Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Why Does Hilton.com even bother with the "Remember Me" button?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I swear, no matter how many times I click it, every time I open up a tab and type in Hilton.com, my user name and password are gone and have to be reentered.

I know it's not the biggest problem with Hilton.com but it's still annoying
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by CMK10
I swear, no matter how many times I click it, every time I open up a tab and type in Hilton.com, my user name and password are gone and have to be reentered.

I know it's not the biggest problem with Hilton.com but it's still annoying
The Remember Me only remembers your username.

If you want the website to remember both your username and password you need to store it in your browser of choice...most of them do that nowadays. Or use a program like LastPass to store your web credentials.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HansGruber
The Remember Me only remembers your username.
It doesn't even do that though, every time I go back, my user name field is blank and the Remember Me box is unchecked.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On one of the other hotel sites, the remember me check box only works for material that is entered AFTER the box is checked. Similarly, and more significantly, entering material and then unchecking the box before proceeding means that the information *is* remembered, with the check being the default. So with that chain, it's all too easy to inadvertently leave account information on a public computer.

Could the same thing be happening in reverse to the OP on Hilton's site?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:26 am

It doesn't even do that though, every time I go back, my user name field is blank and the Remember Me box is unchecked.
It seems about 50/50 for me. Sometimes it's remembered. Sometimes it isn't. Finally I just stored it in Chrome so I didn't have to bother typing it in.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
It's a diamond-only benefit and subject to availability.

Neil
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sky Miles Plat
Remember Me

It does the same with my AAA number. About 75% of the time its populated when I make a reservation but the other 25% its missing.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by tschwartz
It does the same with my AAA number. About 75% of the time its populated when I make a reservation but the other 25% its missing.
That could be due to the previous reservation: if the AAA rate isn't available (or you used a different rate), you might have to blank out the AAA number (or it's done for you) and next time it doesn't show up.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missamo80
It's a diamond-only benefit and subject to availability.

Neil
So there are benefits for going from Gold to Diamond?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you have cookies disabled in your browser?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
So there are benefits for going from Gold to Diamond?
I did say "subject to availability". I've never, personally, had the darn setting work!

Neil
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I do a lot of web programming myself and I cannot understand how the Hilton programmers can't get this right after many years. I wouldn't know how to mess up saving a simple cookie if I tried. I can't think of another website that has the problem.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by tschwartz
If you log on to the web site and go to My Profile - Personal Information - Special Accounts and Rates, you can fill in all these types of membership numbers and they will populate as appropriate when you make a reservation (as long as you check the box for one of the rates on the page where you can select the type of room and rate you are looking for).
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013
If you log on to the web site and go to My Profile - Personal Information - Special Accounts and Rates, you can fill in all these types of membership numbers and they will populate as appropriate when you make a reservation (as long as you check the box for one of the rates on the page where you can select the type of room and rate you are looking for).
They are SUPPOSED to populate every time. I find that occasionally I have to manually enter my AAA number. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Which is pretty much the gripe about all of Hilton's IT/Marketing services.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
It never works for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.