Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:40 pm

Location: CA; Husband AA Lifetime Plat/7 MM; HH Lifetime Diamond
My husband ordered his headphones and gift card late Monday, and the email acknowledgement said to allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Today he received a shipping notice, and tracking shows the package should arrive tomorrow. Nice turnaround.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I wrote and inquired of my years and nights. I received a reply within about 2 hours that they would investigate and get back to me, and six days later received the following: "This email is to confirm that you have recorded 9.4 years of Diamond status and 264 paid nights towards Lifetime Diamond status." I doubt I'll make lifetime!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
Is there a way to know how many nights a member has stayed? I like to figure out mine.
Contact Hilton Diamond and they will tell you
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Didn't Get Lifetime Diamond/Didn't Get 100,000 Offer

It seems that most diamonds on this forum either made lifetime diamond OR they received the 100,000 thank you bonus for their loyalty. I didn't get either one. Am I alone? I keep reading of people getting this postcard in the mail. I had a letter from Hilton 2 days ago and was so surprised since I've gotten nothing from them in many years. However, when I opened it, it was simply my new diamond card with a note thanking me for my loyalty but no bonus offer.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Diamond here who has received squat! Had a recent stay at the Hilton Long Beach, a hotel which opted out of the current promo with two colleagues, one diamond who got 100K plus the additional 3x bonus points offer; and another HHonors Gold who was working on the "offer credits me 50,000 points after 3 stays, and an additional 50,000 points after 4 stays for a total of 100,000"
Guess this re-qualified Diamond is not "A Cut Above The Rest"
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:17 am

If you read through that whole thread I *think you'll find you are far from alone. My husband is the road warrior in the family, and he didn't get a thing. He's logged 23 Hilton nights so far this year. I don't remember his total last year, but well beyond qualification requirements for Diamond. He got a rock. I think it's stupid and unfair to apparently randomly give 100K points to *some* Diamonds. Hilton knows the word will get out, and I would is smart enough to know that this will tick off the loyal members left behind.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm in my first full year of diamond, after qualifying as gold in 2013: again I got zip.

Could hardly expect lifetime anything, with about 140 nights in total, but still...
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
There were a lot of comments in both the original threads of Diamonds not getting either offer.
I didn't get either one, although I was considered as a 'legacy Diamond member' and offered automatic Diamond status for 5 years, which expires at the end of this year, if memory serves.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:01 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I was offered neither.
Hilton sent me my lifetime stats after 4 requests, 18 years Diamond and 865 paid nights.
Apparently not "A cut above the rest"
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:03 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Tomphot
I was offered neither.
Hilton sent me my lifetime stats after 4 requests, 18 years Diamond and 865 paid nights.
Apparently not "A cut above the rest"
Very similar, 15yrs diamond and 760 nights. No offer
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
I didn't get either, also. However, I had let my Diamond for the year lapse into Gold and got a 6-stay renewal option, so can't complain much.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Have been Diamond for 12.5 consecutive years and 647 stays according to the Diamond desk message I got that arrived several days after the promised response time of 7-10 days. Did not get 100,000 or lifetime but did get an email today offering me 1000 points if I change my PIN. Hilton really knows how to reward loyalty.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Diamond for many years, got zip.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
Talking

Diamond for 3-4 years total, and did not get the 100,000 offer or the 3x bonus offer.

My 1,000 points for changing my password have not even shown up.

Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by sethb
Diamond for many years, got zip.
Ditto.

I can't even get a timely response from customer service about a couple of thousand missing points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.