Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Warsaw {POL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Warsaw {POL}

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Hi helosc,

Do hope you enjoy it as you are staying 5 nights, take your bathers and enjoy the pool.

Look up eurocar there were some bikes outside and I think you know Poland is flat,

Will love to try the DT Krakow but I will wait for your review , just think I can't be bothered with all the hassle of trying anymore to maintain Diamond, just left DT and now in Warsaw H but not my usual room and no FRUIT CAKE OR WINE and you would never have Jelly beans.

Basset
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Helosc

Hi Helosc,

Hope you are enjoying your time at the Warsaw doubletree, which one in Poland would you say was the best because you just stayed at Krakow.

Basset
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by basset44
Hi Helosc,

Hope you are enjoying your time at the Warsaw doubletree, which one in Poland would you say was the best because you just stayed at Krakow.

Basset
Sorry for the late reply - I haven't checked FT for a little while.
I just came home from Warsaw on Wednesday.
The Doubletree in Warsaw is absolutely the better hotel.
I was very impressed with everything about it.
The lounge is much better than the one in Krakow.

(I also liked the Doubletree in Krakow though. I was not so impressed with the lounge there though - for one it closed at 8 pm which is a bit early as I like to go for a cup of tea later in the evening.
The Spa area in Krakow is very nice with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.)

I really, really enjoyed the hotel and I'll certainly come back.
It's perfect for a nice, relaxing break.
I was upgraded to a very big room on the top floor (deluxe, I think) with a view of the nice park.
The room had a sofa with a table, 2 easy chairs, one of them with a table and the bathroom was very big with separate bathtub and showerstall.
I very much liked the window in the roof which gave a lot of light.
The room was very clean and there were plenty of toiletries which were replendished every day.
And it was very quiet at night even with the window open (only a little very distant traffic noise).
The lounge is excellent : 3 kinds of hot food (vegetarian, fish, and meat), assorted canapees, cakes. And the food was interesting and good quality.
They still serve red and white wine (but not sparkling) and vodka, gin, and whisky.
Very nice with the outdoor lounge area with tables and chairs.
The breakfast in the lounge is also fine, I only ate in the restaurant once, just to try it out.
Staff is very nice and friendly.
Access to the Level-Up Spa area (with the very nice Jacuzzi) is 30 zl.

Last edited by helosc; Jul 22, 2016 at 8:30 am
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Hi helosc,

Glad you enjoyed it , I am a bit disappointed I am back in Warsaw in Sept but have not booked to stay here again, will have to look at early next year.

Did you find it too far out of the City? I do like it for the peace.

Basset
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:13 am

For my purposes it wasn't too far away from the city. I actually liked the remote location - very relaxing.
And the public transport system is very good in Warsaw.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:08 am

Access to the Level-Up Spa area is again complimentary for Diamonds.
It says so in the welcome letter and I've accessed it without issues.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: HHonors GOLD
According to the telephone conversation Level Up area is complimentary for GOLDs as well. I will confirm soon
Old May 4, 2018, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi Al,
Staying once again and it is a pleasure to say that standard of this hotel remains high if not improved from my 1st stay over 3 years ago when it first opened.
I look forward to my next trip back.
Helsoc did you enjoy it?

Basset44

Last edited by basset44; May 4, 2018 at 12:22 pm Reason: Name spelt wrong
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Wow

We were planning to stay at the Marriott Warsaw but stumbled on this thread and based on the excellent feedback decided to give it a go.

Weve been blown away at how amazing this hotel is. We paid around 35 per night for 3 nights which is fantastic value taking into account the current double point promo.

We were upgraded to a room with a terrace and large very stunning bathroom. Access to LevelUp area complementary for Diamond members along with the excellent lounge with very large terrace. We had breakfast in the main dining room which was also excellent.

We also discovered the shuttle bus to town is free during the weekends.

Thanks for the FT recommendation as otherwise we would have been paying 95 per night in the city centre.

My only issue is why is this hotel only a Doubletree (my wife thinks Doubletrees are generally dumps after several bad stays at them). But this hotel is amazing and why is it not a full service Hilton?!

Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The point about DoubleTree properties is that they're wildly variable. Some are very good, others far from good. It's kind of a catchall brand.

WAW is one of the better ones and certainly can be good on the value front. For most tourists, however, the location rules it out.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Okay, I will do a Wizla, a live report.
This is my 3rd of 4 night stay. I really shouldn't say how good it is in case it becomes popular. Glad Mmorgan enjoyed it.
Booked basic upgrade to a nice large room on 2nd floor, can't fault it.
In lounge now 3 hot dishes of pasta parcels with blue cheese, Cod and pork pieces. Everything is tasty. Cold salad selection and cakes.

​​​​​Four Spirts Vodka, Gin , Campari and Grants Whisky. Red and White wine

I will be returning.

Bassett ​​​​​​.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:41 pm
vji

Doubletree Warsaw signed me up for an HHonors account without my permission

Hi all,

Booked a stay using hotels.com at the Doubletree Warsaw. Was a great experience.

My hotels.com email is under [email1] whereas my normal Hilton account is under [email2].

At checkin I asked if I could add my Hilton number (under [email2]) to the reservation. As expected, it was a no since it was booked under a 3rd party (Hotels.com/Expedia).

5 days after the stay I receive two emails to [email1] with the subjects: "Your Temporary Hilton Honors Account Password" and "Welcome to Hilton Honors". This was when I was asleep. It contained a brand new HHonors number.

Being curious, I decided to reset the password on that account (since I own the email) and log into the new account, and look at the personal information section (en/hilton-honors/guest/profile/personal-information/). Here I see my "address" has been set to a redacted address with the country in Poland. The account that was created for me has 0 points.

My questions: Why was an account created for me? Does the reservations system automatically do it if the email does not show one exists? Or did someone manually go through my information 5 days after my stay and create one? And if so, why?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Maybe employees get a small bonus when opening up Hilton accounts for non-members?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sounds like one of the FD staff was a Cwaniak (wise guy) and decided to game the system. I'd try to pursue it as it's well out of order. What exactly do you mean by the address being 'redacted'. Do you mean you see the address but redacted it for FT or you somehow can't even see the address on your profile? It all sounds very fishy and you definitely should not have been signed up without your consent.

If you can see the address you can PM me the details and I can check it out for you, as that's my neck of the woods. I'm not due to visit in the near future but it wouldn't be hard to get to the bottom of this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
No lounge no more

Noticed that no executive rooms are available. E-mailed and got response

Over the last year, we have been deeply focused on doing everything we can to drive our recovery – nimbly addressing the challenges we faced, rising to meet the opportunities ahead and leading with hospitality along the way.
Today, we would like to kindly inform you, that due to the circumstances related to worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, we are sad to announce that our Executive Lounge was permanently closed as of 8th June 2021.
We were honored to host all of our most loyal guests in our unexceptional Lounge.
We truly believe that this event will be received with your understanding and hope that we will have a chance to welcome you to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Warsaw whenever your travels bring you back to Warsaw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.