Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich Airport {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Arrow Hilton Munich Airport {DEU}

Back in Feb Hilton signed an agreement which will see it rebrand a 389-key Kempinski hotel within Munich Airport under its flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand.

The hotel is showing up on Hilton.com with this statment "This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival January 1, 2015 and beyond."

Looking to book for Jan /Feb but the only rate showing up is the RACK rate of over 419 € a night and not showing any HHonors Points bookings for any night, ever. Web page is showing it as a Cat 8 hotel (40,000 to 70,000 Points)

Why would they even show these out of the world rates and not just wait to open up for bookings?

HHonorsRepresentative ? Can you look into this? Would be great to be able to start booking at this hotel.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:17 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by little_dc
Back in Feb Hilton signed an agreement which will see it rebrand a 389-key Kempinski hotel within Munich Airport under its flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand.

The hotel is showing up on Hilton.com with this statment "This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival January 1, 2015 and beyond."

Looking to book for Jan /Feb but the only rate showing up is the RACK rate of over 419 € a night and not showing any HHonors Points bookings for any night, ever. Web page is showing it as a Cat 8 hotel (40,000 to 70,000 Points)

Why would they even show these out of the world rates and not just wait to open up for bookings?

HHonorsRepresentative ? Can you look into this? Would be great to be able to start booking at this hotel.
Hi there,

I have reached out to my team about this property and will let you know as soon as I'm provided more info!

Cheers,
Anthony
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:01 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by little_dc

Hi there,

After reaching out to my team, I have been notified that the hotel has not released availability for booking with HHonors points at this time. I have not been given any additional information but have been informed that this information will be available closer to the opening date.

If I am given any further information regarding this property, I will let you know!

Thanks,
Anthony
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Looks like there will be no exec lounge at the rebranded Hilton Munich Airport.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Looks like there will be no exec lounge at the rebranded Hilton Munich Airport.
Thats OK with me as it would only be used when Im inbounding in the evening and all the US bound flights have already left. Better then having to pay for a shuttle or taxi to all those so called other Munich Airport Hotels
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
The Hilton team at the Hilton MUC airport is posting some behind the scenes photos of how it is to "become a Hilton" on facebook

They also put the Hilton sign up for a few minutes a few days ago... They are getting ready for JAN 1

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hilto...22948137747575
Old May 9, 2015, 3:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
extension

A 40 million Euros extension of the Hilton Munich Airport started this week, increasing the number of bedrooms by nearly 50%. Opening planned for 2017. http://mobil.wochenblatt.de/nachrichten/erding/regionales/art1150,304935
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:39 pm

Trip report

Stayed here last night as Diamond, for the first time since it changed brands.
Rooms are comfortable but not luxurious. Furnishing seems sparse, there are large 'empty' areas. I don't think it's changed since Kempinski days.

There is no lounge - reception thought there may be one some time in the future. I was offered to take 2 drinks and 2 snacks from minibar instead. Only problem was that there were no snacks at all in minibar...these were replenished when I called. I got the impression that it would be OK to take a bit more, they would not charge. I did not get a room upgrade as far as I could see (was in a basic room).
Was given free premium wi-fi access, which worked fast and well.
Breakfast was Germany Hilton standard, ie pretty good. I have always been quite happy with Hilton breakfasts in Germany.
Overall hotel was fine, if nothing exciting. Generally rates seem to be very high, I guess you are paying for convenience - hotel is connected directly to the airport and only 2 minutes walk from terminal 2.

One thing to note is that for the first time ever at a Hilton I was asked for my corporate ID since a booked a corporate rate. No problem, but be warned in case you use codes you are not entitled to...
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by 2035
Overall hotel was fine, if nothing exciting. Generally rates seem to be very high, I guess you are paying for convenience - hotel is connected directly to the airport and only 2 minutes walk from terminal 2.

Agree the rates are high. The 3 times I've used this hotel since it transitioned over from Kempinski I've used points rather than cash. The lack of a lounge doesn't bother me. I'd rather go the Airbrau
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:40 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by 2035
Stayed here last night as Diamond, for the first time since it changed brands.
Rooms are comfortable but not luxurious. Furnishing seems sparse, there are large 'empty' areas. I don't think it's changed since Kempinski days.

There is no lounge - reception thought there may be one some time in the future. I was offered to take 2 drinks and 2 snacks from minibar instead. Only problem was that there were no snacks at all in minibar...these were replenished when I called. I got the impression that it would be OK to take a bit more, they would not charge. I did not get a room upgrade as far as I could see (was in a basic room).
Was given free premium wi-fi access, which worked fast and well.
Breakfast was Germany Hilton standard, ie pretty good. I have always been quite happy with Hilton breakfasts in Germany.

One thing to note is that for the first time ever at a Hilton I was asked for my corporate ID since a booked a corporate rate. No problem, but be warned in case you use codes you are not entitled to...
Thanks for your review and insights. It's good to know. Cheers. ^
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Does anyone know if golds get breakfast here?

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
As a Gold I've always been offered breakfast in the lobby restaurant. Never taken advantage though as I'm usually flying out around 7:00 a.m. so just eat a bit in the airport lounge.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:40 pm
Original Member

I stayed here twice back in July. I was given a 1 bedroom suite as an upgrade. I had a rental car and they valet parked my vehicle on both occasions. The breakfast was very good and there was a welcome plate of fruit and water upon each arrival. The front desk and valet service couldn't have been better. The most important thing for me though was that the air-conditioning actually cooled the room during a heat spell compared to the inadequate cooling system provided at the Munich City Hilton. With easy access to the S system. restaurants and shopping I will use this as a base for my next visit to Munich.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
As a Gold I've always been offered breakfast in the lobby restaurant. Never taken advantage though as I'm usually flying out around 7:00 a.m. so just eat a bit in the airport lounge.
Great stuff. We're flying in late & heading down to Austria the next morning. Didn't really fancy paying EUR34 a head for the breakfast
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:01 pm
Original Member

One other thought having nothing to do with travel comfort but they did have an array of Audi vehicle's on display to look at in the front entrance area. I like car shopping and the vehicles they had there were very impressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.