Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2020, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite

-The station next to the hotel - St James Park tube (metro) station is totally CLOSED every day. You will have to walk (or get a taxi) from either westminster or victoria station. It's a good 15 minute walk from either station, so if you have heavy luggage go to victoria, as they have a taxi rank....At westminster you have to hail a taxi from the street. Many "smaller" (less used) tube / metro stations in central London have been fully closed. Check TFL (Transport for London) website for details.
My good lady works in the rail industry and apparently the rumblings are that a full service may be restored from August 3rd. I'll post again if she receives confirmation.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
My good lady works in the rail industry and apparently the rumblings are that a full service may be restored from August 3rd. I'll post again if she receives confirmation.
Just to update on the Tube Station reopening - Sunday 17th August 7am.
dlaue and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 1:34 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Starwood, Hilton
So I'm being offered a GBP36/per night upgrade from King Exec. to Junior Suite: any opinions on whether it's *worth* it?!
Cheers!
Old Aug 14, 2020, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Michael C
So I'm being offered a GBP36/per night upgrade from King Exec. to Junior Suite: any opinions on whether it's *worth* it?!
Cheers!
I would do it, if you plan to spend some time in there. You get a bigger room with a cool swivel TV and a small seating area.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 7:18 am

Cheers!
Old Sep 7, 2020, 4:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC, VSFlyingClub, HHonors
Also just stayed at the Conrad St James and was very impressed with the service and way that they handled the changes due to Covid-19. The fitness centre is open (although you need to pre-book a slot) and, as est-gratuite mentioned above, the evening Executive Lounge offering has now moved to the bar area and Breakfast is served a la carte in the restaurant. As a Hilton Diamond member, I got a fantastic welcome and a two-tier upgrade on the room I had booked which was greatly appreciated. Overall, I thought the staff did everything they could to make my stay feel special. Would definitely stay again.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 10:59 pm

Just following on from my earlier posts, upgraded room and had a great stay.
Nice birthday gifts in room, and breakfast of course fabulous. Bit surprised there wasn't ANYthing in lounge - not even crisps/energy bars, etc., but didn't affect stay in any way.
For a summer stay particularly, loved being by the park. St James' tube reopened while we were there.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Michael C
Bit surprised there wasn't ANYthing in lounge - not even crisps/energy bars, etc., but didn't affect stay in any way.
When I visited the 1st floor lounge in July you could get some soft drinks and mineral water from the fridge below the counter, and the coffee machine was working.
It's easy to miss if you don't look for it.
No food though.
Some warm food is served in the ground floor bar area free for lounge guests in early evening hours.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I was sent an email with a link to https://linktr.ee/ConradLondonGuest for an upcoming stay.
Looks great compared to other London Hilton properties post-Covid.

Last edited by El_Duderito; Sep 9, 2020 at 6:47 pm
Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:25 am

We are back from a weekend stay. tl;dr: great experience

- no lounge, but happy hour on the ground floor 5:30-7:30PM with canapés and drinks (I believe even champagne was available)
- breakfast made to order with great quality and service
- room was in great shape and looked clean
- fast internet (50Mbps up+down)
- St James tube station is open again for convenient access
- No Monty plush toy
Abidjan, teemuflyer, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
We are back from a weekend stay. tl;dr: great experience

- No Monty plush toy
Why no Monty?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Why no Monty?
I asked the check-in staff and via the app. They said that they ran out and deliberately (at least it sounded like it) did not order them.
Monty should be back at some point, though.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:00 am

Stayed last Sunday and preupgraded to Duplex Suite which on first floor from basic room
Hotel was quite and Suite available with digital key from midday
Very impressed welcome and suite stocked with lots of Shanghai Tang toiletries fridge full of mineral water
Suite impressive with lounge ground floor toilet then stairs to bedroom and bathroom with dual shower
Lounge is on first floor stocked with soft drinks and teas and coffees
There are two shower rooms also in there
Complimentary drinks and food in bar on ground floor from 5.30pm for two hours and again impressive service
Canapés bought to your table will drinks (again glasses never empty !) Was quite throughout (five tables occupied ) and food was varied (could request hot items I noted like fries )
Good night sleep very quiet considering central location
Breakfast was extremely quite at 8.30am two other tables
Again service and food very very impressive as Diamond offered anything from menu at no charge lots of options but would accommodate any dietary requirements
Had toasted brioche with poached eggs woodland mushrooms and red onion jam which was one of the best breakfast items I’ve ever had
Partner had omelette and smoked salmon
Coffee was very good as was the freshly squeezed juice
Fruit bowls were fresh with good selection of quality seasonal fruit
Pastries very good and small selection of cold items (cheeses, salmon and fruit )
Overall an amazing experience (though Liverpool football team stay here apparently lol )
Very impressed
cjd, Abidjan, RAPC and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Stayed last Sunday and preupgraded to Duplex Suite which on first floor from basic room
Hotel was quite and Suite available with digital key from midday
Very impressed welcome and suite stocked with lots of Shanghai Tang toiletries fridge full of mineral water
Suite impressive with lounge ground floor toilet then stairs to bedroom and bathroom with dual shower
Lounge is on first floor stocked with soft drinks and teas and coffees
There are two shower rooms also in there
Complimentary drinks and food in bar on ground floor from 5.30pm for two hours and again impressive service
Canapés bought to your table will drinks (again glasses never empty !) Was quite throughout (five tables occupied ) and food was varied (could request hot items I noted like fries )
Good night sleep very quiet considering central location
Breakfast was extremely quite at 8.30am two other tables
Again service and food very very impressive as Diamond offered anything from menu at no charge lots of options but would accommodate any dietary requirements
Had toasted brioche with poached eggs woodland mushrooms and red onion jam which was one of the best breakfast items I’ve ever had
Partner had omelette and smoked salmon
Coffee was very good as was the freshly squeezed juice
Fruit bowls were fresh with good selection of quality seasonal fruit
Pastries very good and small selection of cold items (cheeses, salmon and fruit )
Overall an amazing experience (though Liverpool football team stay here apparently lol )
Very impressed
Thinking of staying here on a Friday. Do you know what drinks are available during the diamond hour? Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by mjbdiamond
Thinking of staying here on a Friday. Do you know what drinks are available during the diamond hour? Thanks
The hours for canapés and drink are 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Usual soft drinks , premium beers and spirits , fizz was a good Processco and choice of red and white wines all brought to your table
Hope you have a good stay look out for George if he’s working that night he looked after us superbly !
Abidjan and ceebee100 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.