Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:23 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Free minibar items should not be a problem as there are Tesco and Sainsbury´s right outside the hotel entrance... My next stay there will be Wed-Thu and I will report back. Stayed there around 30 times so far and only once was upgraded to a suite, usually to a deluxe room. Decline in service quality bit by by bit has been distinctive during this year.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by TTL
Free minibar items should not be a problem as there are Tesco and Sainsbury´s right outside the hotel entrance...
But for those 3am snacks, it'll now have to be Room Service with a Ł5 tray charge + tip.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by TTL
Free minibar items should not be a problem as there are Tesco and Sainsbury´s right outside the hotel entrance... My next stay there will be Wed-Thu and I will report back. Stayed there around 30 times so far and only once was upgraded to a suite, usually to a deluxe room. Decline in service quality bit by by bit has been distinctive during this year.
One of my pet hates is there is no longer bottles of water poolside, so one has to trudge back through the changing rooms and into gym in wet swimwear to use the water fountain ........ so inconvenient!....the free sweets in the mini bar doesn't bother me as I rarely eat sweets but the yogurt does........ I eat low sugar this, low fat that at home, when I'm paying for luxury I expect luxury.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Does sound like a huge shame the direction they are taking.. I haven’t been in awhile due to the high rates and company policy but sounds like the hotel is now charging more and offering less.

While still leaders in terms of their offerings it’s such a shame to see a hotel cutting back so much. Direction from above?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:44 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
But for those 3am snacks, it'll now have to be Room Service with a Ł5 tray charge + tip.
Get the snacks before going to sleep ready for consumption...
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by wizla
That would be a huge shame if they have......that yogurt goes very well with the Bankside granola and the almond milk.......has anyone else noticed that this hotel appears to be changing from a great hotel into a good hotel?....... they slowly seem to be cutting back in every area.
It certainly sounds like things aren’t as luxury as they once were which is a shame.

@Winniesbestfriend said they thought it was becoming a conference hotel and if it is the deterioration in quality doesn’t surprise me.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20

It certainly sounds like things aren’t as luxury as they once were which is a shame.

@Winniesbestfriend said they thought it was becoming a conference hotel and if it is the deterioration in quality doesn’t surprise me.
I had a stay booked here for Nov 9th that I've now changed to Hilton tower bridge......one time I would not have changed as Bankside was extremely good but now I'm questioning if it's worth the extra Ł90 over TB for the same night so I swapped, plus the lounge @ TB is 6-9 , where Bankside is 5-30 to 7-30 IIRC ........ I guess what I'm trying to say is how long before Bankside becomes just a run of the mill Hilton?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by wizla
That would be a huge shame if they have......that yogurt goes very well with the Bankside granola and the almond milk.......has anyone else noticed that this hotel appears to be changing from a great hotel into a good hotel?....... they slowly seem to be cutting back in every area.
the yogurt and granola were definintely selling points for me! I guess all good things do come to an end. My last stay at Bankside was good, but not great- I did notice some cost cutting from a previous stay, but it sounds like it has gone even further. Hopefully they’ll reverse course if they get enough feedback that people have noticed the changes.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Hopefully they’ll reverse course if they get enough feedback that people have noticed the changes.
Indeed, I guess they will be using the review sites to assess this.

Currently showing as #51 of 1,087 on TA, which seems pretty impressive when there are many more expensive hotels in London.

I wonder if position 51 is better or worse than 1 year ago?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I have noticed significant changes with Hilton Bankside aswell which is a real shame as Bankside was our favourite Hilton in London
guest relations manageress had always been so helpful to us in the past
last stay this was not the case, quite blunt and nowhere near as accommodating as the dozen or so previous stays
we have not returned recently as the rates have been much higher in 2018
used to be able to stay here on a Friday and Saturday for around Ł125 a night
rates have been nearer Ł200 this year for Fri and Sat
ranking on Tripadvisor has been in the 50s and 60s range for a long time
maybe a drop in rankings will slowly filter through in 2019

Last edited by PaulH1; Oct 14, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:07 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Still my #1 Hotel in London - & so much better than any other Hilton (TB is close) - 3 nights booked for next Spring GBP485 all in (Honors flex rate) - very happy.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
I spent this past weekend at the Bankside, Friday through Sunday.

Positives: nice shower in the room, helpful concierge, excellent breakfast. Lounge was decent, food choices just fine.

Negatives: no upgrade whatsoever. Claimed to be full, but when we checked in at 3pm suites were still available. I was told we would be getting a "very nice room." Fine it was, with a view of a wall (7th floor). I was also told we could help ourselves to the minibar, which is free. Free it was and also completely empty. Finally, I asked for late checkout. We were first given a 2pm checkout and a manager then moved this to 3pm, although a bit reluctantly. We finally asked to pay for the 6pm checkout, which was granted at 20 GBP/hour. Back to the executive lounge: service in the lounge was mediocre to nonexistent.

I do not typically stay in hotels in London, or Europe in general. My main stays are in South East Asia. In that context, my stay at Bankside was nothing to talk about.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I am staying here quite regularly since late September and love the place, compared to almost all other Hiltons (and the 2 IC's) it is a great property, ticks all my boxes, service has always been good for me and it is a 10 minute walk to the office.

I do like the CP City at Blackfriars but the Hilton is better in every respect but for a few more minutes to walk to work.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
This is my favourite property in England.

As a diamond I have received upgrades on every stay. The lounge is beautiful, rooms are modern and also to a high standard, and the breakfast is great in the restaurant.

It is normally available for incredibly reasonable prices, and you can walk to the tube to get to the city centre in 5 mins, where the underground will only take another 10 minutes to get central - so worth it for the price.

The one very sad piece of news is that David, director of guest relations is leaving the property - he has always been fantastic and his passion comes through in the rest of the staff. Hopefully his replacement will be able to maintain the great service levels at this property.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Fabulous As Always

First time back since February and it never disappoints, This is by far my go-to in the capital. Checked in yesterday and upgraded to a jr suite. Service and staff are top notch as always. I took breakfast in the restaurant and service was excellent. We were looked after very well. The executive lounge this evening has a very nice, relaxed vibe. Got some work done while having some glasses of fizz and the selection of canapés was very nice. Might hit up The Distillery for a night cap in a bit. Staying until Tuesday and then it's off to Cambridge. I am staying at the Hilton Cambridge City Centre for the first time so will post on relevant thread. Looking forward to my stay there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.