Search

My Way Hilton Choice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
My Way Hilton Choice

Hi,
recenty I became Hilton Gold. In my account I found "My Way Hilton". There is a choice in Hilton Hotel. I can have either 1000 Points or free breakfast.

But now I have received my Member Card of Hilton Gold. And in the attached Flyer there is written, that Gold Members receive free Breakfast.

I do not understand this. Do Gold Members have free Breakfast in any case or only if they choose so in "My Way Hilton". And then of course reject the 1000 Bonus Points at Hilton Hotels.

And if the breakfast is free for Hilton Gold Members. Is the free breakfast also at Waldorf Astoria Hotels?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's an "either-or" choice, not "all of the above".

Some newer HH members have become upset when they selected, say, points, instead of an upgrade and breakfast.

Others go through the menu on the website and select carefully for the various chain offerings.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Kubi
Hi,
recenty I became Hilton Gold. In my account I found "My Way Hilton". There is a choice in Hilton Hotel. I can have either 1000 Points or free breakfast.

But now I have received my Member Card of Hilton Gold. And in the attached Flyer there is written, that Gold Members receive free Breakfast.

I do not understand this. Do Gold Members have free Breakfast in any case or only if they choose so in "My Way Hilton". And then of course reject the 1000 Bonus Points at Hilton Hotels.

And if the breakfast is free for Hilton Gold Members. Is the free breakfast also at Waldorf Astoria Hotels?
As noted above, you don't get everything as a Gold. If you look at the MyWay choices you can see there are different choices for different chains.

Breakfast is not an option for WA hotels.

From HiltonHonors:
MY WAY GOLD MEMBERSHIP HOTEL BENEFITS:6

Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts
◾Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
◾1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or one in-room movie5 per stay

Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™
◾Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
◾1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay

Embassy Suites Hotels™
◾500 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or two snack/refreshment choices per stay

Hilton Garden Inn™
◾750 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary Hot Cooked-to-Order Breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay

Hampton™
◾250 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or snack and water per stay

Homewood Suites by Hilton™
◾250 HHonors bonus points per stay or two bottles of water and Pepperidge Farm cookies per stay

Home2 Suites by Hilton™
◾100 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or choice of snack and bottled water per stay

Hilton Grand Vacations™
◾1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay
And from the terms and conditions:
2.Gold Elite Members will receive the following during stays as a registered Gold Elite Member: ◾A 25% bonus on Base Points earned during the period they are Gold Elite Members. Bonuses will be applied to stays in the order they are posted to the Member's account.
◾Complimentary In-Room and Lobby Wi-Fi Internet Access during stays at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites Hotels™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™.*
◾Complimentary access during your stay to health club or fitness center where available and where the health club or fitness center is owned or operated by the hotel.*
◾Two complimentary bottles of water per stay at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn and Hilton Grand Vacations properties.*
◾5th Night Free: For every Standard Room Reward stay of five or more nights, one night is free. Members can utilize the 5th Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually. Applies only to five consecutive nights within the same Standard Room Reward stay at the same property, up to 20 nights, when confirmed at time of booking. No more than four free nights will be awarded per stay. If free night is declined, reservation is cancelled, or check-out occurs before fifth night, the free night is forfeited and has no cash, point, or Reward value. Point value of the free night is based on the average nightly point value during the stay calculated by dividing the total point value of all nights by the number of nights in the stay. A standard room is defined by each hotel and subject to availability at participating hotels within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands. Applies to Standard Room Reward stays only, not to paid stays. Does not apply when stay is booked as part of a Reward Stay offer, package, or promotion offered by Hilton or any of its partners, or at All-Inclusive properties or Distinctive properties.
◾Choose a My Way On-Property benefit. Click this link to view the choices at each hotel brand within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio.
◾At Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ properties, Gold HHonors guests receive upgrades to preferred rooms, which may include the next-best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades may also include rooms with desirable views, corner rooms, rooms on high floors, rooms with special amenities, or rooms on Executive Floors, as identified by each property. Upgrades exclude executive suites, villas and specialty accommodations (which may include, but not limited to, "Vista" and "Villa" accommodation types), subject to the discretion of the hotel. Group reservations and certain rates are not eligible for complimentary upgrades. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis for the entire stay, as determined at the time of check-in. Preferred rooms are identified by each individual property and may vary within each brand. Upgrades will be given only for one room for the member, regardless of additional rooms the member may have purchased at or after the time of booking. The following brands do not offer complimentary upgrades: Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations®.

