Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2003, 3:34 pm

http://www.cavalieri-hilton.it/contact.htm
Old Jan 23, 2003, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Thanks Eugene- you are a lifesaver as usual
Old Jan 31, 2003, 3:22 pm

Help on Changing Rome Cavalieri award

Have a GLONP award here booked for early June. Needed to change it by four days later to match up flight awards. Diamond desk advised "it should be no problem-we'll get back to you".

Ticketed the flight and am now told the hotel has exhausted award space. What can I do?
Old Jan 31, 2003, 3:34 pm

Try speaking with the hotel manager directly.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 10:36 pm

The Diamond desk has always been helpful to me. Did you call the Diamond desk? The 800 agents are sometimes (although darling) clueless.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 5:38 am

I have been speaking to Diamond Desk the whole time. the Diamond Desk "special services" were adament about not changing.

Four days...? You'd think I was asking for the moon!

I have e mailed the GM of the hotel but I will call. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Feb 1, 2003, 3:15 pm

marlin -- You've got mail!
Old Feb 1, 2003, 5:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
I tried to book an award stay through the 800 # and was told no space available and that this was THE toughest to get into on award stay. I called the hotel directly and they were able to help me. The number is 011-39-06-35091. Good Luck!
Old Feb 4, 2003, 1:55 pm

Kids at the Hilton Cavalieri Rome?

I actually have a GLONP stay booked in early June. Planning to bring our young kids (age 9 and 4) who are good travelers and well behaved.

Question is this-the hotel is saying that they only allow three in the room-fire restriction? Do they enforce this?

Advice appreciated.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 3:02 pm

I just went through this same scenario at the Paris Hilton. They are adamant about 3 to a room. I cannot convince them to allow my one year old as the fourth. I am now asking if I can book a suite by redeeming 2 GLONP awards. If they say yes, I have a tough decision to make. I decided that I did not want the stress of trying to sneak the fourth person into the room.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I just found a few threads on the same topic WRT hotels in Singapore and other places. Every thread I found reported hotels quoting only 3 to a room with NO exceptions. Every FTer reported back that at check-in they didn't seem to care.

If I find some of the threads I'll edit this message to include the links.

Found one:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/006653.html

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 02-04-2003).]
Old Feb 22, 2003, 11:46 am

Cavalieri Hilton Award Stay

Have any Diamond members NOT been upgraded to executive floor while staying at this hotel. We will be late September and would like to know whether we will have access to lounge for planning purposes.

Also, do you recommend La Pegola for dinner?

With an 0900 arrival time on a Sunday to FCO, do you think rooms will be available so we can change before going site seeing?

thanks,
marc
Old Feb 22, 2003, 5:04 pm

We are diamond and are staying there in April, I will post a reply when we get back! I would like to know if we can use their pool for free also.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 7:48 pm

Sorry Il miss you!
im there in early may on a GLONP
Old Feb 22, 2003, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Hello,

Although I'm not a Diamond (only HH Gold), I recently had a 6 night stay at the Cavalieri, and did greatly researced the hotel before going.

First, the Cavalieri is my favorite Hilton. It's location (view, not convenience), luxury, and service is superb.

I understand that most of the time, space available, Diamonds will be upgraded to Executive Level floors. Regardless, Diamonds (and only Diamonds, unless of course you're staying the the Exec Level) will be given access to the Executive Lounge. This lounge is an essential part of the experience, and is great for breakfast and pre-dinner drinks.

As far as check-in, we were able to get checked-in at about 1030am without any problems.

I highly recommend La Pergola resturant. It is quite costly, however. I believe that when we ate their our dinner for two was about $400. It is worth it though!

-FlyerBeek

[This message has been edited by FlyerBeek (edited 02-22-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.