Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2003, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Yes , my dad (H Diam.) got a huge corner suite last month. With 3 Plasma TV's in it.
Old Apr 8, 2003, 6:23 pm

How was La Pergola? We are going in late September and have been waffling about eating there. If we do go, do you recommend before sunset or after sunset.

thanks,
marc

PS How convenient was the shuttle?
PPS Has anyone arranged transportation from airport to hotel thru the hotel? If so, how convenient and costly?
Old Apr 8, 2003, 10:27 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marq:
How was La Pergola? We are going in late September and have been waffling about eating there. If we do go, do you recommend before sunset or after sunset.

thanks,
marc

PS How convenient was the shuttle?
PPS Has anyone arranged transportation from airport to hotel thru the hotel? If so, how convenient and costly?
</font>
1. La Pergola is very nice, I think it deserves the accolade from food critics. For our family of three, our bill of 500 Euros is not unreasonable. I would put it in the same class as top restaurants such as the French Laundry. The high level of service, constant attention to the guests' needs, the exceptional olive oil served, the presentation of each dish, the marvelous dessert Pagoda, everything is first class. For those interested, I have a picture of the menu that I can email you.

2. The shuttle runs every hour, with a two hour break in the middle of the day. I think the first shuttle from the hotel is at 10:30, it stops briefly for drop off at via Veneto near the southern entrance to Villa Borghese. The main stop is at Piazza Barberini where it departs on the hour. The shuttle is very very prompt, and only seats about 18 or so, no standing room so don't wait till the last minute. The ride usually takes 15-20 minutes.

3. Private limo service is available at the conceriege. I believe it runs between 40-50 euros. They were not able to make arrangements for us the evening before we have to leave very early, since the limo company owner was not answering his cell phone to confirm that a limo driver is available at 5am on a Sunday. We ended up just asked the front desk call for a cab, and it cost us about 40 euros to get to the airport. During the day, there is usually plenty of taxis lined up at the hotel entrance.

------------------
International airlines seat desirability map
Old Apr 9, 2003, 8:07 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
tinkybelle, The following comes from the reservations page for the Cavalieri @HHonors web site. We're there this Sunday thru Wednesday.

Family Plan Description:
Max 3 in 1 room - no specific requests.
Confirm any available rate exept minimum.
1 room/1 adult = 1 person occupancy rate.
1 room/2 adults = 2 person occupancy rate.
2 rooms/1 or 2 adults = 1 person occupancy rate per room.
Old Apr 9, 2003, 10:29 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marq:
Has anyone arranged transportation from airport to hotel thru the hotel? If so, how convenient and costly?</font>
Hi Marq, I used their car service last October. I arranged it with the concierge beforehand and was met at the gate at FCO by Fabricio (who also drives the shuttle) and driven in a nice mercedes. The cost was €55 and was billed directly to my folio.

My parents did the same but as their flight arrived late their fare was around €70.

I inquired from the Exec level concierge about arranging for the car for the return to the airport but as I had an earlier flight the concierge pointed out that it would be less costly to use a cab (I would have been charged the €70). So the concierge arranged for me to have a taxi that took credit cards - it was about €45 euros.

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 04-09-2003).]
Old Apr 9, 2003, 6:39 pm

Thanks for the info. Anyone know the email address for the concierge to arrange limo? What time should I get a reservation for at La Pergola (sunset will be 6:54)? Can you email La Pergola for reservation in advance?

thanks,
marc
Old Apr 9, 2003, 9:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
Ristorazione (0039) 0635092055 (0039) 0635092165 [email protected]
Congressi & Ricevimenti (0039) 0635092000 (0039) 0635092134 [email protected]
Concierge (0039) 0635092040 (0039) 0635092241 [email protected]
Informazioni e servizi collaterali
Old Apr 10, 2003, 4:49 am

(sunset will be 6:54)?
thanks,
marc
</font>
Where can i find out what time sunset is in may?
Old Apr 10, 2003, 5:06 am

tinkybelle:

I have a site bookmarked (unfortunately computer at home so I will have to get to you over the weekend) that you can plug in a city (or lat/long I believe) and date and get sunrise/sunset info.

road king:

thanks. is the second listing for transportation?

thanks,
marc
Old Apr 10, 2003, 11:08 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
...is the second listing for transportation?...</font>
Hi again, here's the english version of what was posted above:

Wining & Dining (0039) 0635092055 Fax (0039) 0635092165 [email protected]

Conference & Banqueting (0039) 0635092000 Fax (0039) 0635092134 [email protected]

Concierge (0039) 0635092040 Fax (0039)0635092241 [email protected]
Info and special services

And here's the website for further info (check out the live webcam showing that specatcular view!)

www.cavalieri-hilton.it

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 04-10-2003).]
Old Apr 12, 2003, 10:54 am

Site for calculating sunrise/sunset and other fun stuff:

http://www.refdesk.com/factdate.html

marc
Old Apr 12, 2003, 4:27 pm

Thankyou Marq!
that is a wonderful tool.
Old Apr 19, 2003, 1:23 pm

Just back from Rome Cavalieri

Wow, what a hotel! We are diamond, stayed on an award GLONP. We were upgraded to an alcove suite, and use of indoor pool was free! The entire staff at this hotel is the best, Katrina at check-in was very very nice! I think all Hiltons around the world should send an employee to this hotel to take lessens! This was the best Hilton we have ever stayed at. The lounge is fabulous! Hope to go back some day.
Old Apr 19, 2003, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
Duly noted. Am planning to go there sometime this fall. How was the weather? Distances to sights? Modes of transportation?

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2003, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
You were probably there when we were - just got back this afternoon. Incredible stay. We were upgraded to a city side view on the 8th floor. The lounge was great as was the service. We checked in on my wife's birthday and the checkin clerk apparently noticed from her passport that it was her birthday. Later that night we returned to our room to find a cake with a Happy Birthday. When I asked the clerk the next day she just smiled and said that someone should notice these things! There was also a complementary bottle of bubbly in the room for us. I couldn't have imagined anything else they could have done to improve the stay. And - all of this was on an award. The hotel actually had no award inventory when we tried to set it up last December but the Diamond desk arranged a "special arrangement" stay where they paid the hotel directly thus avoiding the problem of no award inventory. If anyone needs their faith in the Hilton program refreshed - have an experience like this one and you will.

Regarding the convenience of the hotel for sights - it is a bit far from downtown. However, they run a free shuttle most of the day hourly (starts at 9:30am and skips the siesta hours). Also, it is only about a 25 minute walk to the Vatican so that is an option for there (but be warned the walk back up the hill is a serious one.) Finally, even with night rates (post 10pm) a taxi from the other side of downtown will only run you about 10-12 dollars so it isn't awful to cab it.

[This message has been edited by pdx1M (edited 04-20-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.