Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:44 am

Thanks everyone.

Couple of more things:

1) If I put the RWV on the field, would you change your minds?

2) To guarantee a sunset view on it would have to be either the SWV or the DWV, they would not guarantee sunset view in neither WV or RWV, correct?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by delmolino
Thanks everyone.

Couple of more things:

1) If I put the RWV on the field, would you change your minds?

2) To guarantee a sunset view on it would have to be either the SWV or the DWV, they would not guarantee sunset view in neither WV or RWV, correct?
You can request sunset side in a King WV, it's not guaranteed but they do try to accommodate when they can. For the RWV, I loved ours - we stayed in 421.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
The poster was referring to the SWV - superior water villa, not the spa / retreat water villa (RWV) ^
My bad Pineapple...it is weird that everyone on the board refers to them as Retreat Water Villas. When I was on the island, everyone referred to them as the Spa Water Villa's (while leaving out the retreat part). I knew there was something not quite right when everyone started coming out against them lol.

My bad! I would do the RWV )
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yes, and don't forget the diesel generator. And avoid 120 if you can - it's got numerous faults that make it more like 3.5-4 star than 5.

Agree.

The price difference is considerable. I suppose it would come down to price and whether you think it's worth it. Have you checked out the room types here: http://www.360tourist.net/view-tour/4250

Maybe 120 has a ghost )
Old Dec 13, 2013, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by soccerguy985
My bad Pineapple...it is weird that everyone on the board refers to them as Retreat Water Villas. When I was on the island, everyone referred to them as the Spa Water Villa's (while leaving out the retreat part). I knew there was something not quite right when everyone started coming out against them lol.

My bad! I would do the RWV )
They've only recently been renamed from Spa to Retreat (like in the last year or two) - so both names are still used by everyone
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:31 am

Solo traveler advice

I can't wait, only five weeks to go now! Unfortunately I will now be spending five nights by myself there, and wanted to get people's feedback as to how best make the most of it (aside from lots of diving which I plan on doing). Do guests generally keep themselves to themselves? It would suck to spend five nights without any conversation lol And dining in Ithaa by oneself? Any and all thoughts welcome
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I can't wait, only five weeks to go now! Unfortunately I will now be spending five nights by myself there, and wanted to get people's feedback as to how best make the most of it (aside from lots of diving which I plan on doing). Do guests generally keep themselves to themselves? It would suck to spend five nights without any conversation lol And dining in Ithaa by oneself? Any and all thoughts welcome
You won't spend all the time by yourself - the staff are great and very friendly. Go to the bar and you'll prob meet people from the diving trip you will be on. There are a few FTers who have gone by themselves also to Rangali so defo do a search on the thread to find tips ^
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Are you Gold or Diamond? I did three dives a day and got to know some of the divers. When we got upgraded to the other island, finally made it to Vilu for happy hour. It was great. There were several single divers and of course Hilton folks there. (If you aren't Gold, get the credit card that gives you gold. It's worth the free breakfasts and happy hour.)

I'll be there end of Jan, but I think I'll just miss you.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:07 am

Go to the bar and you'll prob meet people from the diving trip you will be on. There are a few FTers who have gone by themselves also to Rangali so defo do a search on the thread to find tips ^
Originally Posted by manneca
I'll be there end of Jan, but I think I'll just miss you.
Thanks! I am Gold, nice to know it helps I am there from the 19th - 24th. If any other FTers are there traveling solo PM me and we can get together for drinks!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:30 am

You can make friends easily at the special dinners too, namely the Tapas, Degustation and Cheese Fondue dinners.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
You can make friends easily at the special dinners too, namely the Tapas, Degustation and Cheese Fondue dinners.
yummmm, fondue! I don't suppose they also have Chocolate fondue on fondue night?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I forgot, when I was there last year there was a welcome cocktail party on Wednesday nights. Good place to meet people too.

I think I get there Jan 26, so I'll miss ukinny2000
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by manneca
I forgot, when I was there last year there was a welcome cocktail party on Wednesday nights. Good place to meet people too.

I think I get there Jan 26, so I'll miss ukinny2000
Welcome cocktail party?!? Why am I never invited to those? :P
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Welcome cocktail party?!? Why am I never invited to those? :P
I think they stopped doing the management welcome drinks this year, which is why you wouldn't have been invited!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; United Gold; SPG Gold
I think they stopped doing the management welcome drinks this year, which is why you wouldn't have been invited!
They may have started them again as they threw one this week. I can't remember if it was Tues or Wed this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.