge is too crowded on weekends - lots of locals have staycations.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by escape4
I would offer the opposite opinion. The suites at Conrad Seoul are absolutely fantastic and the hotel has a nice lounge. Never had problems with wifi there. My only beef is that the lounge is too crowded on weekends - lots of locals have staycations.
I'm with you. The suite I had at the Conrad Seoul is the best hotel room I've ever stayed in. Plus I love the property and received great service there. Amazing breakfast in the restaurant too and a pretty decent lounge as well.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Booked a King Deluxe for next year at Conrad Seoul...the suites were a good 50% more and over 5 nights that added up to quite a bit.

As a Diamond what are people's experience getting a free upgrade from King to Suite at this property?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by jeffers
Booked a King Deluxe for next year at Conrad Seoul...the suites were a good 50% more and over 5 nights that added up to quite a bit.

As a Diamond what are people's experience getting a free upgrade from King to Suite at this property?
I got that a few months ago. Amazing suite. ^
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I got that a few months ago. Amazing suite. ^
Awesome, fingers crossed ^
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Brought this thread back to life because I have a BMG Conrad cert expiring in May.

I'm flipping coins between just burning it in Indianapolis for a one-night trade show vs. taking a flight to ICN or Tokyo pretty much just to stay for a day and then come home to the States. Any other easily-reached one-leg-flight destinations (I usually fly out of SEA or SLC on Delta) I should be adding to the list? I can fly direct to ICN, TYO (HND or NRT). Unfortunately, DL cancelled their direct flight to HKG, or I'd go to Macau - Didn't get a chance to pop over last time I was in Hong Kong where I enjoyed at week at the Conrad in HK.

TDM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.