Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport {GBR}

here is my upcoming tripadvisor review for those interested : -

Arrived here at 10pm on a Saturday (25th oct)...greeted as a diamond hhonors member and given 4 drink tokens but no cookie ( cant complain, generous with drinks!)......hotel upgraded me to a corner room 365 and this was huge, comfy and clean.....had room service and this was very good too!.....bathroom a little on the small side and bath was tiny.
slept very well due to 338 mile drive and the comfy bed........breakfast was good too, nice selection of hot and cold food, the normal Hilton affair.....parking was £5 apparently but they didn't charge me ?.......if I was being picky service in the bar was a little slow, they were clearly short staffed with one guy trying to serve everybody...he done well considering .
CONCLUSION - I liked it, its new and spotless, I would stay again and recommend .
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:38 am
cjd

Wizla, been meaning to start a thread on this hotel, but never got round to it! Have stayed here about 6 times since it opened and find it great for early morning flights we make to Amsterdam or Heathrow. Gets us in the holiday mood! A few minutes walk from the hotel and you're in the airport terminal and checked in. Always get upgraded and get the drinks vouchers for the bar. Think all the bathrooms are small. Restaurant service has always been good and you can get 20% restaurant discount by applying for a "thatcard." For short stays of just a few nights, you can pay and leave your car at the hotel, which has a small underground car park but for longer stays they give special cheaper rates for staying at the Long Stay car park. This car park is quite a long walk, but I'm used to it now. There is a bus which picks up and transports to the terminal, but I always walk. When it first opened, it was for a short while a Cat 1 and available for 5000 points, but even now at Cat 2 is still a good deal at 10000 points. Sometimes Points and Cash rates available for about £23 + 4000 points.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wizla are you sure you got 4 drink vouchers? There are normally 4 vouchers but 2 are for breakfast and 2 for drinks.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by cjd
Wizla, been meaning to start a thread on this hotel, but never got round to it! Have stayed here about 6 times since it opened and find it great for early morning flights we make to Amsterdam or Heathrow. Gets us in the holiday mood! A few minutes walk from the hotel and you're in the airport terminal and checked in. Always get upgraded and get the drinks vouchers for the bar. Think all the bathrooms are small. Restaurant service has always been good and you can get 20% restaurant discount by applying for a "thatcard." For short stays of just a few nights, you can pay and leave your car at the hotel, which has a small underground car park but for longer stays they give special cheaper rates for staying at the Long Stay car park. This car park is quite a long walk, but I'm used to it now. There is a bus which picks up and transports to the terminal, but I always walk. When it first opened, it was for a short while a Cat 1 and available for 5000 points, but even now at Cat 2 is still a good deal at 10000 points. Sometimes Points and Cash rates available for about £23 + 4000 points.
I'm the same have been around 5 times, and meant to start this thread each time... laziness took over

Lovely hotel, great service (restaurant service can be dodgy at times) and they treat Hhonors members well.

That Card very handy. 20% off in Fratellos and 10% off food and drink in the Columbus bar.

Ask for a corner room overlooking the airfield, they are big (bathrooms are still small though). The corner rooms also have electronic curtains that you can control from a bedside switch ^
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:05 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Thanks for sharing this feedback - I'm happy to hear about your positive experiences at this property! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
Wizla are you sure you got 4 drink vouchers? There are normally 4 vouchers but 2 are for breakfast and 2 for drinks.
Yep, 6 vouchers .....2 breakfast 4 drinks...... FD gave me two extra as way of apology as no cookies left.......I thought that was quite good of them, I'd rather a couple of beers over a cookie any day.....ordered room service and popped down to bar to get 4 bottles of bud ( tops on).....had 2 with my meal the other two are still in my tour bag.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
GM here is good and had a good handle on things.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Good to hear another positive review for this DT. I stay regularly and it's absolutely spot-on. Very consistent experiences.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Skimanant
GM here is good and had a good handle on things.
Yes mate, I liked it........pretty faultless stay....a lot of other Hilton's could learn from way the GM runs things here.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by wizla
Yes mate, I liked it........pretty faultless stay....a lot of other Hilton's could learn from way the GM runs things here.
...such as Hilton Newcastle Gateshead down the road

But yes, the Doubletree is a very well run hotel. I wish it was closer to us.^
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
[QUOTE=lifetimeblue;23827735]...such as Hilton Newcastle Gateshead down the road

+1.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for sharing this feedback - I'm happy to hear about your positive experiences at this property! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Well+1 from here, another positive experience and +1 for the GM
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum
Doubletree by Hilton newcastle airport - reviews and trip reports.

+1 and another happy diamond member at this property last week
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I've had about 25 nights here this year and its a doubletree i'd recommend for sure.

Parking has recently gone up to £6 a night which is a bit of a pain but i guess that close to an airport its hard to deal with that any differently.

Front desk have always been very friendly and helpful and remembering my name etc which is a nice touch, probably my favourite hotel on my business travels in recent memory and there's something about those beds that i never want to get out of them

Plus points for me are:-

- Proximity to Metro so you're in Newcastle centre in about 22/23 mins or a £15-20 cab back if you miss the last metro.
- Drink / Breakfast vouchers and in room fruit for diamonds
- Working fridge in the room
- High speed internet separate to standard guests for diamonds
- Nice onsite restaurant in fratellos(sp?)
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Nice to find this thread this morning. Staying here in a few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.