*In-Room Internet Access, Fitness Center / Health Club Access, In-Room Movie and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
As explained by JDiver, it's an either-or option.

Go through them carefully to check which is more important or relevant to you. Sometimes upon check in things can go both ways:
a) FD will ask again your preference on points or breakfast
b) you get both. (I assumed this to be of pure luck)
Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:16 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RCTP
b) you get both. (I assumed this to be of pure luck)
I've had some hotels state that it is their policy to offer both (even though it isn't required.)

Even as a Diamond, I don't get both points and breakfast at an HGI, but I've had some of them offer me both as well.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I've had some hotels state that it is their policy to offer both (even though it isn't required.)

Even as a Diamond, I don't get both points and breakfast at an HGI, but I've had some of them offer me both as well.
Eaxctly. If you're desperate for breakfast then choose it - if not then pick points and you quite often get breakfast as well anyway, if they refuse then head out and get some instead.

I tend to choose breakfast when with the family as it's easier with the kids and is worth a lot of money - if I'm on my own travelling on business then I pick points and either expense the breakfast or just grab something in the office anyway.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisH
I tend to choose breakfast when with the family as it's easier with the kids and is worth a lot of money - if I'm on my own travelling on business then I pick points and either expense the breakfast or just grab something in the office anyway.
This is my strategy as well. Note that you can change your choice at any time depending on the situation.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Red face

i would prefer the points, but wish that as a diamond I could get both
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Delta, HHonors, Marriott rewards, Amex Gold
I just saw these "Myway points" credited to my account and I wasn't sure what they were until I looked it up today. But I did get free breakfast too. I had no idea it was either / or. And this happened in both places I stayed recently, so I guess they are not strict about barring you from getting breakfast if you opted for points. Or the hotels simply don't pay attention .
Old Jul 5, 2014, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Yes2milesandpoints
I just saw these "Myway points" credited to my account and I wasn't sure what they were until I looked it up today. But I did get free breakfast too. I had no idea it was either / or. And this happened in both places I stayed recently, so I guess they are not strict about barring you from getting breakfast if you opted for points. Or the hotels simply don't pay attention .
Depends upon the hotel.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Yes2milesandpoints
Exactly the same here......when I was gold last year I had my settings to " points" ( in error) and always got free breakfast too........must say that these were all uk Hilton's
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:37 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I set my preference to 1000 bonus points unless I am somewhere in the middle of nowhere (Such as Hilton Guam) or in an expensive city (such as Hilton Tokyo) Anywhere else I would rather go out and grab a local breakfast.

Looking back through my account history for this year, I have got points and breakfast too at most stays. Above-mentioned exceptions, I got lounge access at Guam and full awesome breakfast in Tokyo, plus the 1000 bonus points.

Where I have asked for the points, I have had breakfast vouchers or lounge access too so also got both.

The only exception I have noticed on my stays is Hilton NYC Fashion District where they expressly ask you to choose when you check in. I took the points because I wanted to go to a deli or juice bar for a breakfast. As such I didn't get offered breakfast vouchers as is the experience of other FTers.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
I haven't been able to confirm this,
But I've been curious to those who have been getting breakfast vouchers at WA's, whether they have their preferences set to 1,000 points or the "other" aka free in room movie.

It would be great if you got them regardless of the setting, but, even though it's not how it's supposed to work per the rules, I just wonder if the hotel passed them out to the people that had it set to movie. (movie doesn't seem too desirable to me..)
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
With 1000 pts valued at $5 per stay, the breakfast is usually a $10 value per DAY, and if there are two of you (spouse and I almost always travel together) then worth $20 per day. We recently stayed at Hitlon Union Square San Francisco for four night conference. We were given 8 vouchers worth $10 each at the lobby Starbucks that could be used any time of day. Conference provided breakfast most days so we used the vouchers for midday snack, fruit, Frappucinos or Odwalla smoothies. For us the breakfast is the better value since we rarely stay one night any where. At the WA's we take the points because we don't care about watching movies while on a trip.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by wizla
Exactly the same here......when I was gold last year I had my settings to " points" ( in error) and always got free breakfast too........must say that these were all uk Hilton's
Exactly the same experience for me too in the UK. In fact, I can't remember being denied both at any Euro properties either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.