Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton London-Croydon {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton London-Croydon {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Arrow Hampton by Hilton London-Croydon {GBR}

Easy enough thread - staying here in a few weeks time on points. Have an early flight from Gatwick in the morning so have chosen this as it's right near East Croydon station. (Gatwick Hampton I felt was overpriced on points)

Anyone got any feedback, tips, recommendations? Yet to be disappointed with a UK Hampton so hoping for a trouble free stay.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:32 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Hampton by Hilton Croydon

Hi. Stayed here couple times. Nice new hotel and great staff. They gave me few free treats as I had been out for a run . There is waitrons evening corner where I got food for dinner. Breakfast usual affair. Rooms nice. I had top floor corner room facing railway. More to see. It was quiet. It's a nice place
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The one tip I can add is, assuming you are arriving by rail at East Croydon station, look left, as you face London, you'll see the hotel tower quite clearly, then you will notice East Croydon's second exit up a footbridge over the tracks. This gets you from station to the hotel very quickly. Which means this hotel is a good place for LGW/LHR transfers, not least for being at the end (just about) of Oysterland. It was fine for me, perhaps a bit better than the Hampton built into North Terminal Gatwick, though both are fine, and Croydon can be very inexpensive / good for redemptions.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
...East Croydon's second exit up a footbridge over the tracks. This gets you from station to the hotel very quickly...
Thanks, I know the footbridge you mean - the northerly of the two. Will place myself in one of the rear carriages for a speedy exit!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: The Embassy
As per my wife: "well it's certainly not the Conrad, is it"

Seems nice enough though. Restaurant on the 1st floor is "Indo-Chinese", which covers ... a few bases. Perfectly edible food though. You can't leave a tip on the bill in the restaurant, so if you've left your wallet upstairs, and want to leave a tip, expect a long round-trip.

Anyone familiar with the area will not be surprised that other guests are pretty desperate-looking characters.

Staff were excellent.

In the unlikely event I am overnighting in Croyden again, it's probably good enough.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Hampton Inn - Croydon (London UK)

Is this a good location for Gatwick? Has anyone ever stayed here catching a flight from nearby Gatwick? I have heard it is easy to get to Gatwick by train, but staying here allows closer access to Central London the day before.

I would be interested to here any thoughts on the property - or if the Hampton at Gatwick is better/worse.

Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by CX828
Is this a good location for Gatwick? Has anyone ever stayed here catching a flight from nearby Gatwick? I have heard it is easy to get to Gatwick by train, but staying here allows closer access to Central London the day before.

I would be interested to here any thoughts on the property - or if the Hampton at Gatwick is better/worse.

Thanks
Hello there.

I hope this helps you.

Having stayed at the HBH Croydon, you are a short walk away from East Croydon Railway Station that will take you directly to Gatwick Airport in under twenty minutes (rail works permitting). You will not have a problem if there are no rail works, but you might if there are.

I've also stayed at the HBH Gatwick Airport (located at the North Terminal). An excellent hotel, complete with onsite restaurant for dinner, if needed. I can't fault this hotel either.

Staff at both hotels are excellent

If you have a relatively early start from Gatwick, I'd recommend staying at Gatwick (you get directly from London Victoria to Gatwick, by rail, if needed).

I cannot comment about either hotel being better/worse, but all I can say is that they are both of a very high standard and vastly superior to some of their counterparts in the USA.

Hope this helps. Safe travels and a very Happy New Year.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Staying here Saturday as night out planned with friends nearby. Any Recommendation for best view, was thinking north as may see a bit of London skyline?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysonBA663
Staying here Saturday as night out planned with friends nearby. Any Recommendation for best view, was thinking north as may see a bit of London skyline?
You're a long way from London skyline!

Nice enough hotel, but from what I remember there are no views worth thinking about from any direction. You're surrounded by roads, industrial estate etc.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:05 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
You're surrounded by suburban residential sprawl. To the north, Beulah Hill and Norwood Hill are in the way, but not too sure about the relative heights of things.

South there may be some nice countryside if it isn't blocked by other buildings and you arrive before sunset
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DrTom
You're a long way from London skyline!
Not really. I had nice views of the London skyline from the HGI Hatton Cross the other day. Rather surprised actually, one tends to associate such things with Chicago, New York, etc. (Croydon is closer to the City than Hatton Cross)

This hotel isn't really tall enough to see over the suburban sprawl and various hills, which is why you don't see much of anything.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:06 pm

Thanks all, I have a few hours to kill tomorrow before things start so the view is perhaps more important than you might think - and the view of a city can be surprisingly interesting for rural people like myself!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Thanks all, I have a few hours to kill tomorrow before things start so the view is perhaps more important than you might think - and the view of a city can be surprisingly interesting for rural people like myself!
Up the road from hotel you have Boxpark......amazing different food from around the world.....worth a look if you have time!
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:49 am

I’m going there later on in the evening - the plan is to have a rest /chill first as it’s been a long week !
wizla likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I’m going there later on in the evening - the plan is to have a rest /chill first as it’s been a long week !
You won't regret it, amazing choice of food!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.